“Day Trip into the Sahara”

Camel Trekking - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We pride ourselves in our tailored service. Camel Trekking company philosophy is bound by excellence in customer service and personal attention to each and every client's needs, you're in safe hands with us.
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The best part was riding the camel back to camp in the dark under all the stars. Hands down amazing!!

2  Thank NavajoAng

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Gaynor and I were very pleased of the professional and competent guiding provided by Mubarak. In our opinion he is a great ambassador for camel trekking and the Moroccan Sahara experience. Thank you Omar for your advice, guidance and assistance. The Sahara camel trekking was a highlight of our time in Morocco. Recommended company.

1  Thank C_and_GDarwin
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Our driver picked us up from Marrakech and started a 17 hour drive to Merzouga. He took us to amazing places and landscapes on our way to the final activity, camel trekking. This tour was excellent from start to finish, unforgettable experience, completely recommended.

2  Thank ljupop
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We researched a camel trek prior to leaving Canada. On our arrival I emailed Omar and received a response the same day outlining basically the most expensive tour he had to offer. We responded that day advising him that with a few alterations to his itinery it sounded fine. That was the last time I heard from him until after we left Marrakech and arrived in Fes amd the only reason we heard from him then was that we had suggested that we were going to review him on tripadviser. He then sent me an email address of another company that would take us. I responded telling him that was unsatisfactory so he quoted me a special rate because of our being inconvenienced. That rate turned out to be 3 times any rate we had been previously quoted. His answer.... He was too busy.
So we were led around a parking lot in Tangier on a camel. Thanks Omar

18  Thank decourcyisland
AmarBerhi, Owner at Camel Trekking - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Im a bit surprised to read the content of your review! but thanks for taking the time to write and post your nosense built-up story.

To my knowledge we don't review and post our daily written email correspondence here on tripadvisor and I wouldn't take it as a poor service since there was no service provided at all.

Regarding price, I've found booking in advance will save you too much money and you'll get the tour type you'll want. My Group tours are almost always sold out in advance and if you wait for last minute your choice is limited.

We are bound to get good and bad reviews in any service industry and I definitely appreciate every kind of criticism and suggestions about our tours. In fact, it’s one of the only ways we can improve.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Great trip - did the regular trip. Was met by Brahim at the central meeting location in the main square right on time. The vehicle was new and well-maintained. It would have been a bit squishy with 6 people in the car, but we only had 5 so it worked perfectly. Brahim was a great driver and really helpful with any questions. I felt really safe with him driving.

We had a great lunch stop and walk through the city up to the lookout at Ait Ben Haddou which was definitely a highlight. Then some more driving before arrival at our hotel. The heater does not seem to be able to keep up with the cold in December so that was a bummer. But otherwise the hotel was good - private bathrooms and a nice cosy area (with a heater, yay!) for dinner.

We ended up in Merzouga to prepare for our camel ride into the desert. It was a great trip, camels are definitely not the most comfortable but of course it was an adventure and just INCREDIBLE to do this at sunset and sunrise. We stopped partway to climb up a dune at sunset - seeing the sun go down, surrounded by the dunes, with your camel down below and feeling like you are the only person in the world was definitely a highlight.

Arrived at the desert camp at dark. That tagine was definitely the best I had on my trip (and the others said the same)! Then a campfire with a drumming session followed by some star watching.

The tents were comfortable but as some reviewers said, FREEZING in early December. Basic facilities here but we stopped at the gas station on the way out the area to freshen up which was nice. The sunrise camel tour was also amazing.

Overview: AMAZING. The highlight of my 10-day Morocco trip for sure. Everyone who sees my pictures is still gushing over them - definitely this is a highlight if you are into photography. I love the desert and I don't mind driving. Especially when there are such amazing views and frequent stops in a comfortable car. Guide was helpful and accommodation was satisfactory. Emails to Omar were responded to promptly. And of course it helped that I had a great group to share the experience with! One iffy point is that one of the desert guides tried to sell some trinkets at the end of the ride for outrageous prices - disappointed me a bit as it was really clear on the website that this would not be involved in this trip.

Book this trip!