With so many not so pleasant reviews on this Hotel, you'd probably be surprised why we say it otherwise. Read on and you will know.
We (4 adults and 5 kids) arrived on the 1st Day of Hari Raya (or Eid Holidays). I had expected that being a very important festival or celebration for the Muslims, and all the staff in the Hotel were assumed Muslims, that the service would be rendered quite reluctantly. Reading all those previous reviews did not help either. To our pleasant surprise, they were all so friendly and accommodating. Yeah, always with a smile and helpful, throughout our 4D3N stay.
Yes, it does not have a nice beach, but it has a nice rocky formation with passages that give good pictures or photos by their beach.
And we enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. Why?
1. The Marine Park is just RM10/pax and it is worth it. Besides the beautiful fishes all around you while you snorkel, there was this school of small fish, hundreds maybe thousands of them just at the jetty God knows what the were doing there altogether. Reminded me of the movie Nemo. And the most fascinating part for me is when they all simply surrounded me in one circle. I suppose I will remember this for life. This surrounding can easily happen again and again.
2. The trip to Long Beach was good too. Can spend the whole afternoon and nite there. yes, it's a happening place, probably good for young couples. But for those with kids (anxious where they disappear to) and those wanting more privacy, I would not recommend you to stay there. Day trip may be ok.
3. The trip to 4 island stops was also worth it. especially at Pulau Kenanga and Pulau Ekor Tebu. I did not know at Redang, after all these years, we could still find beautiful live corals there.
4. The fishing trip for all of us was also exhilarating, esp for the kids. Many of them caught fish for the 1st time in their lives. They were given the hooks and squid baits and taught how to detact fish was eating their bait. The best part is, we got 20+ at the size of an adult palm, and 2 at 4 times that size. Another good part - we could just bring back the fish caught, and let the Hotel Restaurant to cook for us - delicious indeed, esp when we were the one who caught them!
5. The Hotel did not have the facilities like a 5-star but it had enough and actually more than we had expected. You can play fusball for free unlimited time, and that was what occupied our kids time most of the time when were waiting for time. The food was ok, commensurate for an inexpensive dining, and surprisingly coffee, tea and drinks were just there for anyone, diners or not, no one will "bother". There's also karaoke for free at the lobby, clean swimming pool where our kids kept somersaulting, nice chalet facing the sea (ooh good!) and cheerful shuttle services.
6. The Hotel is very near to the jetty. And hence, getting to the boat is fast and easy and going to the Marine Park, we were usually among the earliest ones there. After about 1/2 hour almost having the Park on our own, then the crown came in, presumably from other parts of the island.
7. One person you ought to know when you are there is Puan Zura, who is in charge of activities for the Hotel guests. She is knowledgeable and professional. A very reasonable person.
8. All the staff we have encountered there are friendly and non calculative. They are generally quite accommodating.
Water problem? Not at all. Facilities in the room are satisfactory - good showers, nice balcony, nice beds, TV with Sports and FOX Movies among others, fridge, coffee making, iron, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on the cliff facing the spectacular view of Teluk Redang, Redang Island Resort with its chalets nestled amongst the lush green foliages, offer a peaceful holiday where one connects with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Ctrip TA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Redang Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.