“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Pulau Redang
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I was there with my friends for the Chinese New Year Holiday,When we first reached to the hotel we were pampered with welcome drinks and cold towel by Anil the F&B Director..Superb hospitality showed by him through out our stay there..We were checked in by Marion the sweet lady at Front Desk..she was very helpful and kind. She also upgraded our room and that was what all the guests wants to hear upon checking in. On top of that we step in to the beach we felt like we were not in Malaysia. The hotel has a private beach with a superb scenery. I would say the hotel was good but the staffs the made it excellent!!! Last but not least the Resort Manager Henar was there when we were checking out from the hotel and asked us about our stay and offer assistance with our luggages even there was bellmen around. If i plan a trip to Redang in future, The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort will be my first choice. Kudos to the team and keep up the good job.

Room Tip: Garden Suite will be a good choice.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Patrick_Danish
TaarasBeachSpaResort, Management at The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for staying at our resort in Malaysia and sharing your personal experience on Tripadvisor.

The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort is a luxury resort that boasts of incredible location and superlative hospitality. It fills us with immense pleasure to receive such an appreciating review from our esteemed guest. Situated on a private island, our resort makes for a mesmerizing destination where guests can relax and unwind. With a team of experience professionals, we strive towards weaving a perfect stay and your kind words about our service and amenities are highly valued. Your special feedback about our associates has been conveyed and it has inspired and motivated them.

Once again, we thank you for staying with us and look forward to serving you again.

Management @ The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Bhubaneswar, India
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I would not have rated the property 5 stars. It is worthy of a 4 stars surely. The reason why it is excellent is because of the phenomenal "private" beaches it has. I mean how many times, do you find only yourself on an entire beach with azure blue waters and white powdery sand. Maldives for me boasted of the best beaches in the world. Not anymore, the private beach owned by Taaras (especially the one which is a 10 min hike from the hotel) is nothing short of paradise. I had the best time of my life there.
I reached Redang via Berjaya Air (sister company of the Taaras). The check in was seamless. The hospitality was true to Malaysian standards (one of the best in the world). I was upgraded to a hill view room as it was my anniversary. The room was very clean, comfortable and I have nothing to complain about. The gym overlooking the bay was good.

The negatives for me would be the swimming pool and the food. The pool is quite small as compared to many other properties that I have stayed. One side of the pool is very swallow where it is always occupied by kids, the other side is quite deep which is a bit uncharacteristic.
The buffet breakfast was ordinary to say the least. The spread was limited and tasted bland. I had been to Langkawi a few years ago and stayed in Sheraton. The buffet there was actually 5 star. So definitely a room for improvement here. Also I had specifically requested the hotel well in advance to provide some vegetarian options during my stay, but I dont think my request was paid any heed to.

However, a wonderful hotel experience and I would have no hesitation in recommending Taaras Beach Resort and Spa if you are visiting Redang Islands.

Room Tip: The hill view rooms are great and very quite. The combined view of the sea and the mountains is supe...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sugato_11
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Redang Island in Malaysia and sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor.

Placed on a private island, The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort makes for an ideal holiday destination where guests can retreat in utmost comfort while enjoying its picture perfect location. Though we are glad to receive your kind words in regards to our services and amenities, we regret to have missed the opportunity of pleasing your palate. However, we have shared your review with the kitchen team and they are determined to treat you with scrumptious savouries on your next visit. Also, we have noted the concerns highlighted by you and regret that you had to face them during your stay here. The measures will be taken on all the valid observations and we hope that these shortcomings will not deter you from visiting us again.

We look forward to welcome you on your next visit at Malaysia.

