“You couldn't wish for more!”

La Via Verde - Organic Farm and B&B
Berlin, Germany
“You couldn't wish for more!”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We were first hesitant to book this place because it seemed a bit off and we didn't want to be stuck in just one place. Luckily we took the risk and it was absolutely worth it.
The little guesthouse is situated in a lush garden of fruit trees about 50m away from the street. The house only accomodates two rooms with a shared bathroom on the top-floor, a common space with a table and a fantastic view of volcano conception on the other Island. The rooms are small but clean, beautifully furnished and have each a private veranda with hammocks.
Eileen, the owner, is very helpful and knowledgable and provided us with tips on tours and restaurants (several restaurants within 15-20min walking distance). The breakfast was the best we got on our trip in central america! you can definitely taste that eileen and darren run an organic farm - yummy!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 9 August 2014

What an incredibly beautiful and peaceful place. My friend and I rented both rooms and fell in love with this special B & B. Via Verde was the perfect place to return to after our adventures for the day. It felt like we were in a treehouse with spectacular views of the volcano, surrounded by a canopy of trees. We were even delighted by a visit from howler monkeys on our first afternoon. Eileen and Darren, took special care to make sure we were well taken care of and arranged all the activities for us that we wanted to experience on the island. The breakfasts were amazing and fresh coffee awaited us every morning which we each enjoyed in our hammocks on our own private verandas.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cindy N
Zanesville, Ohio
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Eileen and Darren have created a spectacular, secluded paradise that everyone should experience at least once in their life! La Viva Verde is a small, two bedroom + casita guesthouse that offers beauty, comfort, and a delicious home-grown, breakfast. The rooms, although small, are so well appointed you will barely notice especially considering that there are so many wonderful outside spaces at your disposal. Each room has a large, private balcony and a shared balcony with a priceless view of Conception. The bathrooms are not en suite but are large and immaculately clean. Breakfast is served at a communal, outside table on the first floor and you have several options to choose from which will be prepared fresh upon your arrival.

What struck me the most about La Viva Verde was that Eileen and Darren have literally thought of everything - whether it be the arrangement of the rooms, or the bins to store your shoes, or the stocked "honesty fridge," you literally will find that they have put immense effort into making your stay completely stress free. Eileen is an invaluable tool and can and will arrange anything you request. She is truly amazing and has found her calling on Ometepe.

We loved every minute of our stay!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank weeone03
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I can't believe it has taken me this long to write a review. I stayed here over Christmas, travelling solo. Eileen and Darrin were the most gracious hosts, making sure my stay was absolutely perfect. They organised some fantastic tours/activities including hiking and kayaking and loaned me a hat, bag and some sun screen and medical supplies. We had some lovely conversations with the other guests and the breakfast was incredible (possibly the best I have ever had). The farm is beautiful, I stayed in the little cabin in the woods which was decorated with fairy lights. Christmas Day, Eileen made myself and the other guests some tamales, ordered in some local food and made THE most amazing orange cake and banana bread ever. It was so good I even asked for the recipe. Urgh, I want to go back!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank nacre11
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 23 June 2014

WOW - Eileen was an unbelievably amazing host for a two night trip for myself and my boyfriend! The room was beautiful and clean and the view from the deck is stunning. Each room had a private deck with two hammocks. The fridge was always stocked with beer, water and soda, and the bathrooms were spotless and comfortable. I can't emphasize enough how fantastic our stay was - Eileen arranged for full transportation from the Managua airport to the B&B, a guide to hike Maderas Volcano, a scooter rental, and had fantastic dinner recommendations (El Zapilote for pizza is a must). The breakfast was delicious - I'm dreaming about that granola with homemade yogurt!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katie T
Canton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at La Via Verde on our Honeymoon in July 2013 and had an absolutely amazing time!

Darrin and Eileen were wonderful hosts. We stayed in the casita- which we highly recommend. It was very secluded and extremely romantic! We enjoyed all the space. When it rained (which happens daily during that time of year!), it was as if we were the only two people on earth.

We loved ordering in dinner. The window by the dining table in the casita perfectly framed the other volcano. Eileen was so helpful with making our dinner order arrangements! There was even one night where we got stranded in our casita because of the torrential rain. Well, we could have gone out, but Eileen was able to find someone to deliver food to us so we stayed dry and were well fed too! The very small delivery fee was well worth the luxury of ordering in! There were plenty of wonderful restaurants within walking distance, especially Cafe Campestre, but sometimes it was even better to have that same food delivered! Oh, and the best part was that we didn't have to wash any of the dishes and containers--Via Verde took care of it!

Eileen also helped arrange our activities and transportation to and from Ometepe.   She even knew a local woman who would come to La Via Verde and give massages for $20 for the hour! After all the hiking and horseback riding this was absolutely the best.

Breakfast was fantastic every morning. The fridge in our casita always had cold beer, soda, and water. AND their water comes from a natural spring so you can drink it right out of the tap!

There is no air conditioning, but I did not miss having it. And I do not generally tolerate heat at night well. The breeze coming through the screens, as well as the fan, kept me very comfortable. If you're nervous about a lack of ac in a tropical country, don't be. If I was fine, you will be too!

I want to add that Martin, (cell- 8664 0085), the driver Eileen arranged, was great. My husband and I ended up hiring him to take us from Ometepe to San Juan del sur, and from San Juan del Sur back to Managua, with many stops for shopping on the way! He was very patient with my rusty Spanish.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JenEyre
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Beautiful views, incredible breakfast, spotless rooms that far surpassed anything we could have expected. The pictures do not do this place justice. Darrin and Eileen were amazingly gracious hosts. They were incredible helping us arrange tours and transportation. The farm is beautiful and they are great people who helped make our trip absolutely amazing.

Stayed December 2013