Dar Zman
US$79
Casa Sabila(Chefchaouen)
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Lina Ryad & Spa(Chefchaouen)
Dar Echchaouen(Chefchaouen)
Priceline
Hotel Casa Miguel(Chefchaouen)
Dar Meziana(Chefchaouen)
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The riad is what you can expect from the typical marrocan riad. It has a very nice decor and the rooms are cosy. Our problem was the bathroom- low temperature in there. But we managed:). The place has a great view on the mountain. It is so peaceful there. Breakfast is very simple and poor.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I liked this guest house so much that every morning I woke and reserved my room an extra night, and just kept staying in Chaouen. The riad is just exquisitely beautiful, every little detail is decorated and the lighting was lush. The staff was very helpful in everything from loaning us hair dryers to offering for us to change to the nicest room for the same price, to recommending where to eat the best local food at the local price. Whether it was spanish, english or french, everyone tried to communicate as best they could with us. The breakfast was nice and they let us use the kitchen to make teas or prepare our dinners whenever we wanted. Also, as a parting gift, the receptionist gave my friend and I little ceramic tajins, and I know that if i go back to Chaouen I will definitely stay in Dar Zman again.
Honestly, this was the best hotel I've ever stayed in in that it was comfortable, beautiful, clean, quiet and in a great location.

Room Tip: the room on the top floor has a bigger bathroom and is a bit more spacious
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JosefinaDuende
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Dar Zman is exactly what an economy Moroccan riad should be -- a traditional guest house, very affordable, comfortable and above all, friendly. Well located at the Bab El Hammar entrance of the medina (across from the Hotel Madrid if you're arriving by taxi), Dar Zman's rooms are cozy and well decorated -- I has the Safia room in the main photograph, and it was on the small side but just fine. Good heater (a must for wintry Chefchaouen nights), lots of hot water, a small t.v. and great wifi reception. Breakfast upstairs was "Moroccan continental" with savory local goat cheese, Moroccan crepes and stout olive oil for bread dipping. Best of all were the friendly and helpful staff. Worth a return visit!

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are probably the quietest.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Anjouan17
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed just a night in this dar, but must say we liked it a lot. The room was small, but nicely decorated, and ok, the shower was tiny, but the atmosphere of this place was just worth the stay. The bright blue, the nice tiles and accessories are just beautiful. I hope to go back there on our next trip to Chefchaouen. Travelled in June 2012 (cannot select that option in the box, sorry).

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank japekan
Reviewed 1 September 2013

A small and cosy hotel. The location is great as it is in the medina, but in the same time it is close to a main gate of the medina and a road. The staff is very helpful and welcoming. The quality/price ratio is the best in Chefchaouen, where some hotels don't hesitate to increase prices above what they present in their websites (see my review on Dar Meziana that I strongly recommend to avoid).

Room Tip: Avoid room that have windows on the main road, a lot of noise have been reported.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends