“Like having your own Nica family!”
Review of Los Ramos

Los Ramos
More attraction details
Owner description: Los Ramos offers a unique eco-tourism experience that connects visitors to their community, the island's culture, and Nicaragua’s natural resources. Upon arrival, you will be greeted with open arms and open homes allowing you to get a glimpse of what daily life is like through the eyes of local Nicaraguans. The members of the community strive to create experiences for participants that will last a lifetime. We offer several specialty tours and homestay options that provide our customers with a true sense of the Nicaraguan culture.
Reviewed 12 August 2013

What an incredible experience it was to live like a Nica for a few days in this indigenous village on the shores of Lake Cocibolca! We brought our students there for a service learning trip and they couldn't get enough of it! While the homes have no running water and one must use a latrine and shower with a bucket, what they lack in modernity they make up for in hospitality! After only 3 days spent in Los Ramos, all the group felt an incredible bond to the people there and didn't want to leave. Ever is a fantastic host and led a horseback adventure up the Volcan Concepcion, as well as visits of a nearby village La Ceiba and others participated in a traditional cooking class, where all the ingredients are local! The night before we left, the community gathered all together and put on a cultural show for us that was unforfettable. We can't wait to go back, and if you are looking to see the real Nicaragua, this is it!

3  Thank RenoirF
"horseback"
"life"
"ometepe"

Reviewed 5 April 2013

I am thrilled to share with you my experience with the cultural cooking class in Los Ramos. This indigenous community has grabbed my heart and they will be a part of my life forever. We spent the afternoon preparing nacatamales, visiting the banana and plantain plantations to pick the best leaves in which to wrap our nacatamales. Our gracious hosts patiently took us step-by-step through the whole process of making the traditional Nicaraguan nacatamales. Ever is the head guide, and he is a jewel. He speaks English and is extremely knowledgeable about all the flora and fauna on the finca.
The cultural programs created in Los Ramos are not to be missed. If you want to visit a real working community and become culturally immersed in a vibrant, friendly atmosphere...this is the place to start your trip.

3  Thank MyGypsytoes
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Great place to see the locals at their best as well as the hospitality they bestow upon travellers

1  Thank Jennifer K
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I had a wonderful couple days in a homestay in Los Ramos, which is still one of the highlights of my trip in Nicaragua! The kindness and openness I experienced extended from the family to the whole community. They welcomed me into their lives for a couple days - showing me the amazing fruit trees on their land, taking me to the beach to wash, letting me cuddle the baby, and showing me how they make their delicious gallo pinto! I also did a horseback trip to explore the beautiful countryside. If you want to connect with people and experience the culture, this should be top on your list!

6  Thank WestCanExplorer
See more reviews
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I can't say enough about our tour with Ever and the Los Ramos families! We were greeted with huge smiles and open arms as we pulled up to the rancho on our scooter. Highlights of our Nourishing Nicaragua tour were fresh, hand squeezed grapefruit juice for lunch, and hunting crabs to use for bait for an afternoon of fishing in a dugout canoe! There is something very special happening in Los Ramos, and I feel very privileged to have had the chance to share in it. An Ometepe must-do!

4  Thank kylesformiles