“Nice riad in Merzouga”
Review of Riad Nezha

Riad Nezha
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Merzouga
Reviewed 5 May 2014

After a night in a desert camp, we ended up at Riad Nezha for a shower and breakfast. The place is quite well maintained and looks nice. The staff were polite and helpful. Breakfast was served on the terrace which has a nice view of the dunes nearby since the riad is at the edge of Merzouga.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I stayed a few nights at this Riad with a travelling companion and could not have asked for more. The room was comfortable, spacious and with good beds and the bathroom was also spacious with a good shower. The Riad had a huge roof terrace where we had breakfast every day, watched the sunrise and sunset, viewed the sand dunes in the changing light and watched the camels go to and from the desert camps. Mohamed was the perfect manager. He made sure that we had everything to our liking and on our last night we had a Gnawa music performance put on by him, the camel man whose names I have forgotten, and his young offsider. We had a fun night drumming and entertaining one another with jokes. The Riad is within walking distance of the Merzougha main shopping street and a good jumping off point for sightseeing in the desert area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed at Riad Nezha one night, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We had a great welcome from the hotel owners and enjoyed a delicious home cooked meal and entertainment in the restaurant.
The next morning we toured the marketplace in Merzouga and that afternoon, went on a camel ride through the desert (the camels and our guides were waiting for us outside the back entrance to the riad!). The setting of this riad is great..in the morning you have a view of the desert from the rooftop breakfast restaurant and if you get up early enough you can enjoy a spectacular sunrise.
The swimming pool is crystal clean and delightful...a little too cold for us to try in March, however.
If you are thinking of touring this area of Morocco you might want to arrange your visit with Around Morocco Tours (www.aroundmoroccotours.com) as they took care of all the arrangements for our transportation, local visits (which were fantastic: in addition to the camel trek and staying overnight in a desert tent camp, we were also treated to a performance of local G'noua music...which got most of us up dancing!), hotels and many of our meals.

Room Tip: If possible ask for one of the rooms in the annex buildings. They are quieter and overlook the pool...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at this Riad and toured with Around Morocco Tours and it was a joy to be back again although we wish we could have stayed longer. The rooms are so spacious and the staff are so friendly and attentive. We Skyped from the Riad just to show the rest of the family the view from the rooftop where we ate breakfast. I will remember my walk to the dunes and through the date palms forever. Don't hesitate to stay here and make sure you go on an overnight camel trek too.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I love this riad. I’ve stayed here on two trips to Morocco, both booked through Around Morocco Tours. It’s comfortable and casual, and the rooms are spacious. Mohamed, Said, and the rest of the staff are such warm people – you’ll feel like family here. The meals are truly home cooked and some of the best I’ve had in Morocco. They even gave me lessons in tagine cooking.

The location cannot be beat, right on the edge of the palm oasis and where the Erg Chebbi sand dunes begin. There’s a stunning view of the palms and sand dunes from the rooftop terrace and from some of the rooms. When the weather’s nice, they serve breakfast on the roof. You’ll want to sit there all day and soak it in. I went on a two-day camel trek from here on my first stay, with their wonderful camel guide, Ahmed. Sitting out on the dunes late at night practically touching the stars was one of the best experiences I’ve ever had – I highly recommend it. You begin the trek right from the back door of the riad.

I love this place, and I hope to stay here again one day.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Barb M
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Our stay at Riad Nezha was absolutely amazing. We felt as if we were the only ones staying at the hotel (although I know they had other guests). The staff gave us individual attention, making sure every aspect of our stay was perfect. I think the best chicken I have ever had in my life was the chicken kebabs we had for lunch there. The breakfasts and dinners were the best I had in Morocco (and I've lived here for 8 months!). The view is stunning. After viewing all the other locations of places to stay in Merzouga, Riad Nezha has the best spot! From the terrace you can see all of the Merzouga Oasis (a palm tree, greenery area), with the huge Erg Chebbi dunes beyond that. Our room was HUGE, SO clean, and comfortable. The walls were a little thin so the first night I didn't sleep so well, but everything was so wonderful that I didn't even care. We took the deep camp in the desert with them and it was an experience of a lifetime. I will never forget this place. Thank you Riad Nezha for giving us an unforgettable trip! We would never stay anywhere else!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank peerey53
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We booked both an overnight stay at the Riad Nezha and an overnight camel tour into the Sahara. Brahim and his staff took care of us like family- the food was amazing, their recommendations were spot-on and the camel trek was a once in a lifetime experience. I would strongly urge anyone who travels to Merzouga to take the camel tour, one can fully appreciate the beauty and intensity of the desert like no other place. It will hold a special place in my heart. Don't forget to pack warm clothing as it gets cold in the desert! There was a lovely breakfast that was awaiting our return in the morning and it was lovely to sit on the roof terrace, eat, and look back at the dunes where we just overnighted. A truly memorable and amazing experience!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple