Casa Annasr
  • Pool
Casa Perleta(Chefchaouen)
Dar Meziana(Chefchaouen)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe busthe ownerwashing machineroom was fairly basicfamily roomconvenient locationstay there againthe air conditioningsitting areaeasy accessrooms are cleanlovely placeblue cityctmsuitecasahill
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We loved this hotel was set right in the bus station CTM. and that we walked straight out into the souks. Our room on the ground floor was lovely, beautifully decorated, and we were extremely impressed with the staff who were friendly and helpful and tried hard to accommodate . Food was excellent and some of the best we had throughout our stay in Morocco.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The staff were excellent,Nice spacious room , great breakfast. and The best food quality . the views are stunning. is beautiful and the facilities excellent. We thoroughly enjoyed everything about this hotel and would certainly return at another date

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank claude m
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The location was perfect. Parking was perfect. Wifi availability and quality were excellent. The people were friendly and helpful. Amazing hotel. This is the closest hotel to the bus station CTM but is very quiet. With big rooms, this place is very popular. The staff are very friendly and go out of their way to help.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

It is right beside the bus station; like it is literally visible from the station which is so handy as there is no train station in Chefchaouen. We arrived and departed Chefchaouen by bus from the bus station and into Chefchaouen is about 10dh in a petit taxi. Our host was lovely and very helpful. We were on the top floor and although we didn't order a family room we stayed in a family room. The views from our terrace and the terraces above us were spectacular. However one difficulty we did have was explaining where we stayed to taxi drivers so it might be worthwhile asking the host to write the name and address of the hotel in Arabic for you to avoid confusion.

1  Thank Bev S
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I know staying in the medina can put you in the heart of things...including the noise and chaos. I like to visit noise and chaos and sleep in peace at night. Casa Anasr is literally right across from the bus station, at the bottom of the hill, and is very quiet and the owner is attentive, conversant in English, Spanish, Arabic, and French. He asks what you want for breakfast, is quick to offer tea, and is happy to have you enjoy the tea while lounging in the open area by the front door and chat with you. I stayed on the 5th or 6th floor (lost count) which has a gorgeous open terrace with table and seating overlooking the hills and a divine breeze that never stops. There is only one other room on this level and after checking out my terrace mates, left the door open all the time while I was there. (There is no elevator and the stairs are steep, so it is not for the totally unfit or for those in need of a an elevator). The climb to town and the medina is all uphill and winding but a great way to explore this incredible town. Taxis from the hotel to the top (the medina) are 10 durham (a little over 1 USD- I had no problem paying this and drivers were happy with my 10 durham coins). This is a place where the old description of it : a land of cool air and warm sunshine still applies. I spent 7 hours hiking in the Chaouen mountain (as a single female I hired a guide from the Chaouen rural organization (www.chaouenrural.org) BUT they are not at the office on the website (that one closed) they are at the entrance to the medina to the right of the tree as you are facing the entrance) and was happy I did this. I knew any hike would take me through fields of cannabis (and they do) but was very happy no one bothered me ( a single female traveler) and my guide really knew the way. I bought rugs from Chez Abdul in the medina and probably paid a bit too much but Abdul is from here, has a beard (lots of Abduls in Morocco), and green eyes, speaks excellent English, serves chamomile tea in lieu of mint, and has a great collection of guest books he is happy to let you read through. The Kasbah is an fascinating place and while Chefchaouen is hardly a metropolitan area, it is a wonderful place for watching people, enjoying a few still moments over a day or 2, and suddenly realizing you are watching the merging of history of past meets present and then recognizing the beauty and gift of being able to see that. Clearly modern tourists and clearly born and bred elder persons fiercely proud of their culture and their history mingle in the plaza. Don't be surprised if you start to recognize some of the locals after a few days! And be aware, while the medina is busy, life just below the medina and outside its walls is also very active with the locals, especially at night where there are lots of conversations and catching up occurring at the Plaza and the tea and coffee salons. It is, in short a magical place, and my stay at Casa Anasr was a large part of creating that magic.

Room Tip: The wifi is a bit weak the higher you go so if this is a make or break issue for you, stay closer to the ground floor. I had a bit of a problem one day with shower/water issues but was quickly shown a second floor bathroom with great water pressure and at the end of it all, it was a non issue. The place is great. Lots of luggage? Stay low. There is NO elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo