I spent 10 days in this hotel and I found it LOVELY! I had a beach bungalow which was the best solution because I could watch everyday the sunrise and sunset. The room was simple along with the lifestyle of the island itself. I found from time to time some stains on the bed sheets, but you're on an island in the middle of the sea, still pretty "virgin", so I didn't paid much attention to it. Everything was clean enough, really!
The resort itself also can offer you breakfast and all the other meals. Breakfast was always great, I always ate a lot, eggs, bacon, malaysian food, croissants, jam, juice, tea, coffee and so on. I also had lunch once, but it was pretty expensive and always preferred to eat in other places on the island.
The beach of the resort is one of the best beaches you will find on Perhentian Besar, the water is awesome and you can enjoy unforgettable sunsets from there.
I will always reccomend this place if you're not looking for luxury accomodations, otherwise I would reccomend to choose different islands, because you will find no luxe on Perhentian Besar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perhentian Island Resort is an ideal beach resort for a leisurely family vacation in Malaysia. Surrounded by lush greenery, facing white sandy beaches and a warm blue sea, Perhentian Island is a holiday paradise not to be missed. Perhentian Island, or Pulau Perhentian as the locals call it, is well known as a marine paradise and forms a parts of the National Marine Park of Malaysia. In the surrounding areas of Perhentian Island Resort, you will find many things to see and do. Take a jungle trek up the hills under a canopy of large trees, and you might see wild magpies, giant fruit bats or the Nicobar pigeon. Perhentian Island lies along the flight path of this migratory bird. You might also see the harmless monitor lizard or even the unique lutong monkey species. The nearest jungle trail is less than 100 metres away from our resort. Or gather your family and head to the inviting sea for a swim. For those who enjoy snorkelling or scuba diving, the Resort is strategically located, fronting a coral-rich bay. The marine ecosystem of this area is well documented and held in high regards by snorkellers and scuba divers. If you come between June and September, you might get lucky and see giant green turtles laying eggs along the beach. Enjoy your next family holiday at this paradise beach resort, where reality is like a dream. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Perhentian Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Perhentian Island Hotel Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Perhentian Island Pulau Besar