La Via Verde - Organic Farm and B&B
Hotel Villa Paraiso(Isla de Ometepe)
Hotel Central(Altagracia)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Playa Santa Martha(Isla de Ometepe)
Hotel & Resort Palermo(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$125
Villa Loma del Socorro(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
US$92
Surf Ranch Hotel & Resort(San Juan del Sur)
US$34
  • Breakfast included
El Jardin Hotel and Restaurant(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
US$75
No availability for your dates from our partners
HulaKai Hotel(Playa Maderas)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscrepesyogurtconcepcion volcanoorganic farmcafe campestrewonderful hostshomemade vanillaorganic breakfastthought of everythingrocking chairsbathroom downstairsshared bathroomprivate verandatravel arrangementssecond levelbooking taxisa special place
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I am almost hesitant to write a review because I want to keep this little secret to myself! This was by far our favorite place to stay while in Nicaragua. Eileen and her husband took such great care of us! We had an amazing breakfast each morning, and she helped us organize our excursions each day. She even arranged for us to have food delivered to the B&B. The rooms are clean, beds comfortable, and the views are breathtaking! I hope we have a chance to come back one day! You will feel relaxed in this serene and tranquil setting. Thank you!!

Before traveling out there, please email Eileen to ask her if there is anything specific the school community needs (school supplies, notebooks, baseballs etc.). If you have room in your suitcase please bring supplies with you and support the community!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank LTKeliautoja
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I, rarely give out "perfect" in a review, but I sat here for a few minutes before starting my review and that is all I could come up with. Look Folks, around the world, as most of you know, there are literally hundreds of places and rentals that are idyllic, great views, clean rooms, good cooks, reasonably priced, you name it, its there'if you do your research. But what's different is that 98% of them do not have Eileen and Darrin. From moment one, you are hugged while getting out of the taxi before you put your bag down, then it's scooped up and off you go to your room and a tour of the place. These two have been scratching out a living for 13 years in Nicaragua. That is long before the tourists started arriving.This shows me grit and determination, and that's what they bring to every facet of your stay. Your breakfast is unsurpassed, period! 6 choices on the menu, you pick three. She makes the yummiest Granola, homemade vanilla yougurt, crepes, pancakes, omelets and homemade bread, included in the price. I so looked forward to the breakfast sitting on the balcony staring out at the volcano, parrots, trogons, magpie blujays, iguanas, all trotting and flying by while you eat. Your rooms are sparkling clean. I stayed in the cabin in the woods and was apprehensive alone and what would go bump in the night. What went bump was my head on the pillow after hiking all day somewhere that Eileen lined up for you from some trusted friends. i listeneded every day to these two making some kind of plans for someone that many times were not even staying with them ! Constantly checking on you without intruding, they are just pure earth people with the warmest of hearts imagineable. Common courtesy, a wealth of knowledge about the island de Ometepe especially. you will be occupied indeed. They have contacts that will get you to any part of Nicaragua. Eileen set up 6 different rides for me and i had to change several and she did not miss a stride and in thirty minutes you'd receive another email and your requested change was in place. Sorry Éileen. Do not miss the kayak tour.
But the coupe de grace was about my 5th day when i contracted the Flu, I believe. Without even asking here came breakfast delivered out to the cabin, thruout the day came soups, juice drinks, guava tea that relieved my nausea; walking out to my cabin by flashlight in the evening to check and see if there was one more item, one more need. It's genuine, not salesmanship what makes these two different. They love their life, their work and they will love you if you are fortunate enough to stay with them. I repeat there are hundreds of beautiful places around the world, but they DO NOT HAVE Eileen and Darrin. They are the difference between a good vacation and a great vacation. And that is what we all seek, we just dont realize it until Eileen smiles at you and asks you how was your night's sleep. Sigh . . .Miss you guys !

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Blarneyman
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Wow! From the first time I contated Via Verde, Eileen was so communicative and helpful - offering advice for transportation to and from VV as well as advice and information about excursions. Via Verde's setting is idyllic - on a quiet part of the island and a bit off the main road. You can walk to Cafe Campestre in less than 10 minutes. Rooms and bathrooms are clean, comforatble and well appointed. You can tell that Eileen and Darrin have given a lot of thought to what their guests might want/need. They have a lot of written information in the room, as well as a fridge stocked with cold beverages that you can help yourself to and just record what you take in a little notebook. There are really no words to describe how friendly and helpful Eileen and Darrin are - they are truly wonderful people and hosts. I can't write a review without mentioning Eileen's amazing breakfasts. Fresh, delicious and HUGE. And, you get to eat breakfast while gazing at Maderas. Oh, and did I mention the hammocks? What a way to relax and unwind before or after exploring Ometepe!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank UltraNatasha
Reviewed 21 February 2013

We were staying here for 5 nights in February. Super-Clean Rooms with private balcony with hammocks & Chairs, a shared terrace with a breathtaking view of Vol Concepcion. Shared bath, which is fine, since u share it with only 1 other room.
We were suspicious at first, looking at the 100% excellent reviews, but all the good things that were written by others, were only topped! Eileen and Darren are the best hosts, taking extra good care of their guests. Once you send the reservation, Eileen is in regular contact with you, making sure to make your trip to Ometepe and Via Verde as smooth as possible. Once at Via Verde, she organises everything for you, from hikes (including lunches, which you pick up from highly recommendable Cafe Campestre in reusable tupperware boxest hat are provided by Eileen) to bike rentals and dinnerreservations. Amazing breakfast!

Like many other reviewers i can highly recommend the place!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Emiliano Z
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and it was wonderful. We didn't stay in the main facility - sometimes Eileen & Darrin will rent out a cabin that is located further in on the property. It is a little more expensive but well worth the additional cost. If you don't mind being out in the middle of what seems like nowhere it is fantastic. The cabin has an open living room/kitchen area and a screened in bedroom and bathroom. Sitting in the living room you look straight out to Concepcion Volcano - what a view!

I can't say enough for the hospitality extended by Eileen. She will help you make arrangements for tours, tell you where to eat (and even arrange delivery of dinners), where to rent bikes - you name it and she will give you help. The breakfasts are to die for. I am a breakfast person and the ones here are some of the best I have ever had.

Ometepe is a great place to visit especially is you like the outdoors. We hiked, kayaked, and rode bikes - there's so much to do. The road to La Via Verde from Moyogalpa is now paved the entire way, so getting there is easier.

If you want to visit Ometepe, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple