“My impression of Augerge Auyouze”
Review of Auberge Ayouze

Auberge Ayouze
Ranked #6 of 31 Ait Ben Haddou B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This was my first time in Morocco. I travelled with my friends from Germany, who know Morocco very well. We went by car around the country and stayed in different places.
It speaks for itself that we returned to Auberge Ayouze after one of us stayed here last year.
The hotel is situated on the edge of Asfalou and it's wonderfully quite there. It is a good getaway from hectic city life and it allows experiencing real Morocco. At the same time it is close to all tourist attractions.
The hotel is very cozy and homelike. We felt there very welcomed and it was very nice that the chef cook Driss remembered eating preferences of my friend since her last stay. We were really fond of the very tasty food prepared by Driss and enjoyed very friendly atmosphere created by the hotel owners, Driss and Ibrahim.
And there are many very interesting places to visit in this area - starting from cultural and architectural like Glaoui kasbah in Telouet and ending up with picturesque sceneries in the Atlas mountains.
I would be happy to return to Auberge Ayouze and would gladly advise this hotel to others.

Irina, St. Petersburg

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

A friend and I stayed in a twin room (one double and one single bed) here on Sunday 10 November and in a triple room (one double and two single beds) on Friday 15 November.

The twin room had great views over the valley and the balcony area was a decent sun trap in the morning. My bed was comfortable but my friend's was a bit on the firm side. The en suite bathroom was fine.

The triple room was more basic and badly lit (although the shower was better once the hot water had flowed through), with an erratic flush on the toilet that sometimes took hours.

Breakfast was the usual tea/coffee with bread and jams/honey, along with some very nice freshly-made pancakes, which we had on the terrace upstairs. Dinner on both nights was soup (different kinds)-main course (tagine/cous cous)-fruit salad and it was of decent quality on both nights. We had some Moroccan red wine with dinner (which is extra).

For me it was the friendly service and hospitality that made the hostel stand out: the staff were interested in where we had been and where we were going and suggested things that were worth seeing.

At 200dh per person per night for half board, I think you would struggle to find anywhere better than this in the area, especially as it is slightly out of the tourist trap that is Ait Benhaddou.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This was the best place we stayed during our whole trip. The accomodation is good, but our host was great! He is really amical and friendly and told us joles which I still tell my friends.

During negotiations over the price Idriss offered us to have the rammadan dinner with him and his friends.
I would recommend everybody to go to this guest house. If you're by car, take the road out of assfalou which starts out north and than circles to the west. It is an awesome drive with some of the best scenery and it will take you by an old castle which is really nice and after that on to the main road towards marakech.

Give my kind regards to Idriss and ask him about the trick with the two scarfs and how you put an camel in the fridge in three actions.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Our stay in Auberge Ayouze was really great thanks to Idriss and Ibrahim, they are really great "chefs" and fun and easy going hosts. The Auberge has good terraces and a GREAT view over Asfalou. Very beautiful, calm and relaxing region. とっても素敵な宿です。是非おすすめです!Fumie & Johann

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Go there! That will tell you everything.
Amazing surroundings, outside of ait ben haddou. (nice to visit but go sleep in
Auberge Ayouze.)
The best moroccan food I had so far (and that's far). Made by Idriss.
The contact between the visitors was great. Thanks to
the staff. They made this possible.
Wish you all the best.

Vincent van Steenis, Amsterdam Holland

Room Tip: They have a nice room with a great balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Our host Iris was a very easy going guy that looked after us very well. After busy days in Marrakech and travelling to Ayouze, we got the rest we needed during the two nights we stayed at Ayouze.

Ayouze is a beautifull house with terraces on two different levels with a fantastic view over the valley. The food served was delicious, easily some of the best meals we had during a two week stay in Morocco.

The room was very basic and not very atmospheric. We couldn't get hot water from the shower. The two-person bed was very hard. So hard that we decided to sleep the second night in the one-person bed that was just a little softer.

On the up side: our room also had a private terrace (really private, with high walls on three sides and the magnificent view on the fourth. Not all the rooms have this.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Hi there,

I stayed here two weeks with my children, aged 5 and 9 and we all had a great time. The decor is simple and rustic in style and a paradise for children who were running around the place all the time. The welcome from Zoe and her husband Abdelleraqman was really warn, and my children played happily with their lovely son Naime, who is 6 years old. It was really a great place for us all to chill out. Driss cooked lovely food and ibrahim in the kitchen could not have been nicer with the children, tolerating all kinds of play, while also teaching my 5 year old how to peel potatoes. Driss was fabulous with the children, giving endless piggy back rides and what not. He could quickly whip up delicious kiddy food for fussy children when the need arose. I would recommend this address in particular to mothers travelling alone with young children, the place, the staff and the environment are very friendly and secure. It feels like everybody is looking out for your kids. My children often played in Naime's house. I would also point out the the very shallow river in front of the auberge is the best place ever for kids to muck around, lots of mud flights, enought water to play in but not too much to need armbands (at least for my 5 year old who can't swim), and much nicer than the swimming pools in neightboring facilities as the water temperature in those pools was really way way too low.
We also stayed in some really fancy places in Marrackech but we really had a our best time at this address. As the style is homely and simple, you dont have to worry quite so much about your hyperactive little darlings breaking state of the art equipment, fancy interior decorating or generally trashing the joint. I heartily recomment this address for people travelling with children. The chillout factor is fantastic. Again a great choice for single moms.

Room Tip: We had room number 5 i think and it was absolutely fine.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family