Beijing, China
Reviewed 29 January 2014

My wife and I decided we needed a break over Christmas from the pollution and cold of a Beijing winter. After some research and discussions with friends we decided on a few days in KL before Christmas, a week on Redang over Christmas and New Year in Singapore. Checking out accommodation on the island quickly through up Taaras as the best option for us. The staff met us off the plane (quick, easy flight from KL a few times a week) and drove us the short distance to the hotel. despite a number of folk arriving on the same flight there were no queues to check in. Instead we were given a comfortable seat, cool drink and refreshing towel whilst the staff took our documents and did all the necessary for us. All I was required to do was enter the pin number for my credit card. We were pleasantly up-graded to a garden view suite and given a quick tour of the property en-route, via golf cart, to our room.
Throughout our stay staff were attentive and friendly - going to extent of arranging afternoon tea one day, following discussions with the Anil, the F&B director. My wife and another guest enjoyed that. Not being a tea drinker I stayed on the beach.
Accommodation was very comfortable and clean, with about the biggest bathroom I've seen. Large walk-in shower and bath in an enclosed wet area, etc.
Setting was beautiful and although weather was not fantastic - still monsoon season - we spent most of our time relaxing by the beach, eating and just chilling out. Snorkeling, diving and other activities were on offer if we had wanted them.
Given there were only around 60 guests there during our stay I can't comment on how it would be during peak season when around 400 stay there. However, for an off-season chill-out I can thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ian_n_Meg
TaarasBeachSpaResort, Management at The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you writing to us about your stay at The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort.
Situated on an island off the East Coast of tropical Malaysia, our resort provides barefoot luxury experience. We endeavour to offer our guests with the best of amenities and recreational facilities. Our patrons have always appreciated us for a perfect dining experience and the efforts of our associates. Your kind words motivate us to strengthen our resolve in serving our patrons. We are glad that you and your wife had a memorable experience with us.
Thank you for your custom. We look forward to welcoming you again at The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 24 November 2013

we stayed there in November 2013 for 4 nights. This location is really paradise. We like too much. Everything was excellent: sea view, beach, food and service. Beach was very nice and clean. Service was excellent.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank 24Marketka
TaarasBeachSpaResort, Management at The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for choosing to stay with us recently and sharing your experience on this public platform. Surrounded by turquoise waters, The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort is an ideal getaway for discerning travelers and we are glad to know that you enjoyed your time with us. We could not be happier to note that you were impressed with our location and service offerings. Your appreciation has definitely boosted the morale of our team.

Thank you for your custom and look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My Husband had surprised me for our anniversary (June 28-30) by booking a holiday at Taaras Spa & resort . It was one of our most relaxing holiday and thoroughly enjoyed the stay , few things that made it memorable was :
a. We are strict vegetarians , our food was customised for lunch and dinner - with an in-house Indian chef delighting us with amazing Indian vegetarian food.
b. The candlelight dinner was superb by the beach - something one must indulge in .
c. The rooms are spacious and the balcony view of the beach and the tropical tree -was picture postcard perfect.
d. The private beach is good - with a bar - just relaxed with a mocktail and soaked the sun.
e. The most important thing - was the staff- very approachable and did whatever they could to fulfil our request (on my husband's request they even made a eggless cake ) . In particular Ms. Karen (she is the manager if am correct) ,is very friendly and quiet attentive to the guest needs & request.
f. There is nice recreational room with pool tables and a good library.

Go there - to unwind , enjoy the beach and the beautiful sunsets. The resort is in the background assisting you to do just that.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have better view of the beach .
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank PreetiBora30
TaarasBeachSpaResort, Management at The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Guest,

We are glad to receive your review following your stay at The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort. We are a luxury resort in Malaysia located on the Isle of Redang on the East Coast of tropical Malaysia. At our resort, the team focuses on offering the best experience to the discerning guests with par excellent services. We are delighted to receive your kind words of appreciation regarding the varied aspects of our resort including the rooms, dining at private beach, recreational facilities and personalized services. Your words of praise have been conveyed to our associates who look forward to hosting your stay again.

