“Amazing riad!”
Review of Riad Baraka

Riad Baraka
Ranked #14 of 69 Chefchaouen B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Great location, beautiful terrace, English speaking with delicious breakfast! Comfiest beds and clean and cosy rooms! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the staff were very helpful! Definitely recommend to stay here whenever in Chefchauen!!!!

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Elunit
joechaouen, Owner at Riad Baraka, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thankyou welcome any time!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

An oasis of calm in a busy, bustling town. The English brothers are friendly, welcoming and helpful with recommendations for the rest of Morocco. Breakfast was great (look at the photos) especially on the roof terrace with spectacular views. The whole place was very clean, but there was a lasting smell of hashish throughout- the only downside.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
joechaouen, Owner at Riad Baraka, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Hi glad you enjoyed the place and thanks for the compliments ,you must have a nose like a police dog as the only place your allowed to smoke is the terrace at the top of the house happy travels .

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed here for 3 days in March, and it isn't often I give five stars to a place I stayed. And I've been to lots of places. I'm sure there are many other riads in the medina of Chefchaouen that are bigger and and offer great services.. but for the price, I think Riad Baraka can't be beat. It has that homy atmosphere that you feel immediately comfortable as you walk inside. The lounge on the first floor is very welcoming, and while the rooms aren't exactly 'spacious', they're clean and very well kept. And again for the price, it is a bargain. Shared bathroom is also very clean, and rooftop terrace has a terrific view. The staffs are very friendly and helpful as well. I had to leave around 5:30 in the morning to catch the bus to Casablanca, and as I was trying my best to leave without making any noises, a staff came out to help me leave and bid farewell. It's those little things but it's those little things that leaves you an impression. i definitely left there with feeling very good. So all in all I'd definitely recommend you stay there when you're in Chefchaouen.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
joechaouen, Owner at Riad Baraka, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2016

Thank you for recogninising the effort we put into the Baraka and we are always making slight improvements Cheers Joe

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We visited 5 places in Morocco and Chefchaouen was by far our favourite! The locals are very relaxed and although the try to coax you into their shops and restaurants they aren't any where near as pushy as other places. The city is beautiful!! You could spend 3 days simply taking photos. Joe and his family are great at Baraka! They have lots of local knowledge and can help with anything you're interested in. The location is perfect, right in the medina. The roof top is really cool and peaceful. Definitely recommended.

Stayed: April 2014

Thanks for calling the team at the Baraka a family and enjoying out little town and yes we are here to help as well! Cheers Joe

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I've been to Chaoen a few times and stayed at various hostels. Most often I stay at the fun but grungy Souika but I wanted something with more charm this time and Riad Baraka definitely has that without costing much more. The building has been beautifully restored throughout and has a delightful roof-top terrace. The owner, Anna, is a wonderful host and can help you with your stay and onward plans. Highly recommended. I'll be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank zanderman

Thanks for a great review and complimenting my mum ! Welcome anytime Cheers Joe

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We got off to a shaky start when we arrived to find that there were no rooms available even though we thought we'd made a booking with Joe by email. Anyway we went for breakfast the next morning and stayed at Riad Baraka the next night. Breakfast was lovely - fruit salad and fresh bread was a great change after weeks of Moroccan carbohydrate laden breakfasts. The room and bathroom were a little small, but very good value and freshly painted in attractive bright colours & designs with plenty of light. There was plenty of hot water but we had a little difficulty controlling the temperature - it seemed to fluctuate from hot to cold. It rained while we were there so we spent the afternoon in the DVD room on the terrace (which would have been great in the weather was good). Anne was a very friendly and helpful host and gave us directions on how to get from Chefchaouen to Tangier and then on to Spain.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SuzieLee71

I take full responsibility for the booking mix up and invited you back for Breakfast the following morning so glad that despite my mistake you had a great stay and thanks for all the compliments . Cheers Joe

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Stayed here with my wife from Feb 5 to 9, 2014. Stayed in room number 3 with bath at 280 per night without taxes.

Possibly; The cleanest if not one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in overseas. Comfortable bed. Very hot water. Excellent breakfast costs 25 Dh. The coffee could use a jolt but every cup I've had in Morocco is of the same mettle. Rooms are tight size-wise but given the fact that the building is over 300-years old it is amazing what they've done with the space. Kitschy, Daliesque vibe. Beautiful terrace space with BBQ grill, tables, chairs and indoor seating with TV and DVD library. Tremendous views of the mountains and city.

Great crowd of guests. We were stunned at the friendliness and hospitality offered by the management and the guests. Every night was a social occasion. My wife and I have never laughed so hard, so consistently as we did here. Great location away from the touristy side of town. Owner/ operator, Anne, was most helpful giving us directions to good restaurants and helping us with arrangements for transfers and banking. Laundry service. 75 Dh. Machine wash and dry. Same day service.

Good library on lobby level. Two minor issues: Lock on our door was shaky at best but as we knew everybody in the hotel as were taking dinner with them every night we let it ride with no issues whatsoever. Place is a little noisy during the day but after 10 PM management requires that everyone quiet down. If guests want to socialize after that time they are required to use the outside terrace.

Would I stay here again. Yes. Without a doubt. This is my first 5 star rating on any hotel I've reviewed. They earned it and they got. This place really raises the bar.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael R

Thank you your review means so much from experienced travellers like your selves and we pride ourselves on providing more than just a room . The rooms aren't the biggest as we concentrate on the communual areas which offer both a place to socialise and a private corner to read. We have adjusted the locks on doors and added lock boxes as we are always trying to improve ! Thanks again for all your compliments Cheers Joe