About our trip to Redang...The beach was great, water was warm and
weather was simply beautiful. We had a great trip at Redang.
However, the hotel, Redang Holiday Beach Villa was very disappointing. We
could not believe our eyes when we saw the standard room for the first time.
The room was very small, the wall was stained, and the toilet
was wet and toilet paper was soaked. I had to hose down the whole
toilet to get rid of the stench coming out from the bowl. The bath
mat was a dirty moth eaten rag.The water faucet was broken and had
to be turned in a certain way in order for the water to come out.
The light switch was dangling of the wall by a few bare, dangerous
wires. The bed consisted of a couple sweaty pillows with one thin
piece of blanket that we strongly believe hasn't been washed in a long time.
Sometimes we wonder if they even change the bed sheet before a new
However disgusting the hotel bathroom may have been, it seemed like
paradise compared to the hotel public toilet, which was unfortunately
located next to the cafeteria. The doors were wide open, revealing
the unsightly scene every time we walked pass the toilets to go for our meals.
To make matters worse, we were forced to remove our shoes before
entering the so-called buffet restaurant. We reluctantly agreed,
although we later on found bits of dry food plastered to the
soles of our feet from walking around barefoot on the dirty
Now for the food. Each meal had a choice of five fly-blown dishes.
But the food wasn't too bad for children (not so much for adult).
It was actually quite kid-friendly. We especially enjoyed the roti
canai (Indian bread) they served for breakfast. Once you get over the fact that there
are dozens of flies swarming around your food, the meal was actually okay.
We ended up spending a lot of time on the beach and went on several
snorkeling trips provided by the hotel, which were very enjoyable.
The snorkeling trips were well organized and prompt. The best thing about
the hotel was how little time we spent in it. We were all tired out
by the end of the day that we slept through the whole night.
We realized that it was the only hotel that had rooms at that time and
we did not have much choice. Overall, the trip was fun but compromised
by the condition of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Redang Holiday Beach Villa is the perfect place to relax and unwind. Spectacularly located at the edge of a beautiful lagoon, Redang Holiday Beach Villa is the most picturesque and charming of the resorts on Redang Island. Built of beautiful local hardwoods, the traditional rustic Malay style architecture of the resort is almost camouflaged into the island's lush green interior. Each of the air-conditioned rooms has its own private balcony and en suite bathroom. Just a stone's throw from the resort beyond the beautiful powdery white sand, you can enjoy snorkelling or scuba diving in the crystal clear warm waters teeming with rainbow coloured fish and spectacular coral. In the evenings you can sit out on the verandah over the water and enjoy a quiet, cool refreshing drink as you watch the evening sunset hues of amber melt into the darkening tropical sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Redang Holiday Beach Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Redang Holiday Beach Villa Hotel Pulau Redang
- Redang Holiday Beach Hotel