“Nightmare, no signs never found the waterfall”
Review of Cascades d'Akchour

Cascades d'Akchour
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

There are no signs anywhere my husband and I should have done more research about this place. The locals kept saying we were going the right way but we got to a dead end and people were telling us to swim there. I swam another 20 to 30 minutes and climbed the rocks i was told to climb. After 2 hours we were that frustrated and the path was that dangerous we ended up cracking it and left. On the way out we saw the stupid path we were suppose to take and were cursing all the people who clearly couldn't understand us and just responded saying yes. My husband was over it and didn't want to continue so we went home. There are close too no signs at all the path we took was a joke. The whole place was a joke. On the way home there were 8 of us in an old car on the hour drive back.
It ruined my whole day in chef.
The place was beautiful I wish we just paid for a guide and found it. We hike all the time and are both very fit so we didn't think it was going to be like this.
Do yourself a favor get a guide. Wasted the whole day for nothing.

Date of experience: August 2018
"two hours"
"take your time"
"local guide"

Reviewed 12 August 2018

beautiful nature, its about 6 km tot get to the waterfall but it takes longer than you think you would do about it. it can be a bit dangerous at times (steep and slippery). you can buy food and drinks everywhere. so you don't have to carry a big backpack with you unless you want to bring your own food. `if you come early in the morning there is almost nobody there compared in the afternoon. I went in April so the waterfall was not full and Lucious, but the mountains are green and flourishing. you can take a swim if you'd like or enjoy a nice tajine and Moroccan mint tea.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank Khadija O
Reviewed 10 August 2018

My favourite spot during my 4 weeks in Marocco. Swimming in the waterfallponds was just perfect. The hike up there was easy and absolutely marvelous.

1  Thank esterkrey
Reviewed 31 July 2018

We did the Kantra de Rabbi (Gods bridge - going to the left side starting from the dam) with the small waterfalls, and walking up there was not very easy due to the rocks, crossing the water and a long curvy walk. Here you need good "water shoes" as you have to walk also in the water to cross. A pair of sport shoes can do.

This year we (me woman 46 and son of 13 year) did the big waterfall (Chella) - going to the right side starting from the dam) and that was really tough but worth while to get there. 2.5hours walk to go (with very few stops). Take a guide as a lot of people get lost and abandon their trip going up. You can discuss the price - don't worry about those young guys that offer their guidance - for me it worked out perfect- he (our 16-year old guide) stayed with us during the whole trip (half day -150DH - trustworthy). Need good comfortable hiking shoes- walking through rocky - sandy "paths" - we didn't go through the water - so don't need "amfiby sneakers". I had indoor Nike sneakers and at the end both were torn up. Once up there you need to WALK back down..so don't expect a taxi or bus for the way back.. take a good rest, tea or tajine.
Unfortunately people throw their trash every where..If you cant make it up there, take a spot next to the water and enjoy...nature is marvellous....water ice cold.
In July - cover your head coz the sun burns and that reduces your energy...
Honestly I was proud to get up there... and the view of this marvellous waterfall was rewarding.

4  Thank Lema L