“Peaceful and frelaxing stay next to and in the desert”
Review of Camels House

Camels House
Ranked #1 of 82 Merzouga B&B and Inns
Berlin, Germany
“Peaceful and frelaxing stay next to and in the desert”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I took a short trip from the Camels House into the desert, with a 2-hours camel ride, a wonderful night in the nomads tent, and a ride back to the guest house where we had a good breakfast. I was treated very well by the 4 brothers running the enterprise. They are very genuine, trustworthy and helpfull. The evening meal in the tent, where our 2 guides spntaneously made traditional music with drums and singing, and the night amidst the dunes were fantastic - the climax of 3 weeks travelling in Marocco. I would like to come back there soon and spend some weeks there, enjoying the complete quietness and the good company. A very recommenable address for anyone who wants to have a triip to the Sahara!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
55 Thank Berne P

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Merzouga, Morocco
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We (2 young women from belgium) stayed two nights in the desert for a camel trek. it was a wonderful stay: good and friendly camel man, wonderful desert views, delicious food, delicious whisky berber ... One of the best experiences of our life. The hotel is beautiful, nice people, hot shower (we needed that after two days in desert), very quiet and peaceful. we recommend it! And once we come back, inch'allah!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
53 Thank BobMarleyCamel
Merzouga, Morocco
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Camels House is an extraordinay place. I'm going to explain my experience in the Morroccan Sahara. I just arrived from Fes, a long trip by bus, an once I stopped in Merzouga, I was totally astonished of the amazing view. I was exhausted from the bus ride, so I decided to look for a nice Hotel to keep my luggage and relax for a while. I don't know how but I finally arrived to the Camels House. And from that moment I felt like at home!! Mohammed and Jousef, the service workers, gave me a nice cup of tea and several food, and we spent almost all morning talking about their culture (Berbers), my trip and future nice destinations to visit. Furthermore, the Hotel it's super nice located, and it has all the necessary things you need for having a relax and cultural time. You will not regreat it at all!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
63 Thank Polraca
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I stayed for one night at camels house and had two nights in the desert. I was made to feel relaxed and welcome for my whole stay.

Whilst in the desert we encountered few tourists and I really got a feel for the size and geography of the area. The food was good, particularly in the evening, the tajines were very nice.

The rooms in the hostel are really good, the owner was busy building more while I was there.

I would definately recommend camels house, I got exactly what I wanted from my stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
76 Thank alastair f
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

After a long, somewhat stressful drive down to Merzouga, featuring plenty of false guides and a popped tire, we made it to Camels House. As soon as we got there we took tea with Mohammed, Youssef, and Assou. The house itself couldn't be more peaceful, and the owners of Camels House really made us feel at home.

We were only to be there one night, and we wanted to get on the camels and go out to the camp immediately. This was no problem for Camels House, and they had the animals and everything ready within an hour. A short, beautiful trip ensued into the dunes, followed by dinner, stories, music, and "Whisky Berber" around the fires and under the stars. The four of us were the only tourists in the camps, and it was beautiful. In the morning Assou woke us up in time to view the sunrise, and then we were back on the camels and out.

Traveling in Morocco can sometimes be frustrating, but Camels House reminds you why you go there. Thank you for a great experience!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
87 Thank Jayfarers
Tilburg, The Netherlands
Reviewed 30 November 2013

What a perfect experience, incredibly nice staff who do totally make you like home. The trips to the desert are breathtaking and the overnight stay at the nomad house of Mohameds family is just an experience apart, beautiful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
88 Thank GijsdeKort
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed 3 nights (2 in the desert), and I can only thank Camels house for such a warm hospitality. Absolutely welcoming, genuine and generous, I absolutely recommend this place if you consider visiting Erg Chebbi dunes.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo