Open today: 09:00 - 20:00
Overnight Camel trek in Merzouga dunes

Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Travel Exploration Morocco Private Tours
All reviews alecia cohen food tour restaurant recommendations jewish heritage day trip villa mandarine maison arabe nieces and nephews imperial cities sahara desert berber village roman ruins diverse country first hand local tour fabulous trip high atlas mountains
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We just return from a 6 day trip in Morocco. We usually make all of our travel arrangements by ourselves without the help of a travel agency but since Morocco is so different than Europe and South America, we decided to use a travel agent to help us organize our tour. Thru the internet we found Travel Exploration and we decided to us them based on the excellent reviews that this company had. Well, all the reviews were on target as we had a memorable experience thanks to Alecia (owner of travel explorations). Alecia arrange for us the Riads (hotels), Car, Tours in the cities, a driver and the Sahara excursion. All the riads that she reserve for us were excellent, comfortable and beautiful, Moroccan style which was exactly what we wanted. I only stay in 4 to 5 stars hotels as I like comfort and clean hotels. Travel Exploration also booked a tour for us to spend one night in the Sahara Desert under tents but the tour that Alecia reserve for us was a 5 star tent tour. We slept inside tents that had nice clean beds, the campament also had a bathroom, and a camp fire during the night, great Moroccan meal, all of it was excellent. Then we also hired a private driver thru Alecia, Hossaine, to drive us around Morocco and we were picked up in a new Toyota Land Cruiser, with air condition and the driver is one of the nicest person I have ever met, he was energetic, easy going, honest and very respectful, he did everything within his powers to make sure we were happy. We will never forget Hossaine. Thanks to Travel Exploration we were able to enjoy Morocco at its best. I have travel extensively thru Europe, Asia and South America and Morocco is a country that is necessary to contact a reputable travel agent to arrange for the hotels, car, driver, excursions, etc, as it is a very distinctive culture and there are not many good riads(hotels) nor restaurants outside the main cities of Marrakesh and Fes and not all the roads have pavement. Also, not many speak English or Spanish. So it is essential to go around the country with someone that knows the roads, the culture, the riads, etc. Thank you Alecia for all your patience with us and for all the great things you did for us. Thanks to you our trip was a success and we will never forget you, Hossaine nor Morocco. BEST WISHES ALWAYS!!!

Date of experience: April 2012
1  Thank ALINE J
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Morocco is the most diverse country side from camel riding and camping in the Sahara desert, the mind blowing medina of Fes, Moroccan Switzerland in Ifrane, Moroccan Hollywood in Ouzarzazate, the beautiful seaside and quad bike riding in Essaouira and the hectic and exciting sites of Marrakech. This private tour was the best experience of our lives. The Riads we were given were luxurious and romantic and not costly for a young just married couple. Our tour guide made our experience hassel free and so much fun and the Organiser and owner of the tour company Catered to our every need. This is a must do experience. There is no better way to see this beautiful country. We just wish we had more time to continue the journey.

Date of experience: April 2012
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Despite the short time available (I was in a cruise trip to the Mediterranean), the One-Day tour to Casablanca organized by Travel Exploration Morocco Private Tours was absolutely amazing!! The places we visited were fantastic, the restaurant where we had a wonderful tagine and also the tradition and delicious couscous, was a unique experience. And, of course, the driver/guide was superb. He was very thoughtful, attentive and explained very well and very comprehensible all the history behind the places he led us to visit.

In short, it was a very impressive experience which we intend to repeat with Travel Exploration when we have the chance to get back to Morocco to visit other wonderful places like, Fes, Rabat, Marrakesh, etc.

Special thanks to Alecia Cohen, for her kindness and attention!!

Date of experience: February 2012
1  Thank Sightsee10228614963
Reviewed 8 April 2012

From the first time I read Travel Exploration's Just for Women program I knew the tour was for me. I wanted to take a grand tour of Morocco with my friends for a reasonable price yet have a bit of luxury. After several email correspondences with Alecia whereby she provided prompt answers and options we made a decision and were off to Morocco. Upon our arrival we were greeted in Casablanca with a beautiful welcome package and a friendly driver who spoke perfect English. He remained our confidant for the entire tour. Our tour took us through Morocco's Imperial Cities and thanks to choosing a tour operator who clearly knows their stuff we had an authentic experience visiting a Berber village. We baked bread in the Saghro mountains and had our hands beautifully hennaed. We absolutely loved the charming bivouac in the Sahara and the well appointed camel trek that took us on a route pass Nomads in the Sahara's dunes. All of the historical guides were extremely knowledgeable and patient with our penchant for asking questions about Morocco's Jewish Heritage and the culture of women.

All of the Riads Alecia choose for our group were spot on with our taste and to our surprise perfectly located. We had heard about how difficult it can be to navigate some of Morocco's old cities and were so happy that we were well taken care of and got to stay in prime locations. Most memorable are Riad Myra in Fes, an incredible restored palace and Le Jardin De Medina in Marrakech. Since we were traveling with a group of women having the right traditional Moroccan Hammam experience and dining out was important. I cannot speak highly enough about the kind of service this travel agency provides and I recommend using them. I wish they would expand so I could use them for my next overseas adventure. It's the first time I went on a group tour that was organized and where a genuine effort was made to not just make us feel like another tourist. Simply incredible experience!

Date of experience: March 2012
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I knew from the moment that Alicia answered my first email inquiry that we would be listened to and cared for... and she delivered. My husband and I could take just a week away form work and knew that we would only be able to sample the treasures of Morocco. Alicia gave us excellent choices, and knowing that we liked to pack things in, we did. We were met at the airport in Marrakesh by both our wonderful driver, Hossaine and also our delightful and erudite Marrakesh guide, Abdullah Rahmane. Marrakesh can be chaotic and confusing, but we felt looked after the entire time. (We did become quite lost one night on our own...but they had carefully given us the bearings to find our way home.... and we did even in the dark, dark medina! ) Abdullah gave us a really good introduction to the complex history, politics and treasures of Morocco. Without that, the trip would still have been fun, but far less meaningful. He really knows his stuff!

We stayed at the wonderful Palais Sebban in the medina. It was beautiful, mysterious and maze like. Our suite was stunning, and while located overlooking the pool and courtyard, we felt the tremendous luxury of quiet and space in gorgeous surroundings. We managed several trips into Berber country in the High Atlas. In the first place, we had a lovely fellow, Jamal, take us up to the waterfalls. It is high and the air thin, but he was very patient. If I had known how rugged it was, I would have worn boots...but i had, cleverly, removed them from my suitcase. Not to worry, Jamal practically carried me several times to keep my feet dry. What a gentleman. My husband and I were impressed by the dignity and pride displayed by the Berber people. We were welcomed into a home for tea and a treat..and even got to spend a bit of time with the family donkey and cow. The next day we headed to Imlil, stopping along the way at Richard Branson's place. Over the top to be sure, and what a setting! In Imlil, we again went climbing with another great young man- a new father, and very kind and loved his stories about life in the mountains. It isn't easy!...but they seem genuinely happy. It was , again, a wonderful, stark, and dramatic landscape made special by the people. One special thing to note: somehow they all knew of my interest in plants and went out of their way to tell me about the herbs and flowers (lovely early spring!) and to point out interesting trees and how they are used. They also knew of Richard's interest in architecture- and took us to many significant spots, particularly in Marrakesh.

My overall impression is that while were felt cared for and all the details were very smooth and organized, it was done out of a genuine desire to make us happy while sharing with us the treasures that are the people, places and sensory delights of their homeland.

Can't wait to go again..and explore farther.

Date of experience: February 2012