“Average passing by hotel”
Review of Kenzi Azghor

Kenzi Azghor
Ranked #35 of 40 Hotels in Ouarzazate
Madrid, Spain
“Average passing by hotel”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Simple and rudimentary hotel. Ok for single night, but nothing special. It seems like the typical tour group hotel.

A couple of comments regarding the hotel publicity and other point worth mentioning:

Internet is only available on the hall' despite on the claim of full coverage.
The breakfast could be better. Very simple for a hotel dealing with groups of tourists.
The carpet of the corridors has a thick layer of dust that could really benefit of a gentile vacuum

A 3 star European hotel on the middle of morocco.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Lake Country, Canada
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Nice location within walking distance of a liquor store. Which is no small thing in Morocco. The hotel is on top of a hill so great views in all directions. The terrace and pool were exceptional. You could even bring your own cold beer to the pool. Lots of loungers. Lots of tour groups were at the hotel so I guess they cater to tourists. Food was very average but the staff were very nice. Rooms could use a paint job nut were ok.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the lobby as we seemed to be running back and forth from the pool a lot. It will...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank coldy
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 24 June 2013

The property was ok and the outdoor area by the pool was lovely, but the room was stark and the air conditioner didn't work very well. We weren't the only people that had that experience because everyone was sitting outside in the evening to cool off. On the upside, they had live entertainment and it was very good and the bar was nice.

Room Tip: If you get a room with poor air conditioning, ask IMMEDIATELY for another one. It's no guarante...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CarlandPati
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I made a booking online for the Kenzi Azghor. I called twice before I left to check that my booking was valid and was informed that it in fact was. When I arrived to the hotel the staff told me that there was no rooms available even though I clearly had my booking. The staff told me several times that I could not stay there and I did not find them very helpful. They made ME call other hotels in the town to find a room and did not even call them for me. Eventually it turned out that there were no other rooms available in any other hotels and they 'magically' found me a room after about 2 hours of trying to sort things out. They only gave me a room because there was literally nowhere else available. I stayed there for 2 nights and paid my bill in Moroccan Dirhams when I left. This was back in April, now about 3 weeks ago they debited money from my account again for the same room 2 months later. This transaction was pending for about a week and then bounced back. I thought the ordeal was over. Now this time they have taken money out of my account again and this time it is not pending!!! It has actually come out of my account. The value date apparently from the 6th of June even though I stayed there in April. I called the reception only to be told that they could not help my right now and I have to call back. So so far I have paid twice and they have simply stolen money from my bank account. I absolutely do not recommend staying here. I stayed at many other hotels in Morocco and had the most amazing time and service ever. It is a shame that this hotel that was so horrible at the time is still haunting me long after I have stayed there.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Ouarzazate hotels

nyc
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

Do not go here. It looks like this place was good about 30 years ago and they just haven't updated the place since then. It definitely wasn't clean - dirt in rooms and even stains on the lamp shades! We went with a group and the air conditioning didn't give off cold air in any of our rooms, when I complained, they told me that was like that in all rooms; that's a problem in the desert in the middle of the summer! The breakfast and dinner was truly horrible - dry meats and uncooked veggie salads (which is bad because as a non-Moroccan I can only eat cooked salads), and no flavor (even salt) on anything. I wound up going out for dinner even after paying for dinner with the room. The free WiFi worked, but it was dial-up speed, no safe in rooms or gym. Note that the rooms didn't come with enough soap or shampoo for two people for one night and we needed to ask for more.
The only positive thing about this hotel was the view from the pool was incredible and it's located near a main square in town to walk to. Be warned, the pool was ice cold and I personally found it uncomfortable to swim in.

• Stayed June 2013
Deerfield Beach, Florida
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We just came back from the most pleasantly surprising trip to Morocco. I am not sure what we originally expected, but we were amazed at the physical beauty and the friendliness of everyone that we came into contact with. All of the hotels were good but the Kenzi Azghor was an exceptionally beautiful resort in the middle of the desert. Don' miss the dunes at sunrise. We also loved the Fez Medina and the day in Essaouira. We loved the fresh fish, carpet buying and strolling through the city.
We loved the whole trip!!
Julie and George

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank grisisky
Campbell, California
Reviewed 5 June 2013

This hotel is not new and it is showing its age. Beds sit directly on the floor (no bed frame), so they are about 6 inches lower than normal--harder for someone with bad knees to get out of. Linens were not changed after the previous tenant arrived (as evidenced by skidmarks on the sheets--UGH!). AC doesn't work.

On the other hand--great pool, great view of Ouarzazate, no 6-legged or 8-legged livestock in evidence, and really fine breakfast and dinner buffet.

If I had not been on a guided tour I would have changed hotels, but evidently this is the best place in town (that will book a tour). The Kenzi company needs to spend some time money bringing this place up to their normal standards.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. If forces to stay here, then inspect the room on arrival and get things like unc...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family