Almost all resorts on Redang island offer holiday packages and Redang Holiday had the best package that we could get for 4D/3N for 5 pax. We got picked up from the bus terminal and got dropped off at Chinatown in the early hours of the morning before the driver brought us to the ferry terminal. Upon arrival at the resort, we were given 2 quad rooms (instead of 1 double room and 1 triple room) in the new wing of the resort so we had more space. The mattresses were relatively new and very comfortable, the room had all the basics and was clean so I was more than satisfied. The toilet and one tap had brown water, but the shower and the sink tap had clear water. We think that they have 2 separate systems: filtered water for shower/brushing teeth, unfiltered for flushing, which is fair enough as to save wastage.
Meals were provided buffet style. On our first day there were a few hundred people lining up for every meal but luckily we had more peace and quiet on the remaining days. Food quality was alright, as well as the amount that you could get. They also provided drinks all day long so we didn't have to worry about buying bottles of water to rehydrate ourselves after a long day on the beach or in the sea.
Location of the resort was fabulous, at the very end of a long stretch of resorts and the beach had soft sand and crystal clear water. Totally awesome. We also went snorkeling in the same area, which had many corals and fishes so close to the resort.
The staff was very friendly, on the island as well as on the mainland. They provided assistance where required and were making sure that their customers are happy. On our last day, we made arrangements with the resort office people to pick us up from Kuala Terengganu town and drive us to the airport as our flight was only in the evening. Again they were very helpful.
As for Redang island, we had a nice holiday at a nice resort. The island definitely has all that a tropical island has to offer. But avoid public holidays unless you don't mind snorkeling with ten people per square meter or fighting for your food. I prefer Perhentian island though as it's still less commercialised and thus offers a more authentic feeling of island life.
What do I like best:
- clear water, millions of fishes just outside the resort, long stretch of beach
- good mattresses and clean pillows
- awesome view of the island from the top of the hill
What do I like least:
- too many people for every meal (it was a public holiday weekend)
- having to pay for your snorkeling gear (it should be included in the package)
- Chinese music or techno during dinner time (it ruins the ambiance totally)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Redang Holiday Beach Villa is the perfect place to relax and unwind. Spectacularly located at the edge of a beautiful lagoon, Redang Holiday Beach Villa is the most picturesque and charming of the resorts on Redang Island. Built of beautiful local hardwoods, the traditional rustic Malay style architecture of the resort is almost camouflaged into the island's lush green interior. Each of the air-conditioned rooms has its own private balcony and en suite bathroom. Just a stone's throw from the resort beyond the beautiful powdery white sand, you can enjoy snorkelling or scuba diving in the crystal clear warm waters teeming with rainbow coloured fish and spectacular coral. In the evenings you can sit out on the verandah over the water and enjoy a quiet, cool refreshing drink as you watch the evening sunset hues of amber melt into the darkening tropical sea. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Redang Holiday Beach Villa Hotel Pulau Redang
- Redang Holiday Beach Hotel