We just came back from 4 nights at P.I.R. We got the deluxe room. The interior had dark wooden walls with low lightings & only one small window for abit of sunlight. Thus the whole room felt really dark and damp. The bathroom that we had was old with cracked basin with basic neccesaties.
The restaurant has nothing to write about with limited choices. We stayed in to dine at their restaurant on our first day and choices were very limited. Do not have buffet dinner as it was our most disappointing food experience. Again, do not waste 50 Ringgits p.p on buffet dinner. Literally 4 or 5 dishes (fried rice, fried noodle n carbonara) and some old desserts n fruits. Go for a hike to the Coral View Island Resort where they have a mini mart to stock up on your water bottle (cheaper than at P.I.R) or go to Mama Chalet. Better food and more options. If you are going to Redang Island after (like us) you cqn also organise your transfer by boat there. Suprisingly good. I'll write another review for our Itinerary from australia- KL- Perhentian- Redang-langkawi-Kl- Melb. We're currently in Redang ;).
The staff hmmm untrained or just not happy to work during Ramadan month. But some restaurant staff were friendly and helpful and they were quite reserve which is nothing wrong with that. Must be their culture. Staff at the snorkling and dive centre were nic as well.
Prior to booking this place, we were informed by other TripAdvisor reviews thus we were prepared for basic accommodations. We spent most of the time at the beach and snorkling. This place has its own beach with calm water and TURTLES. Seeing turtles that were close to the beach were really the highlights of our stay. After our cross thru the walk way to where all the chalets are, we realised that P.I.R has the best location!!! The beach on the other side, not sure if I can call that the beach. It was rocky, alot of dead corals on the shore, humid with interupted view. In fact, people from other chalets actually came over to P.I.R's beach. With other hotels on the main stretch, rooms were deep in the jungle, humid and noisy so not sure we would want to stay there. "The grass is not always greener on the other side".
Since we did not go on holiday to stay in the hotels, we overlooked the old, dated accommodations (although abit pricey for its standard) and rather enjoyed the beautiful beach, warm water and sea turtles. Total relaxation! We will stay here again purely for its location and serenity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perhentian Island Resort is an ideal beach resort for a leisurely family vacation in Malaysia. Surrounded by lush greenery, facing white sandy beaches and a warm blue sea, Perhentian Island is a holiday paradise not to be missed. Perhentian Island, or Pulau Perhentian as the locals call it, is well known as a marine paradise and forms a parts of the National Marine Park of Malaysia. In the surrounding areas of Perhentian Island Resort, you will find many things to see and do. Take a jungle trek up the hills under a canopy of large trees, and you might see wild magpies, giant fruit bats or the Nicobar pigeon. Perhentian Island lies along the flight path of this migratory bird. You might also see the harmless monitor lizard or even the unique lutong monkey species. The nearest jungle trail is less than 100 metres away from our resort. Or gather your family and head to the inviting sea for a swim. For those who enjoy snorkelling or scuba diving, the Resort is strategically located, fronting a coral-rich bay. The marine ecosystem of this area is well documented and held in high regards by snorkellers and scuba divers. If you come between June and September, you might get lucky and see giant green turtles laying eggs along the beach. Enjoy your next family holiday at this paradise beach resort, where reality is like a dream. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Perhentian Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Perhentian Island Hotel Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Perhentian Island Pulau Besar