“Rough, rocky trail” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Haris'horses

Haris'horses
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Haris Horses provides guided horse tours on the island of Ometepe, Nicaragua. We recently built cabins on the ranch and offer Bed and Breakfast accommodations on our organic farm called Finca Montania Sagrada. Dinner is available on request.
Portage, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Rough, rocky trail”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We did a two hour ride with a guide. The guide and the horses were nice, but I'm thinking the other reviewers must have a lot more padding on their behinds than I have. There was a lot of trotting involved on very rocky trails. I own horses, but am used to riding in grassy fields or wooded trails. I would still recommend Haris', but don't expect it to be like a "walk in the park."

Visited May 2014
2 Thank 22Elly

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Riding on the best horses around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Hari is an excellent and extremely knowledge guide. He knows his horses well and can perfectly match a rider to a horse. We took a 3 hour ride to see Petroglyphs that were carved on rocks near the lake. Both of us being new to horse riding, Hari took us through all of the steps. He made sure that we were comfortable on the horse, gave us instructions on how to direct the horse and even got to gallop! I would recommend Hari's and his horses to anyone that would like a one of a kind experience while visiting the beautiful island of Ometempe.

Visited June 2014
Fairbanks, Alaska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highlight of our travels!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

We had the most incredible time with Haris and his crew. We stayed for 3 nights on his property and I could have stayed longer! The views on his land are breath taking and his staff is wonderful! We took a 3 hr horse ride with him and never felt safer, as I am not a horseman. He also paired us up with a guide to hike the volcano and it was amazing! Stay with Haris, you will not be disappointed!

Visited January 2014
Seguin, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“ari and Mirca's Finca!!!! Great people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

I have nothing but good things to say about all the wonderful folk of Hari and Mirca's Finca!!!! Great people, wonderful conversation (They speak Italian, Spanish, English, German, Portuguese, Portanhol, "Portinghol", Hindi, ... .), fantastic horses (I did a 4-hr ride to the waterfalls and then an 8-hr ride around that part of Ometepe.), good food, a beautiful finca, clean/beautiful facilities, hot showers, etc. Saul can take you up to the volcano, Carlos & Hari & Mirca can teach you much about horses and life on Ometepe. And Hari/Marilena can tell you how to arrive at their finca economically. ... I hope to bring my family one of these days soon-and will advise friends to visit Hari's and Mirca's place. paul bain martin, Seguin, Texas

Visited January 2014
1 Thank pbainmartin
Nairobi, Kenya
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“well-trained horses, amazing scenery and a great guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

This is one of my best riding-experiences while traveling- and I have been riding in all parts of the world since 25 years. The horses are in very good shape and well trained. Also the stables and equipment were well taken care off.
Harry is a very responsible horseman. He takes great care of his customers with respect of their different riding levels. No matter what level you are Harry will make sure you will feel comfortable and not over challenge you. He speaks Spanish, German Italian and English fluently and has great knowledge of the area and locals.
I liked the first ride to the waterfall so much that i immediately booked another one. The second one was a full day ride around the southern peninsula which took us through remote villages and stunning scenery finishing off with a bath with our horses in the lake.

This is an experience of a lifetime -no matter what age or riding level!

Visited November 2013