Thank you for sharing your review.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

The island is beautiful and the hotel grounds fantastic. We were upgraded to a see view suite which was very nice and extremely clean.
We liked the fact that a dedicated concierge did the check in for us and looked after us during our stay.
On arrival they gave us vouchers for a full board stay although I had booked half board. We accepted the new terms but were disappointed in the end.
The negative point of the hotel was the restaurant. And we were stuck with it because of the bull board arrangement. It was like it didn't belong to the hotel. The selection of the buffet service was weird and not always fresh. We could see old sliced tomatoes in the salad section, old sliced fruit and in general the food in the hot plates was cold.
Breakfast selection was good.
Even the staff was not as nice as in the rest of the resort. Everyone was so nice everywhere else! At the restaurant we had to look for the staff who sometimes we couldn't even see around. And the place was not clean. We ask for baby chairs for all meals and every single time it came filthy. Not dirty: filthy. Even at breakfast, the high chairs were dirty with rest of food from the night before. One morning we had breakfast outside on the terrace. The tables were very dirty with rest of foods and we could see the waiters laying the tables for lunch later on and not even wiping them! Unacceptable for a 5 star hotel.
All the rest of the facilities were great so it felt a real shame that the restaurant was not up to the same standard. It felt like it was completely separate from the rest of the resort.
Our rooms were great with fantastic views, excellent bed linen and amenities and nice decor. The buggy service from and to the rooms was fast and the drivers extremely friendly. I feel I could rate this hotel better but, because of the restaurant where you will end up eating all your meals if you are on a full board basis, I don't think I can. I hope they improve it because we would like to come back.
During our stay we needed a doctor. There is a clinic within the resort and we had a house call without delay. He had antibiotics and some other medicines. The service was very good.
The beach is fantastic and very clean, the sand amazing and the water fantastic. You can see lots of tropical fish and feed them with the water level only knee high.

Room Tip: Never mind the distance to the sea view rooms. They are worth the few seconds wait for the buggies...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank La C
TaarasBeachSpaResort, Management at The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your valuable feedback. Situated amidst the serene location, The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort strives to organize relaxing stays for guests where they can enjoy. It boasts of an array of options for accommodation, dining and recreation. Though, we strive to offer the best to our patrons, we are disappointed to know that your dining experience was less than perfect.

We have noted your concern regarding services and would take corrective measures to avoid such instances in the future. However, we are glad to know that you were impressed with other aspects of our resort and the services offered within our premises.

We thank you for the custom and would be glad to serve you with our renewed services during your next stay at our resort in Malaysia.

Best Regards
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed in Sept 13 for a short weekend getaway. The room we booked (cliff sea view) had gorgeous views of the beach and sea, especially from the Jacuzzi tub and the balcony. Although the rooms were further from the main area, the buggy was just a phone call away if one wasn’t up to walk down a short flight of stairs to the beach. The beach had powdery soft white sand and wasn’t too crowded as it was during the off season and I believe was close to the start of the monsoon. Though it rained a little during our stay, it mostly rained during the evenings and we had plenty of sunshine during the day. The only drawback was that the food did not really taste like authentic Malaysian cuisine. Having gotten the full board package with buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner was a bit much for us bare the rather bland food which was most likely tailored to suit the western taste buds. It would have been the perfect weekend getaway if the food had been better. We would most definitely be back but probably just go for a bed and breakfast option instead next time.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank AzzalinaZ
TaarasBeachSpaResort, Management at The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Guest,

It is our pleasure to receive your testimony detailing our services and facilities that made your stay at our resort pleasant. Our pristine location at Redang Island in Malaysia makes for an ideal holiday destination. The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort offers innumerable options to relax and unwind to travelers from around the world.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay; however we could not meet your desired expectations in the dining area. Guest feedback helps us to constantly strengthen our offerings and services, we are sure that your perspective about the quality of dining will help the team in the kitchen.

We thank you again for your custom and look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Best Regards
#2 of 10 in Pulau Perhentian Besar
Perhentian Island Resort
Perhentian Island Resort
#3 of 10 in Pulau Perhentian Besar

Been to The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!