“free wifi”

Ewan Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 10 April 2013

this is a buzzing cafe everyone goes there to eat, drink and get connected. it's a great place to meet other travellers and to catch up with your emails. You can do Monitor spotting there too, as you're based high up you can look down at the monitor lizards walking about. The food is ok, there is a mix of western and Maly food nice milkshakes and refreshments.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

We were on perhentian one week at the middle of the february. Quite many places were closed, but still i belive this is best place on the island! Staff were VERY friendly and smiling all the time whole week. Food was delicious and reasonable prices. There was free Wi-Fi also for all customers and it was fast enough. I definetly go back there some day when it is possible! Love that island! And Ewan was #1!! We also stayed on Ewan's Bungalows this whole week and those were totally best value you can have on the island! I dont have anything bad to say about this place! =) 5 STARS!

3  Thank koomaaaa
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We went to Ewan several times during our stay on Pulau Perhentian Kecil. The food is very good and the service is friendly. The prices are very reasonable if you compare with other places on the island. I would have given them a 5 star ranking if not the issue I had with their bungalows. The bungalows look very nice and I had asked several times if they had one available for our last night, they told me I had to check the day self, which I can totally understand but when I arrived that morning, they had one available but didn't want to give it to me because I only planned to stay one night. Once again, I can understand this is their policy but it's a pitty they didn't mention this to me the days before when I each time asked for a bungalow for only my last night... So nothing about the food just the minor issue with their bungalows that look very nice...

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Friendly atmosphere, good service, reasonable prices, Wi-fi(!) and the best breakfasts.
Owners and staff are very nice and helpful. Wi-fi is more stable at morning and it is for free. When we finished our food we´ve never had a feeling that we have to go and leave the place for other hungry guests. We loved fried banana with ice cream - heaven in mouth for just 6 ringgits!
We can highly recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank Petra L
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Ewans Cafe is located near the pathway to Long Beach from Coral Bay. Everything we ate was very good. Became to my favourite the coconut vegetable, the banana fritter with ice cream and the fresh juices in the morning. If you eat meat you can choose from chicken, beef, and seafood (meat food was also delecious based on my brother opinion). The staff is very kind and friendly. We became returning guests and saw same faces everyday in the cafe...

And not forget the good buisness model they have : free wifi ( during our trip Ewan was the only place at Coral bay with wifi) and charging possibilities.

Maybe the only negative what I can say is the vegetarian choise is not as much I wanted to, and I can not get salad for breakfast...