“5 lovely days stay in August for a wedding trip”

Welcome Centre Hotels
Ranked #8 of 130 Hotels in Lagos
London, United Kingdom
“5 lovely days stay in August for a wedding trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a friend's wedding trip to Lagos. It was a very convenient and safe location. The room was a very good size, clean and with nice air conditioning which was quite essential. I was also quite impressed with the service provided by room service and at breakfast every morning. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a stay in Lagos.

Austin

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Only stayed in the hotel for one night after a gorgeous wedding, but found the rooms and service to be great. The room was nice, clean and spacious with a cozy bed and the bathroom was good. Also had dinner which was a chicken burger with fries which was scrumptious and If you stay at the Welcome Centre I highly recommended it. If i travel to Lagos I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

I had a very pleasant stay at the Welcome Centre Hotel in August 2013. The staff were incredibly friendly and nice and the breakfast buffet was good quality. Found the free wifi a nice surprise and in good working order. The security was top-notch and the location close to the airport was very convenient, especially as I had an early morning flight out.

Room Tip: Corner rooms tend to be quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
WelcomeCentre, Director of Sales at Welcome Centre Hotels, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thanks Kristjian for your kind words, we always look forward to your visits. Best regards from myself and the rest of the staff!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

I have stayed in this hotel twice while on a visit to Lagos from Toronto, Canada. I am highly impress, the security in the hotel was really tight. The restaurant was good and it's buffer. The rooms were quite nice, clean and cozy. The staffs were very nice and make you feel at home. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I have always stayed on the second floor, but i guess higher floors will be better.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

If you need to use the internet for your stay, go somewhere else. The internet in this hotel is painfully slow at best, and usually does not work at all. If you don't need to use the internet and would like to be a short drive from the airport, this hotel will suffice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
WelcomeCentre, Director of Sales at Welcome Centre Hotels, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Sorry you had a less than satisfactory internet experience. I apologise and I can assure you that during the period of your stay, we experienced a service down from our ISP. The Hotel's internet operates at a 3mbps/3mbps dedicated bandwidth. It is fully complimentary with the rooms. We also have a back up 2mbps/2mbps running in our lobby. I'm sorry you weren't able to use the lobby back up for whatever reason. And yes I'm responding to this review using the hotel's internet :) I assure you your next visit will be lightening quick. (do see other guest reviews and their appreciation of our hotel's internet speed and robustness)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

The Staff here was friendly & most welcoming. This was Best hotel I’ve stayed in a while! I travel a bit & this was my 1st trip to Lagos. I LOVED the surroundings & the service my newly wedded husband & myself received while here. My husband tried to take me other places in Lagos but I barely wanted to leave hotel grounds as I was content with the hotel amenities alone. I’d refer anyone to stay here during their visit to Lagos as I plan to return in Oct. 2013. It is centrally close to airport & many other attractions. The grounds are glorious and well kept. I felt comfortable & safe my entire weeks stay. Thank you Mr. Kingsley & the rest of the hotel staff for making my 1st experience in Lagos a pleasant one & allowing our wedding & honey moon stay to be of much ease & pleasure! Mr & Mrs J. Afolabi

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks for your review. We are glad to hear you had a great stay. All the best in your marriage and we look forward to seeing you again.
Warri, Nigeria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

Location,
The main reason I consider this hotel is the closeness to the domestic or international airports. It is fantastic transferring to any of the airports from the Hotel especially when you do not have time on your side but be prepared for the meandering route to the Hotel from the airports especially at night and high traffic.

Rooms
Until I used the deluxe room after several stays in this hotel, I had concluded that the rooms were musty and too stuffed with furniture that make movement around the room very clumsy.
Having a better quality of stay in this hotel starts with the deluxe room type found to be more spacious and fresh. My review is based on the deluxe room.

Sleep Quality
Beds are comfortable but the noise from activities in the corridors definitely interrupts sleep. The hotel could consider an overlay to the floor finish of the corridors to absolve the noise from movement of trolleys and people during check in/out.

Restaurant
Although the buffet is not very elaborate, the standard is good as they are able to cater for both national and international requirements. The restaurant offers better service than most around the area.

Bathrooms
I love the relaxing high sprout shower irrespective of the room type and floor you are in. The bathrooms have been well maintained over the years. Please keep it up.

Front Staff
They are somewhat helpful.

Please pay attention to the not so dependable internet service which is supposed to be complimentary.

Room Tip: *Try the deluxe room type if you can, for more comfort *Be prepared for the meandering route to th...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends