Period of Stay: 6th Dec - 8th Dec 2013 (2 nights)
Cost (PER NIGHT): 15 Euros (170 Dirhams)(including taxes, via Booking.com) for a single room (Room 212)
(1) Location - less than 5 minutes walk from the Supratours drop off point (I came in from Marrakech). NOTE: apparently there are two Supratours ticket offices and the one that you are dropped off at is along Avenue Moulay Abdellah (NOT the one on the main road of Avenue Mohammed V which is the one you will see when you use Google Map) - I was a bit confused initially due to this, not good to be lost at night trying to find your hotel in Morocco! So all you need to do is walk along the road that you are dropped off at (in the direction that the bus is facing) and you will see Hotel Marmar on your right within 5 minutes at most! It is also near the Gare Routiere so it could be useful if you need to catch a grand taxi to Ait Ben Haddou (very nice place).
Although some say it is far from the city centre, it is about 15 minutes for me (though I'm up for a bit of walking) so if likewise you enjoy walking this is no problem and it is very easy to navigate, just ask the owner for a map and he will tell you how to walk. If you are not into walking, a petit taxi really won't cost much and you still save a lot from the cost of the rooms!
(2) Comfortable bed, pillows and top class toilet - very clean and nice tiling.
(3) The wifi was fast and reliable.
(4) Breakfast was pretty good (described in detail by Arlene C's review on 3rd April 2013 - "consists of delicious Moroccan bread, a large croisant with a touch of chocolate, yougurt, strawberry preserves, delicious coffee with foamed milk, fresh orange juice and 2 cheese wedges")
(5) Very good value for money based on what I could see from the other hotels on Booking.com.
(1) The room was very cold despite the door and window being closed and there's no heater.
(2) The owner didn't seem too happy when I did not take up his offer of a private taxi to Ait Ben Haddou (no diplomatic smile even). Quoted me a totally rip off price of 400 Dirhams which insulted my intelligence so I can't even be bothered to try and bargain with him. (I eventually got one outside for 200 Dirhams, which was what wiki travel mentioned, prob a bit too much still but he did wait a fair bit for me cos he also dropped me off at Atlas Studios for a tour). I would have wanted to follow teamflames' method but I travel solo and there were no one else waiting for a grand taxi to Ait Ben Haddou (was low season) so I think that wasn't too bad.
(3) The checkout timing was stated 12pm but the owner said I had to return the key by 11am because they had to clean the room, which surprised me. If that was the case then change the checkout timing online! I wanted to bathe after going to the Sunday Market but couldn't and I hate it when people don't deliver what is promised.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Marmar is located in the centre of Ouarzazate, 1 km from Ouarzazate Airport and 700 metres from the train station. Some of the rooms feature a private balcony. Each soundproofed Marmar room has a bathroom with shower. Free Wi-Fi is available in each of the rooms. Guests can explore the surrounding area including the Draa River and the fortified city of Ait Benhaddou. The hotel 24-hour reception desk can organise excursions of the surrounding area. We speak your language! Hotel Rooms: 20 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Hotel marmar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.