“Everything was almost perfect excepy small detailsv!”
Review of Hotel Parador

Hotel Parador
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Chefchaouen
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Well I guess most of the residents were excited about the location and the swimming pool these 2 pointscseems to me the greatest things in this hotel. Otherwise everything was standard and functional except that there was no phone to call the reception and the second thing is the Wifi coverage zone is poorer if the room is a little bit far from the lobby. Another thing : the breakfast could be better ;) As whole a great hotel to stay in !

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Maghreb_traveller

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel for one night!! The receptionist asked me to pay around $5 for the taxes. I explained to him that it is already included in my booking but he refused that. Since I did not want to argue because I was tired, I gave it to him. Just becareful with this man as he looks so confident stealing your money. Moreover, the beds with not comfortable and the room was smelly!! In the morning, I heard people shout and I could hear almost everything in the corridor. I will never return there again!!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Abdelkrim A
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I spent 1 night in Chefchaouen. We arrived in a rental car and were planning to stay somewhere else, but we took a wrong turn, were tired, and ended up at the Parador. This cost twice what we were planning to spend, but I was very happy with the result. We had a great room with an excellent view. There's a pool, so we had a refreshing swim, and the next morning we had an excellent buffet breakfast included in the price. There was someone to watch our car, and everything to see was within easy walking distance. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ColoradoCarol2
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Hotel was in the old Medina just next to the Kasbah.

Great views from the hotel over the valley and the Rif mountain range.

Hotel was clean and comfortable, rooms good and breakfast served buffet style.
Car parking available as well as security for your car. Swimming pool available

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Another hotel that got caught in a 70's time warp and has not been updated since. It does have a pool and serves alcohol. I would say the best feature of this hotel is breakfast on the terrace as it overlooks the Rif mountain range. Has none of the charm that most of the 'blue' town has.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I led a group of 48 British trekkers on a trek in the vicinity of Chefchaouen. We based ourselves at The Parador Hotel (2 nights). Prior to our visit the hotel was extremely helpful in making arrangements for our stay. The rooms were clean, the food was excellent . The hotel suggested hot and cold buffet and also met our special requests for dishes and meal times. (Not a single complaint from the group!). The location for the Medina and access to the city gate was great. The hall porter fetched all the luggage to and from the coach. The front Desk staff were always helpful and informative. Chamber maids kept our rooms tidy .The dining room waiters were efficient and friendly as were the kitchen staff. The Parador played a major part in a very successful trip.Possibly one of the friendliest hotels i have stayed in. The service was personal.

Room Tip: The mountain views from some of the rooms are stunning.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mvalarino
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Stayed for couple of nights... the hotel is decent but expensive comparing to the rooms space and service; as an 4* Hotel. The best thing is the panoramic view toward the Rif green mountains and the fresh virgin air at the morning, in the other side, I dont recommend to ha room doesnt have the nature view.

Rooms are equipped with TV with limited channels and poor picture.. again doesnt reflect 4* Hotel. AC is there and bathroom is good with non soft towels.

Breakfast is included but I can loudly say its useless; poor bufet and the content doesnt seem fresh. The coffee is not a "Coffee" and the juices are simple not freshly made. Generally, its not refelcting a 4* Hotel in this part. Tables were organized to say the truth.

Swimming Pool is ok in term if sapce and suitable for kids with 3 depth levels. The, before swimming, shower doesnt include hot water which is just impossible for me to have it.

Nice and clean hole in the entrance with strong wifi service with slightly loud soft music.

The location is just perfect and there is no hotel in chefchaouen has the same. In the middle if the ancient city close to resturants, Wata'a Al-Hamam square, Al-Qasba, banks and Ras Al-Ma'a water source. Car parking is there and security.

• Stayed: September 2013