“Not a bad choice”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Pulau Redang
Singapore, Singapore
“Not a bad choice”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Located next to Laguna Beach Resort and the More More Cha sovenoir shop. There is a enclosed area near to the hotel where there are lots of fishes, corals. The corals here is fantastic, as good as the Marine park. Would definitely recommend to snorkel here.
Package by the hotel include all meals, breakfast, lunch, dinner and teabreaks. Buffet choice are provided for the meals. Although the choice is limited, the food is quite good. Snorkel trips to the Marine Park is included.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank chong m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed in two bedroom apartment ground floor of 2-storeys building of 4 rooms each floor.
Three of us book this place for our scuba diving activities, since there is dive center next to the resort.
Room cleanliness is average. Bathroom come with hot shower.
No TV, no freezer. Drinking water you can get from the canteen.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner were included in our booking, very basic and they alternate food every other day. Taste not bad
Beach is great, wide and clean. Many beach activities, soccer, volleyball and snorkelling just in front of our place.
Dive center personnel are professional, friendly and very accommodative to your request. Thanks to Robert, the cheerful dive center manager.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank ichatraveller
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We choose to stay Club Deluxe family which can stay up to 8 person( is better to stay 6 pax) as the price is same for the package.

The room is newly build and spacious enough, there is like a small house, have 2 room inside and living room. each room have their own LCD Tv and bathroom.
3 bathroom (no need to Q for bath, super big as well.
their Food i would said is super nice and many choice as well.. Soup/dessert/BBQ/Breakfast/even tea break also nice provided. me and my friend love it alot.

for the snorkeling trip, i would said is nice arrange too. very funny explanation for those 1st timer. they can help is you are 1st timer and scared. Jus ask for help.
if you are not enough for their 3 times snorkeling trip, there is near by beach which can easy to find shark in FOC. you can snockeling how long also can.

at nite, is more fun.
a strategic where you can have beach party (fri - Sat) and their own unplug band on (sun- thursday)

after12am you can stay at the sleeper chair for relax and listen to beach "music"....

you can have a very pretty sunrise on morning, pls wake up early to have a look. Look Greats!!!!

Blue sea, beach.... i willl stay here again in my next visit.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Yoke Cheng Y
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We were placed in a double room on ground level. The unit was actually not fully completed because there was actually an opening at the bathroom wall where people could peep in! It was my own experience that I saw someone climbing up at the back of the room to peep in, and that person fled away when I screamed. When I went to complaint at the front-desk, the staff did not appear too surprised. We then went to the back of the room to investigate and saw there was even a ladder placed there (to facilitate the peeping tom?!?!!!). The staff eventually moved us to a different unit where there is no such opening in the bathroom. Scary experience indeed and i will definitely go back there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank Turnpike2013
Reviewed 11 September 2013

The toilet should be upgraded, especially the toilet around the lobby and restaurant. The room should be upgraded too to make it more beautiful and comfortable. The food is great for me! The snorkeling activities are wonderful!!! The staff is also helpful!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank YLL20
Melaka, Melaka, Malaysia
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Easy booking, well planned itinerary. Nice food and nice staff. They serve homecook chinese food. One of the dinner is BBQ, do it yourself!
Beach in front of resort is clear seen water. But there are alot of dried sea shell and coral. Becareful with your foot. There is a better beach to snorkel around near Redang Lagoon.

I've booked for airport transfer to and fro KT airport to jetty. On the day back, our flight is 12.55pm. so we took 7am ferry to jetty. When arrive jetty, there is a bus driver ready to pick us to airport. but the timing is still early. the driver dropped us at china town for an hour to walk around and breakfast. after that, stop us at keropok lekor stall to buy some keropok. THat's cool and sur prise.

It made my day!

I'll go again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Emily7394
Frankston, Australia
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I thought hard about how I would review Redang Beach Resort....and then I decided that I had to separate the beautiful BEACH from the actual "resort", as every resort on Redang has the same beach and besides, the beach is not part of the resort, so here goes:
The package: We (my husband, myself and our 14yr old daughter) booked a "triple superior room" for the "3D2N snorkelling package" - this is my first gripe. It should NOT be advertised as a THREE day package. You check in at 1pm on the first day and you have to check out at 9:30am on the third day....so technically it really should be called a "1&1/2-2 day & 2 night package"! On top of that, in my confirmation email (before I paid) I was told our ferry would leave at 12 noon on the last day, so we were at least anticipating a couple of hours on the beach after check out at 9:30.....but they told us at check in that we had to get the 11am ferry instead...then on the morning of the last day , as we were packing up in the room at 9am, they knocked on our door and told us the ferry was there early and about to leave, so we had to leave right there and then! Hmmmm....all a bit suspicious I think! I would love to know how many other people have experienced this?
The rooms: As others have reviewed here, the rooms are your basic bed, bedside table, desk & small closet (albeit with a handy safe). The beds were quite comfortable though. The bathroom is VERY basic and was rather dirty and stained. All the windows in the room were absolutely filthy - but I must say I didn't notice any other windows as bad as I walked past, so we may have just been unlucky. The aircon wasn't working on the first night so we told the reception - and they fixed it almost immediately - which I must admit we were rather impressed at.
The snorkelling: One word - FANTASTIC! The guys are all really great. They are friendly and obviously know what they are doing. We all really enjoyed the trips - mind you, if you're going to miss one of them - the marine park was a little boring, but the sea snorkelling was fantastic. We saw baby sharks and many beautiful tropical fish. Much better than when we went to Langkowi earlier in the year.
The food: As many people have stated, the food is SO-SO. It's not bad, as such, just OK. The "cook your own BBQ" night was good - I think they do that every alternating night.
The pool: Um, hahahahaha. It's TINY!!! I didn't see a single soul in it the whole time we were there.
The staff: As mentioned above, the snorkelling staff are GREAT. The dining room staff are pretty good too. As for the reception staff. I found Mei (who I booked with via many emails) nice enough over our emails...but once we arrived we found all of the girls at reception to be disinterested at best, and unfortunately we observed them making fun of people (& ourselves) behind their backs (in their own language) many times. A tip to them: Body language says A LOT. Don't laugh/stare/point after someone leaves your counter. It's a lot more obvious than you may think...
Saying all of this. We really LOVED our stay on Redang Island, but this was really all due to the amazing beach. The beautiful crystal clear water. The beautiful white sand.
TIP: If you're thinking of doing the "3D2N" package, just pay for the room and eat at the adjoining restaurant & pay for the snorkelling yourself. I did the math and it would either cost the same or not much more (& maybe cheaper, depending on what you ate) - and that way you could eat at the tables right on the sand and not in the overcrowded dining room.
I don't think I could stay at RBR again, but as I said, we still loved our time on Redang. I guess a holiday is what YOU make it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family