Tarisa Resort & Spa
Hotel Des 2 Mondes(Mont Choisy)(Great Value!)
US$70
Mon Choisy Beach R.(Mont Choisy)
US$76
US$71
US$95
Orbitz.com
Villas Mont Choisy(Mont Choisy)
US$102
US$59
Priceline
Mystik Life Style(Mont Choisy)
US$98
US$96
Hotwire.com
Sun & Earth Villa(Mont Choisy)(Great Value!)
US$43
Orbitz.com
Mont Choisy Beach Villas(Mont Choisy)(Great Value!)
US$96
HotelQuickly
Belle Haven(Mont Choisy)
TripAdvisor
Residence Capri(Mont Choisy)
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsmont choisy beachindian restaurantindigo restaurantswimming poolglass bottom boatbeach activitiesgrand baymini golfour honeymoonprivate beachgeneral managernice stayhotel guestsenjoyed my staysea facingvegetarian foodtour operator
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Hello Reader,

Simply Awesome!!
My wife and I had stayed in Tarisa for long as 10 days and it was a perfect custom made holiday. we didn't book the hotel by any tour company and chose to do all the bookings ourselfs. Going to different country we were a litlle woried about what kind of service we would get and on reaching tarisa all worries were vansihed. The staff in tarisa is so helping and kind and we reieved a very special treatment from hotel manager and the tandoor restaurant manager. The food in tandoor is marvellous,. we requested for a sea view room and it was granted. the rooms are very clean and special credits to the housekeeping staff for maintaining it on a daily basis. The hotel provides beach towels, plug in converters and safes (in every room ). One can keep passports cash and other belongings too. The beach is on a walking distance and it is almost like their private beach. liquor and other beverages including water are way expensive in the resort so its better that one buys it from the super market. One VERY IMPORTANT THING WAS THAT THE RESORT HAD LOT MANY LIZARDS, better beware of them.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chinmay2014
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My Husband and I stayed for a week in July 2014 at this resort.
Immaculate interior and exterior condition , extremely friendly staff, delicious meals and close to all
places of interest in Mauritius.

I will definitely consider booking at this place again.

GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY.

Room Tip: Pol and beach facing rooms a must Balcony rooms for better view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sandikazn
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Hi,

My wife and I, zeroed on Tarisa Resort after some analysis, and we were not disappointed. Resort is located very near to Mont Choisy beach, just 3 mins walk away. It is like a private beach of the resort, may be because of road blockage.

Our stay was for a week in June end. Being winter in Mauritius, weather was awesome, cold breeze in the afternoon and a bit chilly in the night.

Pros:
------
We were greeted with a welcome drink and filled a basic document before check-in. Resort provides following items complimentary:-
a) 1 water bottle (1lts).
b) Tea/Coffee facility in the room and refill once a day.
c) Only soap/shampoo is provided, so do remember to bring your dental kit(brush/toothpaste).
d) Wall-mounted Hair dryer in bathroom.
e) Safe for keeping valuables.
f) They have DJ night in the Entertainment Room. Sega Dance(not to be missed!!) show once a week, probably every Friday.
g) Free Wifi at reception area. You may get coverage in some rooms as well.
h) Separate Beach Towels available on presenting the card which they provide when you checkin.

Food:
--------
Both of us being pure vegetarians, food was one of the major concerns. We booked Tarisa for its famous Tandoor Restaurant, which provides vegetarian Indian food. We arrived on Tuesday, and had to dine in Indigo restaurant as Tandoor is closed on Tuesdays. Luckily they had some vegetarian food for us. Rest all the days we went to Tandoor, which had salad,pickle,2 gravies,naan(bread), rice, dal and a dessert.
Water is complimentary provided during breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is in Indigo Restaurant, which is basically American Buffet, with One Indian dish.

Other Amenities:
------------------
You can easily get list of all amenities on their website, here are a few I used:
a) Free Water Sports like snorkeling, pedal boat and kayak(must do). For glass bottom boat you need to book prior at reception.
b) Water was quite cold in the Swimming pool. Surprisingly, Jacuzzi also did not have warm water.
c) Though they mention loads of outdoor sports like lawn tennis, mini golf, table tennis etc, nothing was in good condition. Lawn tennis ball was broken, TT table was bent.
d) We enjoyed playing Bocce Ball.
e) Resort has SPA treatments as well (a bit pricey though). We took an hour long Sport Massage, which was very relaxing.

Notes:
-------
a) There is no room service. So buy what ever you need beforehand and stock in your room.
b) Resort does not have a Ocean View. Beach is not directly visible from the rooms, as view is obstructed by thick vegetation.
c) Bus stop is just 5 mins walk which can take you to Grand Baie or Port Louis.
d) Indian tourists were majorly flocking in the resort.There were some European tourists as well.
e) We had very minimal interaction with the resort staff and so can't comment on any discrimination towards Indians.

