Dar Scotlandee
Dar Yakout(Chefchaouen)
All reviewsterrymountainshikemedinariad
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Looking for a hike in the mountains of Morocco I found the "Scotlandia" to be the perfect place... I spent 6 nights and met about 20 younger travelers that provided hours of entertainment while we waited for the rain to stop. Just out behind "Scotland" is a great hike if you are serious... a vertical climb of 3800' and about 12 miles round trip to a summit with snow and a view of Spain and the Med. Terry the owner did the hike with us and was a great person to have along. We also visited God's Bridge at Achour and enjoyed is almost as much as the longer and harder hike the next day. There is a common room where the company is good, the breakfast is always ready in the morning and the WiFi works great. As a non-Arabic speaker and a person who likes to hike the hospitality of Terry ans Souzanna .... along with son Liam... made the six day stay comfortable and enjoyable. Lots to do in Chef too....

Room Tip: Don't let the distance from town scare you off... the walk is the fitness center and taxis are cheap if you want to be a wus...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mike A
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I went to Morocco a lot of times for my job, and everytime I could I went to Chefchaouen and in my opinion "Rif for anyone" is the best accommodation. The first time I went there I felt like a guest, but staying there a few times now I feel more like a friend. The family that runs the guesthouse it's very polite and it's always likable to help you to plan your trip and find the cheapest way to travel in the country. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Breakfast it's fantastic. The guesthouse is located at the feet of the mountain, in a quiet place. You can easily reach the Medina by feet in ten minutes and you can come back by taxi(about one euro). So I suggest everyone who wants to go there to stay in this guesthouse, you'll love it!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank freechecco
Reviewed 15 May 2013

We were looking for a clean place to stay near the mountains and this place was perfect. The owners were very helpful, friendly, and even went on hikes with us along with several other guests that were staying there when we were. Having a "home" to come back to after exploring both the city and the countryside made the trip easy.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 14 May 2013

My boyfriend and I had such a great time in the guesthouse with Terry and Souzanna! Lovely private rooms, with hot showers, and great spaces for socialising with them and the other guests. Fantastic location, with great views, and even better atmosphere. Also attracted like-minded, friendly people! Great for both couples and friends!
Gave me memories that will stay with me for life! Will definitely come back, as it really made our holiday!

Room Tip: All rooms were private I believe.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 30 March 2013

One of the best hostels i've ever stayed in.
If you wanna relaxe, have fun and meet new people you should definitely visit Casa Scotlandia.
(Delicious breakfast, punctual infos about everything, stuning view from the terrace, hot shower and friendly atmosphere).
Next time i Chaoen we know where to stay again:)

Terry Suzzane and Liam thanky you for everything - you rock:)

3 Croatian guys