Bear in mind that this used to be a back-packers island and is fairly basic, so this resort is fairly well appointed in comparison to others we saw. All the resorts can only be reached by quite open high-speed boats and the ride can be choppy. This resort has its own jetty, We took a beach front chalet which was comfortable and had everything we needed, including good airconditioning. For us, this was the best location on the island. We went for the all-inclusive package, the restaurant food was poor on the first day but improved considerably on the 2nd and 3rd days. The Breakfast buffet was fine, though. No alcohol here, but that is quite common in this part of Malaysia. We took our own wine to the restaurant. If you take bed and breakfast, there is access to the adjoining resorts and a couple of restaurants on the next beach.
Having said all that, this is paradise for a leasurely holiday or to snorkel, dive or trek. We did them all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perhentian Island Resort is an ideal beach resort for a leisurely family vacation in Malaysia. Surrounded by lush greenery, facing white sandy beaches and a warm blue sea, Perhentian Island is a holiday paradise not to be missed. Perhentian Island, or Pulau Perhentian as the locals call it, is well known as a marine paradise and forms a parts of the National Marine Park of Malaysia. In the surrounding areas of Perhentian Island Resort, you will find many things to see and do. Take a jungle trek up the hills under a canopy of large trees, and you might see wild magpies, giant fruit bats or the Nicobar pigeon. Perhentian Island lies along the flight path of this migratory bird. You might also see the harmless monitor lizard or even the unique lutong monkey species. The nearest jungle trail is less than 100 metres away from our resort. Or gather your family and head to the inviting sea for a swim. For those who enjoy snorkelling or scuba diving, the Resort is strategically located, fronting a coral-rich bay. The marine ecosystem of this area is well documented and held in high regards by snorkellers and scuba divers. If you come between June and September, you might get lucky and see giant green turtles laying eggs along the beach. Enjoy your next family holiday at this paradise beach resort, where reality is like a dream. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Perhentian Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Perhentian Island Hotel Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Perhentian Island Pulau Besar