The resort has by far the most beautiful location, stunning beach and surroundings on the island, however the entire establishment is in need of an upgrade. Rotten walls because of water damage, dead mouse in the ceiling, no functioning internet and a non useable restaurant. My group of nine did by dine there one single evening. All in all it does not seem like the hotel management want to earn money or please the guests for that matter. The staff did the best they could, but several days the people that cleaned the rooms forgot to clean our bungalow and we had to ask for the right amount of towels several times. One evening a turtle came up on the beach to lay eggs, however the resort had no procedures on how to handle such situations, so locals ended up stealing the eggs to sell and eat before we could do anything. The hotel manager told us he had been down there, but then obviously done nothing. He also lies to us about the procedures, which we got to know from a local dive instructor the day after. I personally find it horrifying that the resort does not take responsibility for the turtle eggs, after all it is the amazing marine park they earn their money on. All in all the bungalows are good, as long as you get the beach front ones. Other people living in the ones further back told us about rats and iguanas running around their doorstep. The breakfast is for most Europeans not very consumable, so foodwise I would recommend Watercolors or Coral View.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perhentian Island Resort is an ideal beach resort for a leisurely family vacation in Malaysia. Surrounded by lush greenery, facing white sandy beaches and a warm blue sea, Perhentian Island is a holiday paradise not to be missed. Perhentian Island, or Pulau Perhentian as the locals call it, is well known as a marine paradise and forms a parts of the National Marine Park of Malaysia. In the surrounding areas of Perhentian Island Resort, you will find many things to see and do. Take a jungle trek up the hills under a canopy of large trees, and you might see wild magpies, giant fruit bats or the Nicobar pigeon. Perhentian Island lies along the flight path of this migratory bird. You might also see the harmless monitor lizard or even the unique lutong monkey species. The nearest jungle trail is less than 100 metres away from our resort. Or gather your family and head to the inviting sea for a swim. For those who enjoy snorkelling or scuba diving, the Resort is strategically located, fronting a coral-rich bay. The marine ecosystem of this area is well documented and held in high regards by snorkellers and scuba divers. If you come between June and September, you might get lucky and see giant green turtles laying eggs along the beach. Enjoy your next family holiday at this paradise beach resort, where reality is like a dream. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Perhentian Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Perhentian Island Hotel Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Perhentian Island Pulau Besar