I stayed at PIR on April 2014 for 3 days 2 night under full board package with my friend. Breath taking view around the resort and the best beach for sure. With Marine park exactly in front of the resort, you can just jump in to the beach and enjoy the snorkelling! Everything was smooth from the moment we arrived in Kota Bahru airport till the resort for the check in.
Our disappointment begin when we got our room key. The room was big but the air conditioning not working at all. It's like we stay in sauna room in very hot day!! The bathroom not clean at all. The toilet bowl and sink very dirty. No chair for dressing table. Smelly pillow and duvet. Only at 6pm maintenance guy came in and fixed the air conditioning. And same thing happened next day which is the air conditioning not working and it's turn to be very hot! Another maintenance guy came in and fixed the air cond. The housekeeper did not clean the coffee cup for some reason and I wonder why? I have stayed in many hotel & resort before but never come across this situation. Definitely the room we stayed need a refurbishment.
The buffet for lunch & dinner also biggest disappointment for us. The fruits plate not fresh at all. The foods too oily and tasteless. I ended up ate outside the resort and wasted our full board package!! Definitely big no for the full board package!
On our last day, we already hang the DO NOT DISTURD sign in the door. Unfortunately, at 830am in the morning someone claimed from maintenance loudly knocked the door and said want to fixed the air conditioner!!! But why must on our last day and in the morning and when we already put the DO NOT DISTURB sign???!!
It's terrible experienced for the holiday. I will definitely come back to Perhentian Island but not to Perhentian Island resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perhentian Island Resort is an ideal beach resort for a leisurely family vacation in Malaysia. Surrounded by lush greenery, facing white sandy beaches and a warm blue sea, Perhentian Island is a holiday paradise not to be missed. Perhentian Island, or Pulau Perhentian as the locals call it, is well known as a marine paradise and forms a parts of the National Marine Park of Malaysia. In the surrounding areas of Perhentian Island Resort, you will find many things to see and do. Take a jungle trek up the hills under a canopy of large trees, and you might see wild magpies, giant fruit bats or the Nicobar pigeon. Perhentian Island lies along the flight path of this migratory bird. You might also see the harmless monitor lizard or even the unique lutong monkey species. The nearest jungle trail is less than 100 metres away from our resort. Or gather your family and head to the inviting sea for a swim. For those who enjoy snorkelling or scuba diving, the Resort is strategically located, fronting a coral-rich bay. The marine ecosystem of this area is well documented and held in high regards by snorkellers and scuba divers. If you come between June and September, you might get lucky and see giant green turtles laying eggs along the beach. Enjoy your next family holiday at this paradise beach resort, where reality is like a dream. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Perhentian Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Perhentian Island Hotel Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Perhentian Island Pulau Besar