“Good Hotel Guest House”

Ranked #34 of 60 Ouarzazate B&B and Inns
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
“Good Hotel Guest House”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I came first time with friend to have lunch at Sarayas, we felt this Riad is coazy , after 2 months we back, we spent 5 amazing days with family relaxing end enjoying time in riad Food was yummy room was good shower was hot no comment everything was cool and peopel working in riad are lovely.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank hasnasimo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The riad is very beautiful and extremely relaxing. My friends and I are in our twenties and travelled to Morocco for the first time. it has undoubtedly been one of the best holidays we have had. Mohammed is very welcoming, and even though we visited during ramadan he still made a huge effort to ensure we were comfortable and welcomed, and enjoyed every day of our 8 night stay in the home. Breakfast each morning was tasty and flexible with the timing. We were also privy to some tasty treats in the evening as it was Ifta (the breaking of the fast during ramadan) which we were very greatful for.

Ouarzazate is fairly isolated, but for us, this was exactly what we were looking for. The area is peaceful, hot, and the star-gazing in the evening is perfect! The locals were welcoming and as I said before, given that it was ramadan we were still able to shop, take excursions and eat in or out during the day. Although the town was very, very quite, it was almost as though we had a private visit of the town - by night it would come alive - and after the breaking of fast the locals would be out in the square, businesses that did not open/exist beforehand were set up and locals would be out enjoying the warm evening, smoking, eat and shopping until early hours of the morning. i would say that the summer months and ramadan should not put you off visiting Morocco. it is a place that can be visited all year round - not just during the UK winter months.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Marisa84
Palma de Mallorca
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Sarayas Guest House was a very welcomed stop, where I could relax after having trekked Mt Toubkal in Imlil. Prior to my arrival by bus from Marrakech, Mohamed had offered to pick me up from the bus stop in town. Communication was excellent, and he was there waiting for me, when the bus arrived. En route to the hotel we stopped on my request to watch a football game on TV at my request. This was just the first example demonstrating, how he at all times was going out of his way to make me feel at home. Once at the guest house I was given a nice and comfortable room with hot water and a good internet connection. The decoration in Sarayas is traditional, but bright and with a modern touch. Personally, I really liked it ! Sleep quality was great, perhaps with the odd donkey or dog showing off in the distance, but that is what earplugs are for.. I did in fact compliment Mohamed on having had the best sleep in Morocco along with my auberge in Imlil. Breakfast was pretty much the standard pancakes, bread, fresh orange juice and a very tasty peppermint tea. Dinner was available, but yet it was not a problem, when I asked to prepare my own meal in the kitchen. Location is on the outskirts of Ouarzazate a couple of kilometers from the movie studios. I did an awesome hike one afternoon, when I set off to explore the old kasbah and the surrounding oasis/gardens, where I learned about local ways of growing veggies, herbs etc. quite interesting to see their canal systems, actually.. Leaving Sarayas again i was offered transportation. In short, you will enjoy this clean, friendly and wonderful guest house.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Molinator
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We enjoyed our brief stay in Ouarzazate with Mohamed and family at Sarayas. He is a very nice and accommodating man, and his son is a sweet little boy. Breakfast in the morning was very nice. Keep in mind that this hotel is in the 12th Century area of town, and so it's not right in the urban center of Ouarzazate. The drive into town isn't too long. You will enjoy the charm of the place and the children playing outside, and the more local flavor of this part of town.

Room Tip: We were told that we would receive a room with a queen bed, yet received a room with two twin beds t...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HK H
Casablanca, Morocco
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I live in Morocco and I have a lot of friends and family coming to see me and visit Morocco. I used to bring them in the south to Ouarzazate and the desert, and the Sarayas is a must stopping place. So I stayed a few times and it's always a real pleasure to meet with Mohamed and his people. We really feel like at home and everyone is ready to help. And Mohamed prepare the best tea in Morocco!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Guy A
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Arriving in Morocco can seem a little daunting to begin, but being greeted by such a warm welcome in such a beautiful location couldnt have started my trip any better! We were met and guided to the Riad which is ideally located just a small distance outside of Ouarzazate. Having now travelled around most of Morocco I can safely say this is my MOST FAVOURITE place to stay

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank ellabetm
Denmark, Australia
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Very relaxing, calming atmosphere. It is almost like home, with a very nice lounge area. The best is the terrace - a nice meeting place for friends and family to enjoy the sunshine. The staff are friendly and service and food are great. I love the interior of the Riad.

Room Tip: Room number 3 good room
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family