“Marvellous days to remember for a lifetime”
Review of Desert Dream

Desert Dream
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: DESERT DREAM is a professional travel agency based in Ouarzazate in the South of Morocco which offers guided tours from one day to three-weeks that can accommodate your personalized interests and desires. From off-road vehicle trips, hiking, camel tours or camel treks through the classic Saharan dunes, biking, or hammam experiences, these exotic adventures can be seamlessly arranged for you. All you have to do is sit back and enjoy the experience! Our expert guides are friendly, multi-lingual and extremely professional with years of experience guiding savvy tourists through the Sahara desert and southern Morocco. If you are thinking about a desert tour or just an amazing Moroccan vacation, then Desert Dream! Is the company for you! We are here to make your desert tour amazing and we look forward to working with you!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift, Activities for older children, Baby buggy parking, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Our journey with Desert Dream (Les Merveilles du Sud) was a wonderful experience, perfectly organized and highly to be recommended.
Thanks especially to the two Mohammeds:
The friendly driver who proofed both excellent driving skills and joy at taking the road. We always felt safe with him.
And of course our guide whom we liked from the start because he explained everything very sympathetically and for all the fun we had. We felt very much at home in his presence and pay our respect. He did a very good job.
It's the people behind this project who opened the door to their country, let us step in with warm welcome end let us experience the beauty of its nature, showed us all these amazing places, introduced us to its inhabitants and made our days in this marvellous area to remember for a lifetime.
And the desert to a place to "dream of" ...

1  Thank Tanja X
DesertDream1978, Owner at Desert Dream, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thanks so much for your review on the tripadvisor. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent trip with us.

We hope to see you again for another adventure in Morocco!

Allal and the whole team of Desert Dream

in 11 reviews
"friendly guide"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I recently got back from a tour in Morocco, accompanied by Desert Dream.
On the beauty of the places I don’t say anything, it’s impossibile to express in words the magic.
I apologize for my English, but I feel the need to thank Allal and his staff because it has been a magic thanks to them.
The accommodations were perfect, certain no luxury: but I was in the desert, not in Sharm ... Anyway I found it better than I expected, given the cost I paid.
I made a personal tour: my partner, myself, the guide (Abdullah ), the driver of the car (Ahmed) in urban areas, the “driver of the camels (!)” ( Barak ) in the desert.
Abdullah was more than a guide : extraordinary attention to details, I can only give some examples: he poured water on flat rocks to bring out the fossils they contained; in the desert he saw a small venomous reptile (how he could see it is still a mystery) and made sure to show us; he held away all the people who approached to bother us; he took us into the homes of nomads, after a long drive "off-road" outside of each touristic route; he has lent itself to modify the program of the tour to adapt it to our needs and requests. And I could go on very long, too long for Tripadvisor ...
Ahmed has worked with Abdullah with professionalism and kindness, and during every journey has ensured our comfort; he has also made a long journey to get back to a place to retrieve the glasses that I had forgotten, and did not even wanted to accept my "thank you".
Barak : silent but attentive; just one example: we were walking and he beckoned us to approach: he had noticed the fresh tracks of a salamander; he followed them, then he rummaged in the sand to find it, capture it with his hands to let us see and touch.
I do not know if all the employees of Allal are so, it seems to me impossible.
So really thanks to Allal, but expecially thanks thanks thanks to Abdullah, Ahmed and Barak for the unforgettable trip.

4  Thank squass
DesertDream1978, Propriétaire at Desert Dream, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review on the tripadvisor. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your 8 day trip with us and that the guide and the driver did a good job and were very professional, efficient, and knowledgeable as well as friendly and kind.

We hope to see you again for another adventure in Morocco!

Allal and the whole team of Desert Dream

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Thanks a lot to the team of Desert dream who proposed the perfect trip for the short time I could spend in the south of Morocco. The team works highly professional and reliable and made the tour to a wonderfull experience. Thanks especially to Allal for getting me a charger for my tablet.

2  Thank Angela O
DesertDream1978, Owner at Desert Dream, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with our company on the tripadvisor. It is with pleasure and appreciation for us to provide the best guides and drivers and we welcome you back in the future to discover some other parts of our country.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

This excursion was the highlight of my trip to Morocco. Our driver and tour guide were fantastic. We stayed in Merzouga and slept in tents which was an experience of a lifetime. I would highly recommend this trip to anyone who is adventurous or looking to try something out of the ordinary. Thanks again Mohammed (our tour guide) and Ahmed (driver) for making this trip a great one.

1  Thank Mab3060

Thanks a lot for sharing your review on the tripadvisor. We are so happy to know that you had a great trip with our company, we hope to see you again for another adventure in Morocco.

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Our fantastic day was planned dynamically from the comfort of our nearby hotel (IBIS). We had a loose idea of what we wanted to do 'n see and were given several bespoke packages to choose from. When we explained our budget constraints, the tour was tweaked to save us some money. 20 minutes later we were being whisked off in a car to our first activity, off-road quad bike tour to the L'OASIS DE FINT. This was amazing! Most fun you can have on four wheels :) The Oasis was stunning and really beautiful. Such a great place to stop for food and drinks. We then took the quad bikes back to HQ for hot tea and nuts. Lovely! We headed for the film
Studios tour Just over the road which was well worth a peek before setting of by car to our final destination, Ait Benhaddou, an ancient fortress city on the edge of the sahara desert used in films such as Gladiator, Kundun, Lawrence of Arabia, Kingdom of Heaven.

3  Thank SpikeUK82
DesertDream1978, Owner at Desert Dream, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for the review and sharing the helpful tips. We are thrilled that you have enjoyed your trip with our company. We were happy that we could help you with your day trip in spite of booking last minute in the busiest season. We are looking forward to see you another time in Morocco for a longer trip of course!