“Day trip in the sourroundings of Ourzazate”
Review of Desert Dream

Desert Dream
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: DESERT DREAM is a professional travel agency based in Ouarzazate in the South of Morocco which offers guided tours from one day to three-weeks that can accommodate your personalized interests and desires. From off-road vehicle trips, hiking, camel tours or camel treks through the classic Saharan dunes, biking, or hammam experiences, these exotic adventures can be seamlessly arranged for you. All you have to do is sit back and enjoy the experience! Our expert guides are friendly, multi-lingual and extremely professional with years of experience guiding savvy tourists through the Sahara desert and southern Morocco. If you are thinking about a desert tour or just an amazing Moroccan vacation, then Desert Dream! Is the company for you! We are here to make your desert tour amazing and we look forward to working with you!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Thanks a lot to the team of Desert dream who proposed the perfect trip for the short time I could spend in the south of Morocco. The team works highly professional and reliable and made the tour to a wonderfull experience. Thanks especially to Allal for getting me a charger for my tablet.

2  Thank Angela O
DesertDream1978, Owner at Desert Dream, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with our company on the tripadvisor. It is with pleasure and appreciation for us to provide the best guides and drivers and we welcome you back in the future to discover some other parts of our country.

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"longer tour"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 8 March 2014

This excursion was the highlight of my trip to Morocco. Our driver and tour guide were fantastic. We stayed in Merzouga and slept in tents which was an experience of a lifetime. I would highly recommend this trip to anyone who is adventurous or looking to try something out of the ordinary. Thanks again Mohammed (our tour guide) and Ahmed (driver) for making this trip a great one.

1  Thank Mab3060

Thanks a lot for sharing your review on the tripadvisor. We are so happy to know that you had a great trip with our company, we hope to see you again for another adventure in Morocco.

Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Our fantastic day was planned dynamically from the comfort of our nearby hotel (IBIS). We had a loose idea of what we wanted to do 'n see and were given several bespoke packages to choose from. When we explained our budget constraints, the tour was tweaked to save us some money. 20 minutes later we were being whisked off in a car to our first activity, off-road quad bike tour to the L'OASIS DE FINT. This was amazing! Most fun you can have on four wheels :) The Oasis was stunning and really beautiful. Such a great place to stop for food and drinks. We then took the quad bikes back to HQ for hot tea and nuts. Lovely! We headed for the film
Studios tour Just over the road which was well worth a peek before setting of by car to our final destination, Ait Benhaddou, an ancient fortress city on the edge of the sahara desert used in films such as Gladiator, Kundun, Lawrence of Arabia, Kingdom of Heaven.

3  Thank SpikeUK82
DesertDream1978, Owner at Desert Dream, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for the review and sharing the helpful tips. We are thrilled that you have enjoyed your trip with our company. We were happy that we could help you with your day trip in spite of booking last minute in the busiest season. We are looking forward to see you another time in Morocco for a longer trip of course!

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I just want to say thnx Allal Kiki for everything you did for us in that amazing trip we've ever had my friends and me; when I wrote it's a new style of life I meant really that woooooooooooooow sincerly we're Moroccans from Rabat but with your travel agency you showed us an other side of our Morocco you let us discovering that our country is beautiful more than we can imagine it's more fabulous, we ask everyone to think of Allal's agency for sure it will be a new enjoyable experience as we've had, we can't quote the whole of steps we had right now but trust us each step was more and more interesting than others and of course we've to say thnx to everyone there including guides, drivers and people we met we could never forget anyone of you be sure we'll think of been there for an other time Enshallah :)

8  Thank KatiLidiri
DesertDream1978, Owner at Desert Dream, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Hello,

We thank you a lot for the wonderful review and we are so glad that your experience with Desert Dream went smooth and in perfect conditions. We all hope to see you again for another adventure in the south of Morocco.

Allal and the whole team of Desert Dream

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I'd already added the proprietor Allal Kiki as a Friend on Facebook before travelling to Morocco, along with a few other tour organisers, guides, and helpful seeming types. Once in Ouarzazate it was simply a process of elimination. Advanced planning nd preparation is key in my view, to a successful trip, especially when hoping for something a little more adventurous.

Allal Kiki is a charming, larger than life character, who speaks many languages and is evidently extremely experienced in handling tourists, and their idiosyncratic demands. Like all Moroccan traders he is a tough negotiator, but to show weakness is to invite contempt, the negotiations are part of the experience, there are no set prices, you should research well in advance, right down to the current cost of vehicle fuel!

My brief was simple if exacting; I needed camels, a camel man, a cook, a guide who spoke English,I had 5 days and a rather tight budget. Eventually...we struck a deal, and the contract was written, in English ;)

My guide was the impeccable, and courteous Yidir of N'kob, an Amazigh who also spoke several Europen languages, his English was impressive, we became very good friends, a huge blessing. The two main camels were Maimon & Cherif - my steed, both brown & woolly but clean and not at all smelly, all very well behaved, quite a pleasant surprise. The camel man was Omar who, although we exchanged only a few words in Arabic, Amazigh and French displayed great humour, cooked well, and cared for us attentively.

We drove down to M'hamid, camped out with the camels, trekked for three days across hammada, oued and dunes, sleeping in a spartan tent, eating together from the one dish, watched sunrises and sunsets, sometimes walked and sometimes rode. On the final day we crossed the dried-up Lac Iriqui, then drove up through Foum Zguid, Tazenakht, and back to Ouarzazate.

From my perspective the trek was entirely succesful for, although I had travelled in the Sahara many times before, including a similar week with donkeys, I had never trekked with camels, so now that has been done and I am content.

Desert Dream, and Allal in particular is a tremendous business who could cater and customise almost any tour you desired, any number of people, any number of days, any destination, any mode of transport. Allal's knowledge of the region is encyclopedic, and his network of contacts, guides, and drivers seems limitless.

I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this company to anyone, especially Westerners seeking reassurance of good value and fairness.

4  Thank Zoubir I
DesertDream1978, Owner at Desert Dream, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Thank you so much for your time to report your experience with us, we are pleased that you had a wonderful time with our team and hope to to see you again sometimes in Morocco for another experience.

Warmest regards,