“Awesome stay, awesome guide”
Review of Gite Talassemtane

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chefchaouen
Gite Talassemtane
Ranked #20 of 66 Chefchaouen B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is a beautiful, quiet, well kept guest house in the middle of the rif mountains. I had a great time hiking from chefchaoen with one of the house's guides. very knowledgeable staff and great food!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank dacombs

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Me and my group stayed in Gite Talassemtane in October. We felt like at home and in family - Fatima and her brother Abdel did all things for us, they organised transfer, trekking and homestay. Food was delicious and so tasty. House is very nice, comfortable and have individual berber design. It is best experience that you can have in the north of Morocco. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Muskatoreh
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We stayed at the Gite Talassemtane for a couple of days back in July 2013 and we had a fabulous time! Fatima and her sister effortlessly showed us to cook tagine, rghaif, and couscous. When my husband had a bad bout of stomach flu, they made him local remedies (garlic lightly cooked in olive oil, verbena tisane). While he rested, Fatima took me and my teenage daughter on rambles, and her teenage son lovingly and patiently entertained our six-year-old boy. Because of my husband's illness, we extended our stay by another day, and Fatima took us to visit Lalla Aisha, an artisanal potter in a village an hour or so away. Fatima's English is impeccable and she is immensely thoughtful about the immediate social context and history of the north: we learned a tremendous amount from our stay with her. And some of the food we ate at the Gite is still the best food we've had in Morocco. Really, we can't say enough good things about Fatima's family and the Gite.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Academic_with_kids
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I wanted to explore beyond the city of Chefchaouen and was thrilled to find Gite Talassemtane. Fatima was prompt to respond to my email inquiry and she herself met me at the bus station to send me to the Gite, a lovely cosy home environment right in the mountain. I went on a day trek around the surrounding Rif mountain and valley and got a wonderful experience of the place and people. Waking up in the morning to see the clouds hanging low over the valley... it was magical and nature in its true element. Great thing that there is no internet at the GITE - one gets to really connect with nature and to enjoy the environment and hospitality so much better! This is definitely for everyone who wants a different and refreshing experience in Chefchaouen.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Grace L
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We booked this summer a day-trip with Fatima, the friendy owner of gite Talassemtane.
Fatima and her driver picked us up in a jeep/landrover at our hotel in Chefchaoene. It was a very nice day-tour! For us city-people, it was an adventure to ride through the berbervillages allong the dirty road-track, with beautifull different landscapes and vieuws! Fatima buy some ingredients while we walked at a traditional berber-market. This market we will never had been found on our own, in our rental car! When we are in the guesthouse, Fatima prepared a meal of vegetable tajine and fried sardines, the meal was very delicious! Although it was not exactly what we are expecting from a workshop/cooking class, we know now how to cook a Maroccan tajine meal on our own. The gite looks very nice and clean too! Fatima; thank you for the nice day, and we wish you all the best in the future!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Spanjeganger2013
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Our stay at the Gite was absolutely wonderful. Although we only stayed there for 24 hours, Fatima made sure the experience was the perfect balance of authenticity, luxury, and adventure. I have been living in Morocco for two months and this was by far one of the most unique experiences I have had. From the delicious home-made Moroccan Tajine, to the wonderful hike summating Mount Lakkra, to Fatima's warm welcome, I give the gite 5 stars! Aside from the amazing adventures we had, the gite was also absolutely spotless and beautiful. It is easy to get to from anywhere in the Tangier, Chefchouan, Tethoun region and I would HIGHLY recommend it for anyone who likes ecotourism or wants to do something off the beaten bath.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank kpollock29
Reviewed 30 January 2013

In september 2012 I visited for the first time gîte Talassemtane. I was in Morocco as a travel guide by the Belgian travel organisation Joker. We travelled for 22 days in a group with 14 persons.
In Chefchauen we hiked for five hours in the mountains of the Rif. It is a beautiful environment and really nice to meet people ‘on the road’. The guide who joined us was friendly en expertly. After a long walk in the mountains, we arrived in the gîte. It is one of the most beautiful places we’ve seen during our stay in Morocco. The house is nice decorated (with warm colors), it’s very clean and the roof terrace shows an amazing landscape.
We enjoyed the hospitality of our hostess Fatima Habté. She is fabulous because her ideas and philosophy of ecotourism. It is nice to do the cooking workshop, the hiking in the Rif, to talk with Fatima, to visit the market place (if you are lucky) and eat the delicious food, made by the house.
I recommend the gîte with all my heart and really hope to visit Fatima again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends