“thieves stole my bank card!!!!! do not go here!!!!!”
Review of Comedor Gloriana

Comedor Gloriana
Cuisines: Latin
Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

we ate there after being recommended by the owners cousin Kevin who owns bull shark tours. Kevin and the tour guide (who spoke good English) at bull shark tours seemed nice enough so not sure if they were in on it or if they had no idea what was going on. but the night we ate there the power kept going off so at some stage my wallet dropped out of my bag or it was stolen. I didn't realize until the next morning and I asked at bull shark tours including the comedor Gloriana because they were linked (same family) they guaranteed they did not find a wallet. I didn't care about my card however I said I just needed my USB. a few days later I checked my bank statement and 2 amounts totaling $240 was taken from my bank under the name of comedor Gloriana. obviously they were desperate to rob me and didn't think their restaurant name would come up on my statement. it was obviously the owners who used my card and I'm glad I cancelled it that day so they couldn't take any more out. we were nice to these people and went to there on recommendation from their family member. I hope they go bankrupt because they deserve it. even though you are from a poor country you should never steal! especially from a backpacker. karma!! this is not the only site I'm telling about this either.

2  Thank Jadey_from_Oz

Reviewed 1 April 2013

What's not to like about eating right on the beach? The food wasn't anything spectacular, but it's a comedor right? Just meant to be reasonably tasty.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

The place has a relaxing atmosphere and great prices for plates full of food. The little girls are smiling and giggling and enjoying life while mom and dad and grandma all provide good food and service. Juan Carlos rents motorcycles in Santo domingo.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

Had a really good lunch here, fish, fresh from the lake. Delisious!!! Just so you're warned: the fish is whole, that is with everything, so don't expect a fillet!

I like to spread out my money, so I also went to Julias, the "comedor" that is right next door. Had the same type of fish for dinner, now with garlic! Amazing!

Very nice people and good service in both places.
ps: loads of tiny flies around though... on whole of playa Santo Domingo!

Reviewed 22 February 2012

Help locals with their small businesses! The owner is sweet. Food not bad, prices great.