Cons:
-------
a) Buffet is very monotonous, and almost same kind of food everyday. Both Breakfast and Dinner menu should be revised.
b) In case there is not much rush, checkout may be allowed late. My pickup was at 5pm in the evening and I had to checkout at 8am itself, as I was going to go to Casela National Park and return only around 3pm. Resort allows late checkout only till 12 noon.
c) Why is there a dress code for Tandoor Restaurant? Every one is on vacation and you dont allow bermunda,shorts,slippers?
d) Sports activities should be maintained properly and atlease in usable condition.
e) In the interest of International tourists, installing Hand bidet in the washrooms is advisable.
f) Air conditioner was leaking water, and towels were spread as a measure to rectify the problem.

Over all I would recommend this 3 Star Resort for people on budget.

Room Tip: Ocean is not directly visible from any of the room. Rooms on 2nd floor still have great view. Rooms on ground floor has direct access to swimming pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jkjain
Reviewed 12 July 2014

On a recent trip with my mom to Mauritius, I was booked into Tarisa for a week. I was assured of a "deluxe" room, with food included. I requested an ocean front room and was told, one would likely be given to me.
Upon my arrival, I found the staff unwilling to give me an ocean front room and a private balcony. It appeared to me that they preferred to keep those for their more "special" guests. I insisted and was given a room that had an ocean view. There was no bathtub in the room, on one day, the air conditioner didn't work, and on another, we had no hot water. I worked around this, and have no complaints.
The spa at the hotel was excellent, if a bit pricey.
The food in the included buffet was great for breakfast, and not very great for dinner. The staff seem unenthusiastic, and are unhelpful when it comes to guiding their guests on activities in Mauritius.
But the biggest gripe I have about Tarisa is the way they treat guests from India, as opposed to those coming in from the European countries and elsewhere.
The resort is by the beautiful Mont Choisy public beach and it was peaceful to sit by the ocean in the hotel-provided chairs. It is truly a scenic location. However getting anywhere from here is difficult (or I found it difficult as I didn't receive any information from the hotel), unless you hire a car for the day.
Overall, while my experience was not bad, it wasn't that great. I'd pick another hotel the next time I go to Mauritius.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sonali K
Reviewed 11 July 2014

we went for our Honeymoon and our bad luck we chose Tarisa, we had booked 8 nights traveled in June 2014

Room- Starting with the reception as we check in my confirmation voucher stated sea view and bathtub room but hotel seemed to be full so i got a room without a bath tub i keep on requesting for change in room but dint get it till i was checking out later i realized hotel was never completely full they just kept ignoring my request as Honeymoon being a very special trip of your life you expect something from the hotel

Food- Every day food is served in Tandoor restaurant and sorry to say food is pathetic no taste keeps repeating the menu they will hardly refill the empty trays and if you request them to refill it they will look at you in such a way as if they are doing a favor on you.every day menu is basic dal, roti/naan/ 1 vegetable/ 1 non veg gravy/ salad That is it !!!! there was never a day where they tried to make a meal special for the guests. so one day we chose to eat in the other restaurant but i was shocked with the behavior of the kitchen Sheff he was making Hakka noodles the person in front of me asked to add vegetable to his noodles he did that for them but when i asked him to add he straight said NO to me i repeated it please add vegetables to my noodles he denied it again, may be he served vegetable with noodles to the person in front of me cause he was White. i complained this to the restaurant manager he said he will look into this but he dint do anything he comes with the explanation kitchen Sheff is doing his job and u will get noodles without the vegetable we did not have our dinner that night.. hotel does not have basic things in their kitchen like ketchup kept on asking all days for breakfast dint get it they will tell you to have chatni as they dint have ketchup.......in short pathetic food and very bad behaved staff

location- the hotel is so beautiful you have a beach right in front but whats the use if the staff is so rude what matters is people make you feel at home when you are in a different country

Bar- they have a very beautiful outdoor bar and the staff at the bar is also very nice specially Mr Ravi

Checkout- my agent while making the booking told me that request for late checkout is already given to the Hotel as my flight was in the night but Mr Sudhir and Mr Rakesh literary forced us to get out of the room after 12 pm we kept on requesting them for at least give 2 hours they denied directly send the bell boy to pick up our luggage out of the room or if we wanted to stay for few more hours in the room we have to pay Rs 1000 extra then what is the use of staying for 8 nights in that hotel where they cant give you 2 hours extra we lost our patience and we decided to complain to the general manager of the hotel Mr DEB sorry but we came to know why the hotel staff is so rude to the guest if the GM itself is so Rude to the guests the same is followed by the junior staff it was a day off for the GM i spoke to him over the phone he said he cant do anything about it and i he cannot talk to me as i was complaining and banged the phone of my face

we left the hotel with a very bad note and a very bad experience vacation specially when it is your honeymoon

We make sure that our booking agency knows about our experience and they never send any guest to tarisa as we do not what people to waste their money.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple