“Comfortable stay”

Redang Holiday Beach Villa
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Pulau Redang
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I got a room facing forest, so nothing to complaint about since the visit were mainly for snorkelling activities.

But there are rooms facing sea and it is really nice. Should look for this room if you happen to choose this resort.

My room was comfortable, 2 queen bed, a toilet and no television. Spend my day snorkelling and resting with my friends.

I recommend this resort if you come with friends, but if you want the sea view, ask for the chalet.

They provide snorkeling trip and you can rent the equipment. I enjoyed my stay here.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AzraiiZulkiple

Reviewed 12 May 2014

One thing good about this hotel is the view of the Redang Island. Stayed in deluxe seaview room and the view is great. There is nothing worth to mention about the room. As previous reviews already stated the cleanliness and the comfort of the room.

Outdoor activities are good, food are basic but breakfast is somehow I like the most among the meals.If you miss the meals, you will have to walk around 10 minutes to the nearest restaurant. This resort does not sell any food or snacks. So be prepared to bring some bread or cup noodles along.

There is a better resort next to it with better room and basic beach scenery.

Room Tip: Deluxe Seaview Room has a good view Redang Island
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank PaulCkp
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Firstly, I would like to say that Redang Island is beautiful-the snorkeling is AMAZING :) However, Redang Holiday Beach Villa was a HUGE disappointment. When we arrived on the island, we were the only people not to have our accommodation pick up waiting for us. We telephoned the hotel a number of times, as the hotel is located at the other end of the beach, but no sign of anyone to collect us!After an hour-we carried all of our luggage along the beach, in the heat, to the hotel. Once we arrived, there was no apology and we were escorted to a pretty shoddy room, which had numerous leaks from the a/c, the toilet, the shower-there is no point in expressing this to the staff, as nothing will be done. The buffet food is dreadful-covered in flies and poor selection. Book else where!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Yazu2014
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Where to start on this... The rooms themselves were rather basic, but to be honest, I have stayed in far more worse hotels in the UK. The way I see it: a room is a place to dump my bag and a bed to sleep on.
1) There's no housekeeping. When I asked about housekeeping, I was told that there is a broom outside my room. To be honest, the guy was telling the truth, and it’s not hard to brush the floor.
2) No TV. This is a minor, there's so much to do on Redang, you will not have time for TV. Besides at night, I had more fun sitting on the deck playing cards with my friends.
3) No wireless internet... Sadly, 3G worked, so the wife still managed to play on her phone!
4) The shower is very basic.
5) If you need toilet roll, you need to go down to reception and request it.
6) The food was rather tasteless (this is where they have lost a star). Although, you did get plenty of food (4 meals a day) and it is more enough to keep you going through the day without feeling hungry.

One thing that I loved about the hotel was the view. Every morning when I woke up, I had a very beautiful view from the cliff top looking over the sea. Seeing the sunrise early in the morning and sunset during the evening, are images that I will never forget. It was perfect! If I didn't want to go out and snorkel, I could just laze on the deck and just enjoy the view of a clear blue sea and white sand.

Snorkelling trips were fun! The staff were helpful and playful. They took great care of two Italian children that went out snorkelling with us. Some of the places they took us to were beautiful.

One of the employees (John) he was fantastic! He took a few of us out on a little swim to find turtles and sharks. Sadly, we did not see any sharks, however though, I finally did get to see a turtle. Although, when I went out on my own the next day, swam around the same rock and was luckily enough to see a shark (roughly in the same place I saw a turtle the day before). Thanks John, that made my trip!

This is the third time that I have been to Redang Island, if I ever go again, I will be looking to stay at this hotel again. It is just a place to sleep and dump my bag. The real fun is away from the room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank brmate
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The staffs in the hotel is friendly and the daily 4 meals served good and sufficient food for the guest. The is the room very basic with air condition, fan, towel, hot shower and 2 pieces of bath soap, do not expect to much from the hotel.
As for my first day snorkeling, the staff on the boat is not helpful, On the boat we have young, old and babies. The staffs do not help the people get out or in the boat, when I approach to help they ignored.
As 2nd day snorkeling staff accompanied very friendly and helpful.
We enjoy very much of the white sandy beach with clear crystal water and the coral. I will revisit Redang again on my next holiday with other hotel options.

Room Tip: Do survey before you choose the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank quekkaiheng
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Firstly, I always try to look at the positives in life and I had a great stay on Redang Island. I'm not into beach holidays but I thoroughly enjoyed my time on Redang. However, the accommodation and food was the worst I've stayed in and I've been to Africa, twice. This was confirmed when my girlfriend and I decided to walk down the beach and see what was happening in some of the other hotels. Hotels like Sari and Laguna were light years ahead of Redang Holiday. But, like I said, I look at the positives in life. The part of the beach where RH was based was the quieter end, at times you could be on the beach and you'd struggle to count 10 other guests. It is also the cleaner end of the beach. Near Laguna is rammed with tourists and constant arrivals and departures of boats coming to the island. On a major positive the staff at RH were great, very helpful and welcoming, especially the boss, who is very friendly and looks like a Malaysian Jack Sparrow. Their twice daily trips snorkeling were great and the highlight of my holiday.

Personally, I think the poor condition of the accommodation actually made the holiday better, it meant that we tried to spend as little time in our room as possible, meaning we spent our time on the beach, snorkeling and generally having a great time enjoyed the fantastic surroundings. Should you decided to visit Redang Island and you are very particular about the quality of the accommodation you stay in, I'd advise you to consider staying at Sari (next hotel along from RH) as the accommodation appeared to be much better.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Luke N
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The hotel staffs was very friendly and helpful to me and my friends. especially the restaurant staffs. Plus, the location of this resort is very lovely. I strongly recommend guest to stay in Seaview deluxe room. this is my 2nd trip to this Island. I love this hotel a lot. I definitely will visit this resort soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
#4 of 12 in Pulau Redang
Redang Derimba
Redang Derimba
#5 of 31 in Kuala Terengganu

Been to Redang Holiday Beach Villa? Share your experiences!