This resort received till now not so good reviews and frankly speaking I can say that it is an example of a missed opportunity. The location is outstanding, surely the best in the beautiful Perhentian island.Bungalows are decent, absolutely not perfect, enough clean but not appealing and cared (and also there differences between the room). Food is also standard, anyway acceptable.
But what it lacks totally is the customer orientation. Personnel is active, sometimes more lazy, but it seems not managed, and it doesn't show a particular attention to customer needs.
Furthermore the beach, the wonderful beach in front of the hotel, shows few wooden, absolutely not comfortable sunbed, and nothing else. There are also few sun umbrellas but they are rented !!!
You cannot find a soft chair anywhere, there is not a bar also because alcoholics are not sold.
Internet works - at intermittence - in common areas, but try to ask help to the reception. You will not receive any support. There is also a decent swimming pool on the back of the structure, but I don't find any sense to use it given the spectacular sea water in front.
At the end I think you can find few better structures on Perhentian Island, but if you are searching for the right location Perhentian Island Resort has no competitor. The pity it is not managed as I outlined. You can accept very simple rooms but not a very low attention to the customer needs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perhentian Island Resort is an ideal beach resort for a leisurely family vacation in Malaysia. Surrounded by lush greenery, facing white sandy beaches and a warm blue sea, Perhentian Island is a holiday paradise not to be missed. Perhentian Island, or Pulau Perhentian as the locals call it, is well known as a marine paradise and forms a parts of the National Marine Park of Malaysia. In the surrounding areas of Perhentian Island Resort, you will find many things to see and do. Take a jungle trek up the hills under a canopy of large trees, and you might see wild magpies, giant fruit bats or the Nicobar pigeon. Perhentian Island lies along the flight path of this migratory bird. You might also see the harmless monitor lizard or even the unique lutong monkey species. The nearest jungle trail is less than 100 metres away from our resort. Or gather your family and head to the inviting sea for a swim. For those who enjoy snorkelling or scuba diving, the Resort is strategically located, fronting a coral-rich bay. The marine ecosystem of this area is well documented and held in high regards by snorkellers and scuba divers. If you come between June and September, you might get lucky and see giant green turtles laying eggs along the beach. Enjoy your next family holiday at this paradise beach resort, where reality is like a dream. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Perhentian Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Perhentian Island Hotel Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Perhentian Island Pulau Besar