“Beautiful little riad”

Riad Baraka
Ranked #9 of 56 Chefchaouen B&B and Inns
“Beautiful little riad”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I really liked this place. It's got a fantastic rooftop terrace with tiles and painted cement floors with bright cushions and alcoves. Really lovely place to read and eat. The owner is really funny, but it's a bitterly dry sense of humor and can be off putting at first. Once you warm up to him he's an absolute doll, though he'll probably cringe at that! The beds are firm but comfy and the whole riad is super clean. Lots of good reviews for a reason!

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Tin100tin
joechaouen, Owner at Riad Baraka, responded to this review, 3 February 2016
Thanks for loving the place and yes I will confirm I have a dry, honest sense of humour and being called a Doll I shall take it as a term of enderment thanks again Joe

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
B.C.
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Just returned from my vacation in Morocco, and I must say...after the chaos and heat in the south,I was really looking forward to a more peaceful place to spend my last 10 days. Could not have picked a better place to stay in than Riad Baraka. Joe made me feel right at home from the moment I walked through his door. He was most helpful with places to dine,guides and places to hike. The rooftop terrace was such a great place to hang out after spending the day photographing the peaceful blue town. Thank you so much Joe, for such a fantastic end to my dream trip.

Room Tip: I started in room four,which was fine for me as I was alone,then moved up to the ultra funky rooftop...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
joechaouen, Owner at Riad Baraka, responded to this review, 3 February 2016
So glad you enjoyed the place and thanks for picking me out but I don't do it on my own got a great team at the Baraka ! Trying to provide more than just a room Cheers Joe
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

My Girlfriend and I spent one night at Riad Baraka, and I regret that we couldn't stay there for longer. Joe and his family are very hard-working and knowledgeable. The accommodations are clean and everything in the washroom works well. Upon checkout, Joe arranged for a taxi driver to meet us in the lobby to help us with our bags. Otherwise, it's a bit of a walk to the taxi stand. The riad is located in the Medina, and cars can't drive in the narrow streets. You will do a lot of walking here. But don't worry -- the city is relatively small and Baraka is centrally located.

Once you've tired from walking and you think you've seen it all, come back to Riad Baraka for some peace and quiet on the roof. Sitting on the rooftop terrace was the real highlight of my trip to Chefchaouen. I could have spent another month just staring at the clouds rolling over the mountains. There are a few different seating areas, so you can be more sociable with the other guests or more private as you'd prefer.

I couldn't recommend this place enough!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
joechaouen, Owner at Riad Baraka, responded to this review, 3 February 2016
Thanks for your review and so happy we made such an impression in one day ! Give us more time next time ! Cheers mate
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

The staff here are extremely helpful and have great insight of great restaurants and sights to see. The rooms are very clean and the roof terrace has an amazing view of the city. I wouldn't stay anywhere else it made our trip that little more special

Thanks, Riad Baraka

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Max R
Thanks for your great review welcome anytime! Cheers Joe
Luang Prabang, Laos
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Great location, beautiful terrace, English speaking with delicious breakfast! Comfiest beds and clean and cosy rooms! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the staff were very helpful! Definitely recommend to stay here whenever in Chefchauen!!!!

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Elunit
joechaouen, Owner at Riad Baraka, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thankyou welcome any time!
London
Reviewed 2 May 2014

An oasis of calm in a busy, bustling town. The English brothers are friendly, welcoming and helpful with recommendations for the rest of Morocco. Breakfast was great (look at the photos) especially on the roof terrace with spectacular views. The whole place was very clean, but there was a lasting smell of hashish throughout- the only downside.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
joechaouen, Owner at Riad Baraka, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Hi glad you enjoyed the place and thanks for the compliments ,you must have a nose like a police dog as the only place your allowed to smoke is the terrace at the top of the house happy travels .
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed here for 3 days in March, and it isn't often I give five stars to a place I stayed. And I've been to lots of places. I'm sure there are many other riads in the medina of Chefchaouen that are bigger and and offer great services.. but for the price, I think Riad Baraka can't be beat. It has that homy atmosphere that you feel immediately comfortable as you walk inside. The lounge on the first floor is very welcoming, and while the rooms aren't exactly 'spacious', they're clean and very well kept. And again for the price, it is a bargain. Shared bathroom is also very clean, and rooftop terrace has a terrific view. The staffs are very friendly and helpful as well. I had to leave around 5:30 in the morning to catch the bus to Casablanca, and as I was trying my best to leave without making any noises, a staff came out to help me leave and bid farewell. It's those little things but it's those little things that leaves you an impression. i definitely left there with feeling very good. So all in all I'd definitely recommend you stay there when you're in Chefchaouen.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
joechaouen, Owner at Riad Baraka, responded to this review, 3 February 2016
Thank you for recogninising the effort we put into the Baraka and we are always making slight improvements Cheers Joe