“The Best of Morocco”

Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Chefchaouen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Just one of the most beautiful places that I've visited. Winding down corners, Chefchaouen is safe for a wonder.

1  Thank GAGGARWAL
Write a ReviewReviews (1,889)
All reviews
in 10 reviews
"day trip"
in 31 reviews

Reviewed 24 July 2014

i loved the buzz around this area,, lots of interesting locals bartering , and oblivious to tourists

Reviewed 23 July 2014

One of the loveliest medinas in all of Morocco, this little blue old town will take your heart and make you stay for quite a few days in order to explore, stroll around and find all its secrets. The locals are very lovely except only if you are trying to photograph them, always ask permission to take a photo of somebody and even when shooting in general if some people happen to be in the photo they might not be happy about it. You can go to the river and join the locals washing your clothes, a really nice experience. For shopping go the market OUTSIDE the old city, just a street below where you will get the local prices and people are very honest. Definitely worth to come to the north of Morocco only for this town.

1  Thank Dia_KL
Reviewed 15 July 2014

As an amateur photographer, this city was perfect and unique, I loved the landscape scenery the endless possibilities I had for picture taking, the maze of cobbled stone streets, that never ends, the sensation that you have gone back in time when seeing the women washing clothes by the river, experiencing the pure essence of the culture.

However you need to look out for people who want to be your guides or simply carry your luggage, make sure you agree a fixed price before hand otherwise you'll be ripped off for sure. Also in restaurants make sure,you,see the prices before you ask for any food.

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Chefchaouen was paradise until we were sucked in by Abdul, a carpet seller (Chez Abdul). Unfortunately it took us a few days to understand, and by then it was too late.

Chefchaouen is a marvel. It is a beautiful, charming place that I will dream of for the rest of my life. But if you decide to step off the tourist path, be very careful because this town has a dark side. This is a town to relax in for several days. Take long hikes up the mountain, wander around, chat with everyone, look at everything, marvel and enjoy. But be careful - one hand on your wallet and the other on your heart.

After purchasing a few small carpets as gifts for my family, Abdul invited us for lunch at his house. Clever guy, this Abdul. He got to know us, our interests and our values, and used that information to slyly screw us.

When people told me to make my own reservations in advance for hotels, for drivers and tour guides, I didn't take them seriously. But now I wish I had.

6  Thank Paulaw6qci