“Great Sea View and Friendly Staff”

Redang Island Resort
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Pulau Redang
Goa, India
“Great Sea View and Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I am tempted to say that the resort has a great view of the blue South China Sea, but that is true for most resorts here. What stands out in this resort is the extremely friendly staff that will go to any length to serve you. Being a vegetarian, I usually face problems with food, but they made some excellent vegetarian food for me, including in a barbecue.

Quality of bathrooms can be better, but otherwise no issues.

Room Tip: Choose the sea facing rooms as that is what you are there for on the island.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I believed that this is the worst hotel in the Redang Island.
First Day:Me and my family reached at hotel about afternoon 1.30pm, according to the normal check in time is 1pm, but they are unable to clean up the room for us, we have to waite until around 4.30pm only could get the room. To prevent us from complaints, they were offered us with FOC lunch and we sitting there with tired body and children altogather hanging around 2-3 hours only could step into the room.
2nd Day:We've booked a snorkling trip from 1pm - 9.30pm,but due to the counter staff was given wrong information to us, then we have to another 1.30hour in order to let the boat man finished their lunch meal first then only fetch us to the desired destination.

At night, the worst thing happened! No water supplied around 7pm++,we called to reception counter to complaints, but they just answered technician was on-going to repair the main paip. After half an hour, we complaint again but they said at mid night water supply will back to normal, meanwhile we received a notice which the hotel staff "throw" under the door into our room without any inform.Mid night, hotel still failed to supply water, caused the whole who stay in "Chalet Room" were out of water supplied !!! This is crazy !

3rd Day:This is my final day here, morning still dont have water, forced us have to go to restaurant toilet to wash face and to swimming using the public paip to take shower before we check out !! What da hotel that could alive in this Island?????Please dont stay here otherwise you will get into crazy and spoilt your trip mood !!

Room Tip: Please read the comments from others traveller before you decide to book a room..
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lieselyow
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I was very disappointed with the service has been provided by this resort. For my first day of stay, I have paid RM45 for the ride from Redang Island resort to Long Island. at 7PM. The Organizer told us that they boat will come pick me up at 9.30PM. I was there at early at 9.15PM and waited until 10.30PM. during the waiting period, I have made at least 3 calls because I am worried that the boat is not coming to pick me up. The excuse given to me was they have fetch the first batch of people. so they ask me to wait for the second round. But I was there early than the time promised and waited, there is not even a single boat to fetch us back to the Island.

As for my second day, 9AM in the morning, The resort bring us to the Marine Park. once again they said they will come and pick us up 12PM. I was planning not to bring my phone at first but brought it along to snap some picture. I finished my snorkeling and ready to take off exactly 11.45AM waited at the jetty till 12.45PM. During this waiting period I have made another 3 call to the resort and check for the boat transport. Again they gave me the same excuse saying that they have to sent the first batch of people back. How could they just do that and left the rest behind in the Island without checking. If I really left my phone back in the resort, what will happen later ?

The third day of my stay in the resort, the reception ask me to be at the restaurant at 6.10AM in the morning because we need to arrive at the jetty at 6.30am to catch the boat back to Kuala Terrenganu at 7AM. I called to the operator and requested for the van to come pick us up at 6AM from the room to the lobby because it was raining. The reception told me that they can only pick us up at 6.20AM. I felt annoyed then I decided to walk to the lobby under that rain. When I reached to the lobby at 6.05AM the reception said the breakfast is not ready and we have to wait till 6.20AM. Then I waited till 6.20AM the reception ask me to proceed to the restaurant as the breakfast is ready. But then I got to know that breakfast is not ready and I have waited for another 10min which is 6.30AM for the breakfast. The plates, fork and spoon are all not clean as I walked in the the restaurant. Once I start to grab the breakfast and I only managed to grab 2 slice of bread the waitress came to me and said the Van is waiting for me to sent me to the jetty.

Seriously this matter really annoys me while I am paying for these kind of service.

