“Loved Harri's!”
Review of Haris'horses

Haris'horses
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Haris Horses provides guided horse tours on the island of Ometepe, Nicaragua. We recently built cabins on the ranch and offer Bed and Breakfast accommodations on our organic farm called Finca Montania Sagrada. Dinner is available on request.
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We spent 2 night's at Harri's Horses....it would have been nice to have one more. We did a kayak our first day which was fabulous....although it had been a dry season our kayak's had to be carried across a small portion ( they a local farmer do this for us) it was well worth it because it took you to an area to where there was lots of wildlife.
Thenext day Harri took us for a nice horse back ride....his horses were very well taken care of and he knew their habits well.
It was a great stay and the pasta dinner was fabulous!

3  Thank jacquelinenara
in 12 reviews
"riders"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed 17 August 2013

We had no experience with horses but Harri made sure that both we and the horses were safe and happy. Great to see nature from a different perspective and look at the surroundings rather than the ground when going up to the water falls. We had a nice lunch as well.

1  Thank gaibijin
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Hari will make sure to match you with the perfect horse (based on your level of experience, weight and so forth) in order to make sure that your ride is as smooth and comfortable as possible. Furthermore, he does this to make sure that his horses are not hurt.These horses are very well taken care of. After matching you with a horse, Hari will explain to you the personalities of the horses and what to expect out of them. I do not have a lot of experience riding horses and Hari took the time to teach me the proper techniques and postures when riding. We went to the San Ramon waterfall, it was an amazing ride there with spectacular views. I highly recommend going horseback riding around Ometepe Island with Hari, it is the best way to see the beauty that this island has to offer.

2  Thank Bumserdude
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I visited Finca Montania Sagrada on a recommendation from a friend. This is a delightful place and I could recommend it to any adventurous individual. There are no shops just beautiful people in an idyllic setting. I do not speak Spanish which is an obstacle in this part of the island. Fortunately a friend and Hari helped me with communications. The food is wonderful. There are plenty of hiking, biking, kayaking, and horse riding activities to keep you as busy as you want or you can simply relax and enjoy the beauty of this wonderful island. Thank you Hari.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 July 2013

My husband and I, along with another couple staying at the same B&B, had an amazing ride yesterday witthe entireari.
Hari very carefully matches horses with riders. This is done not only for the benefit of the riders, but for the horses as well. I got to ride Tequila, a beautiful horse who hari said would ordinarily carry someone whoAlso weighed a bit more than me. Since tequila was recovering from some saddle irritation from the previous week, Hari wanted to put someone lighter on him. I was thrilled because Tequila was the biggest horse, and who doesn't like that? Both ladies is our party had riding experience, but my riding experience is English, not western, so Hari explained the differences to me. He gave everyone a heads up on their horses' personalities. He also did a great job of getting the guys started and, during our four hour ride, would frequently turn around to check on everyone.

Tequila's trot was so smooth I didn't even realize he had been trotting until I suggested he go a little faster and he broke into a canter.

It is very clear that these horses are very well cared for. The four hour ride up to the waterfall is tough on the horses, so Hari is careful to rotate them and give them days off.

Wear long pants and boots or sneakers as you will hike at the very end up to the waterfall. Bring a plastic bag for cameras in case it rains. Bring a bathing suit (or, if you wear your suit under your clothes, bring something to change into) because you HAVE to wade into this waterfall. A towel and sunblock are very helpful as well.

Also, know that you will be sore afterwards. I would not do this trip the day before you plan to leave ometepe because your rear end is going to hurt. But trust me, you will not regret the adventure!

3  Thank JenEyre