During our 3 night stay in chefchauen we stayed in Dar Echaouen. We enjoyed our stay here.The hotel is located on the edge of the town above the medina, a 15 minute walk to the heart of the medina and Kasbah. We had a poolside room which was comfortable and clean, though not as private as the rooms upstairs (curtains had to be closed to ensure people couldn't see into room) There was a great aircon system which was needed in the 35+ degree heat. There is also a nice pool (though not the cleanest )which was great to cool off in after hours spent wandering the medina or hiking in the hills over the town. Breakfast, lunch & dinner is served inside or outside in the garden grounds. We had dinner here on one night and it was good. The staff were very friendly and made every effort to speak English to us. There was wifi but not a very strong signal limited to reception & dining area. Like many hotels in Morocco it does not have an alcohol license though some of the staff can get you an expensive (€3.5 for very small bottle, nearly same price has a meal in the medina) beer which you have to drink up the back of hotel at the pool. We paid €69 a night which we think was very good value for our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A fantastic piece of art builds and managed with passion, decorated with a pure Arabic and local style. We put customer satisfaction in the hart of our daily job. With an excellent views all rounds and a relaxing swimming pool. Accessible in walking distance to the medina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Dar Echchaouen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dar Echchaouen Chefchaouen
- Dar Echchaouen Hotel Chefchaouen