“Quite Reasonable.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Panorama Chalet Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
Panorama Chalet Resort
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Quite Reasonable.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Quite a decent chalet, with air cond and water heater. i stayed in room of 4 and the price is quite reasonable. i was at perhentian kecil for diving so Panorama stay is quite suitable for me as i am only in to sleep. there is one thing that is quite unique about the resort is that daily from they will cut the electricity on a certain time for at least 2-3 hours. either in the morning 9-11am or evening 4-7pm. my room is only opposite the restaurant/receptionist so it is quite convenience. there is a small mini mart nearby opposite the restaurant which is a plus point. the air cond in the room is very cold at night and there is no remote for it.

Room Tip: choose the room nearest to the receiptionist/restaurant for convenient
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We arrived to this place since it was the only with ac room for our budget. Very simple room. Terrible mattress. Plenty of misquitoes, you should use your net.

Better not to talk about the worst shared bathroom in Malaysia.

Keep your shoes and flipflops in your room otherwise they'll be stolen by the local staff. We lost our mint hawaianas the first night. The manager didn't do anything but laughing and here it's my review as I promised.

AVOID THIS PLACE

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank hiworld_es

Travellers are raving about these Pulau Perhentian Kecil hotels

Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed here in 2006 and from what I read, it seems the chalet has not changed at all. I have given my review in Tripadvisor but I could not locate it now.

Just to make it short, please stay away from here as it is super run down. Yes they do provide very very "basic" facilities but they are missing the major factor: Cleanliness!

1) a half function and very dirty toilet
2) room with a very old mattress and mosquitoes net
3) 1 wall fan with poor wind circulation (you can barely feel the wind from wall fan after cover the bed with mosquitoes net)
4) limited time of electricity (I not sure if they still practice it now, but back then, the power will shut down after 10am daily)

After almost 80% of the review here condemn this place, I seriously doubt the genuine intention of those ppl who put up a good comment here.

Stay away from here and get a decent clean place to stay. Don't torture your holiday unless that's what you are looking for.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Natasha_Ng
Tampere
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

We took the Open Water course + room package (3 nights) at Panorama. We made a quick decision to stay at Panorama Chalet, thinking it would be cheaper to take the package. Huge MISTAKE. The "rooms" are in tear-down condition, made only of plywood and there are holes everywhere. Worse still, we had MICE living under our bed. One night they came to eat our belongings, so we ended up having to buy all new hygiene stuff and make-up. The staff didn't offer us any compensation for the loss, only the possibility to switch rooms.

The rooms are WAY too expensive for the quality, for RM120 a night it's a ripoff. For RM140 a night you can stay in a very nice hotel, for example Shari-La at Coral Bay.

Simply, don't stay at Panorama.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank N00ra_e
Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

These chalets are very basic but are run by extremely friendly people which makes the stay really easy!
The restaurant doesn't serve beer but they allow you to bring in your beer cans from a closeby bar.
The breakfast is abundant and the staff can help organizing activities in the island, from snorkelling, diving and trips to other beautiful beacheas.
Nearby is the panorama diving school with Great staff and wonderful prices!
Ideal for going with relaxed friends

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Panorama Chalet is probably one of the WORST place you can stay at the beach! I took the Open water diving package, so I stayed for 4 days 3 nights. And all I can say is that I'm never going to stay there ever again! The room is basically made of a thin piece of wood and a few nails holding it together.On top of that, it had a very bad smell to it and that the toilet was in a very sad state.
This wasn't the issue for me though, the one thing that really made this place my number.1 worst experience was the receptionist. Taking the diving package, I naturally assumed that I had the room until my last dive of the last day. Not only did the receptionist fail to mention the check out time, she demanded that I pay a full day rate for the room that I had stayed in. Talking in a calm way, I quickly pointed out that no prior notice was given to me neither in writing nor verbal therefore I could not possibly be held responsible for her own carelessness. She insisted that she had written it all down on my receipt, check in day. I presented her with the receipt and there was definitely nothing written on it as I had insisted. Trying to cover her mistake, she argued that there is a notice written in each room. However, the rooms truly had nothing but one bed and one fan.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank AisyahRahim
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

We arrived here and went to reception to get a room! The diving packages seemed really good and great value with the accommodation included so we decided to stay here! BIG MISTAKE! The receptionist was really rude and not helpful at all! Our room was dark dingy and dirty! There were so many bugs flying and crawling in our room and the mosquito net was no good as it was torn! The bathroom if you could call it that was filthy with cold water! We stayed here for 2 nights as we included it in our dive package but we had to leave as it was just awful!
The dive shop was great, the staff were really friendly and welcoming so you felt really at gone and a great atmosphere for meeting and talking with other travellers! Some of the wetsuits have seen better days but you don't really mind as you don't really need a wetsuit as the water is so warm!

• Stayed September 2013
Coral View Island Resort
Coral View Island Resort
#2 of 10 in Pulau Perhentian Besar
The Barat Perhentian Beach Resort
The Barat Perhentian Beach Resor...
#4 of 10 in Pulau Perhentian Besar
Alunan Resort
Alunan Resort
#1 of 10 in Pulau Perhentian Kecil

Been to Panorama Chalet Resort? Share your experiences!