I went there in April with very high expectations from the hotel, as I was told it was the best in Redang. Unfortunately I have to say that I was deeply disappointed after being there for 3 days. First of all. We arrived past 2:30 and our room was not ready. There were people still in the room we were supposed to stay at. We were given our room late in the afternoon, and we realized at night the A/C Unit was not working. We called the reception, and they said they did not have anybody to come to fix the A/C unit until the next day. So we had to stay in our room without A/C all night!The food quality was very poor and highly overprice for what it was. Two out of the 3 days we were there, they ran out of French fries, and Spaghetti pasta. The breakfast buffet was not up to a 5 start hotel standards. The food looked old, the staff did not speak english to order breakfast, the tea tasted like watery coffee. To summarize it, we ended up eating pizza and pasta most of our time there, as everything else did not taste good and the service at the restaurant was extremely slow.
We schedule a snorkeling trip and 20 minutes before departure they changed the destination for the trip and try to sent us on a different time. Finally, after arguing they gave us a longer trip, and did not charge us, which was nice at the return we had to wait for over 30 minutes for someone from the hotel to come and pick us up. Everything had an additional cost, the pool tables, the soccer table games, to rent a book, etc. Since the hotel is in a remote spot, you really have no alternative, but to eat and do everything there. A trip to the long beach cost 250rm one way, so know you are going to be there the whole time. They have some equipment for water sports that you can rent, they are bit pricey, but it gives you something else to do.
The positive side of the hotel is the location, the beach is gorgeous, and they keep it clean, there is a small spot for snorkeling in the hotel which was nice. They gym has a beautiful view of the sea, and the rooms are ok, not amazing, but they are ok.Redang has beautiful spots for diving and snorkeling, so it is definitely worth the trip.
So I would recommend visting Redang, but it may be a good idea to check to see for other hotel options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ‘The Taaras’ is a bespoke Private Beach Residence, tucked away and hidden from the outside world on a small Island found just off the unspoilt East Coast of tropical Malaysia. Considered to be one of the most beautiful Island locations in the South China Sea, the Isle of Redang is home to our natural, yet stylish resort found on one of the most spectacular bays surrounded by one of the bluest oceans on earth. The resorts ethos is to provide a contemporary, barefoot luxury experience with warm Asian hospitality, remembered with a smile long into the future. The name of the property is derived from the Sanskrit word ‘TAARA’, meaning ‘Star or Apple of my eye’ as well as ‘Goddess of the Sea’ which are all represented and epitomised by our mermaid figurehead. The resort is managed by The Taaras Luxury Group, and was formerly known as Berjaya Redang Resort managed by Berjaya Hotels and Resorts. With the stylish suites and rooms, as well as a stunning five bedroom Private Villa perched high up on the cliff overlooking the ocean and resort below. The resort boasts commissioned furniture and bespoke photography of Redang Island and the landscapes of Malaysia. Each suite or room contains oversized beds and hand-picked linens and fabrics for your comfort. Most rooms and all suites have larger washrooms containing both bath tub and separate rain or monsoon shower (some with spa bathtubs looking out over the rainforest or the bay). Most residences have an outdoor balcony or verandah and our suites at the top of the cliff summit have spectacular views over the beach and ocean below. For clients who prefer or require further privacy ‘The Cliff Private Villa Bay & Sea View’, our private five bedroom residence perched high up on the cliff more than meets the requirements; private access, a Villa Host at your ‘beck and call’ as well as twenty four hour security; should it be a necessary requirement. The residence also enjoys a sixteen meter Infinity swimming pool, personal fitness room and both interior and exterior lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Redang Resort - Malaysia Hotel Pulau Redang
- Berjaya Redang Beach Hotel
- Berjaya Redang Beach Resort
- Hotel Berjaya Redang Beach