Room Tip: I will suggest never go to this place because of the "Terrible" service.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank HueyTan
Sg
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

Have read a lot of reviews before I went there, so I don't really put high expectation on this resort..
Upon reaching there, check-in was smooth even though my friend forgot to print out the confirmation email..forgot her name but she's working on morning shift..I guess so since we check in around 2 plus
True enough, there's a steep slope where we need to get to our resort! Was quite shock by the slope.. I really can't imagine how will the old people walk up and down the slope ? One of their staff is kind enough to send us by a van to our resort. That's only for the 1st day! Heh!
Food at the resort are extremely expensive .. Quality was just OK..
Since there's no beach where we can experience, we decided to ask the front desk lady whether there's a service to send us out of the resort.. And there is! But it's only from 6pm-7pm.. •_• we try to eat at one of the local shop and the quality and price are good too! there u can see goat cow chicken roaming around! Such a nice experience...
Room was ok except for the toilet! there's stain on the floor! Shower head in need of a NEW one! Dustbin cover is stained! Really new to change to a new one!
But the good thing is there's no mozzies and cockroach! That's gd!

Souvenir shop needs to put more effort! I don't see any magnet fridge item.. Such a disappointment !

The best part of staying there is only the snorkeling activity! Awesome! Great beach white sand beautiful sea! The corals and fishes are beautiful!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank mikh_q
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Went on a company retreat and stayed in this resort. No facilities and no entertainment in this hotel. It seems to be an island on its own. We have to take a boat to Laguna resort for live band and minimarts!

Hotel seems like a chalet and does not live up to its 5 stars standard at all.

Food is below average and no other restaurants other than the cafe :(

If you are looking for a plain retreat without disturbance, this resort will be suitable. There are no night entertainments and those who love snorkelling, you have to take a boat out.

Room Tip: pick a 2nd floor level so that the monkey will not disturb you (etc knocking on the door, or steal y...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jas L
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 March 2013

As all others commented, this resort does not deserve a single compliment.

I have been to redang island like 5 times. Only this time my choice has been abosulety ruined. The website DOES NOT clearly indicate the exact location of this resort in the island. Like it or not its located in one of the worst corner of the island next to island village.

Believe it or not, this is the only resort in the world located in a beach island and HAVE NO beach at all. Its on a high cliff and completely inaccessible to the beach. Both adults and kids were completely dispppointed.

How do you feel when well planned for a beach holiday and thinking we have booked a wonderful resort and end up staying on mountain and no beach to swim? well ...try it!!

Anywhere you want to go from here , you need to hire a van or boat then only can swim and relax on beach. And remember its not cheap.

Food was another disppointment. I wouldn't elaborate much but its just lousy choice and expensive for that island standard. Throughout our 4 days stay, we only had one meal in the restaurant and thats it.

The only good point of this hotel is the rooms are chalet type and its not bad.

I don't see any reason for tourist to come to this resort as there are plenty of other resorts for cheaper price and certainly with better holiday stay.

On later stage we found out that basically this resort is surviving with government functions, occasion and funding. Being typically managed by the local malays.

Room Tip: Well..all the rooms location are typically absurd !!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Sanjaay_Verman
Sierre, Switzerland
Reviewed 9 February 2013

The worst hotel I've ever stayed. Long travel to Redang Island for beach but this is the only resort that doesn't have a beach and we have to pay to take a boat to another island for beach. The breakfast is really limited choice as well as dinner. NO activity, NO internet, NO in room dining...
The only restaurant will take a century to prepare your food. The distance between your room and the lobby is far than you could ever expect and nobody helps to carry our luggages.
Definitely not coming back to this resort anymore, I would rather pay a little bit more for the other resorts in Redang Island.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Laguna Redang Island Resort
#1 of 12 in Pulau Redang
Sari Pacifica Hotel, Resort & Spa - Redang Island
Arwana Perhentian Eco Resort & Beach Chalet
Arwana Perhentian Eco Resort & B...
#8 of 11 in Pulau Perhentian Besar
Redang Pelangi Resort
Redang Pelangi Resort
#5 of 12 in Pulau Redang
Coral View Island Resort
Coral View Island Resort
#3 of 11 in Pulau Perhentian Besar

Been to Redang Island Resort? Share your experiences!