“can't recommend it”

Ranked #36 of 40 Hotels in Ouarzazate
Belgium
“can't recommend it”
Reviewed 13 May 2010

I stayed one night at this old hotel. Someone published photos of a room, but it can not be in this hotel. The rooms are very very old and dark. See my pictures.

I had forgotten a shirt at the hotel and went back a cupple of days later to get my shirt back. The receptionist told me to come back the day after because the responsible person worked only in the morning. I went back the day after, but the responsible told me she didn't get any shirt from the cleaning ladies and told me to come back the day after because the cleening lady had a day off! I told them I was leaving Ouarzazate and gave them my phonenumber. They promissed to call me the day after, but never heard anything.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
köln
Reviewed 31 May 2007

This small guesthouse is run by an Irish woman and her Moroccan boyfriend. We didn’t meet her, but he and his staff were really nice people.
When we arrived, we had a problem with our car. He helped us find a garage and managed everything.
The rooms are simple but clean. The food was the best we got in 3 weeks! We spend the evening in very pleasant company.
The Palm gardens in the river valley start behind the house and we got a really interesting guided tour by one of the staff (much more interesting than the todra-gorge).
To find the guesthouse you have to take the road in direction to the todra-gorge until you see a sign on the left side. The guesthouse is on the right side of the road (you have to take a path that descends to the house).

• Liked — location and friendly owners
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank matti1
Canada
Reviewed 24 March 2007

Stayed one night in this hotel. Service was great, accommodation was fine but the place was absolutely deserted -- could not have been more than a handful of people in this huge resort style hotel. It could have been anywhere in the world -- did not feel very Moroccan -- but beds were good, shower was hot and breakfast was fine.

• Liked — warm staff
  • Disliked — global resort feel
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank susanCanada
Travellers also viewed these Ouarzazate hotels
Hotel Ouarzazate Le Riad
#11 of 40 in Ouarzazate
Ibis Moussafir Ouarzazate
Ibis Moussafir Ouarzazate
#13 of 40 in Ouarzazate

Been to Palmeraie? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Palmeraie

Property: Palmeraie
Address: Charia Al Maghreb Al Arabi, Ouarzazate MA 3P 121, Morocco
Region: Morocco > Souss-Massa-Draa Region > Ouarzazate
Business Centre with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Swimming Pool
Ranked #36 of 40 Hotels in Ouarzazate
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Palmeraie 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Palmeraie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Palmeraie Hotel Ouarzazate