“Amazing”

Welcome Centre Hotels
Ranked #14 of 138 Hotels in Lagos
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I checked in on Friday and checked out on Sunday. It was a memorable stay, the standard is international, I enjoyed the breakfast, the environment is so inviting, the staffs are very friendly, it was a perfect experience, I will surely come back. I

• Stayed: February 2013
WelcomeCentre, Director of Sales at Welcome Centre Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thanks for your kind words. We are glad to read that you had a pleasant time and we look forward to your return. We will continue to do our best but please promise when you come back do let us know what we can do to turn our hotel from a 4 star rating to a 5 star rating in your eyes.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I stayed here recently for three nights while attending a seminar held in the hotel. My room was OK. It was quite dark with very little natural light. Facilities in the room were adequate, though the bed was very hard with a very thin mattress. The bathroom was also quite basic, through water temperature and pressure in the shower were good. Periodic power outages, but those are common in Lagos.

I tried room service once and ate in the hotel restaurant on a few occasions. The food is just about OK with a selection of Western and NIgerian dishes.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MJMH
WelcomeCentre, Director of Sales at Welcome Centre Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thanks for your patronage and your feedback. We will work on your feedback and hope to move from just good to great in your perception.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

I had an excellent stay at Welcome Centre Hotel from August 16 to August 18 while attending a friend’s wedding. I stayed in room 407 on the 4th floor.

Positives included:
– Spacious room with air conditioning and comfortable king-size bed
– Modern bathroom with fantastic shower (great pressure; no interruption of hot water)
– Excellent restaurant in the building (wonderful Nigerian and foreign dishes; good breakfast)
– Nice banquet facility on the premises (400-person wedding was easily accommodated)
– Very safe with security visible but tactful (no “fortress” feel; secure but relaxed)
– Short drive from airport, so no need to deal with traffic jams on way in and out
– Super friendly and responsive staff

The only small issue was that my Wi-Fi access disconnected a few times; the staff quickly provided me a new password and I was back online within moments.

I was very impressed and I look forward to staying there again on my next trip to Lagos.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Thanks Mwenenzi for your feedback and kind words. We have taken on your feedback and simplified the internet log in protocols to make it even more robust with tablets and smart phones

Reviewed 9 September 2013

I enjoyed a pleasant stay at Welcome Centre Hotel in Aug 2013. I found the hotel conveniently located near the airport. My room was comfortably clean, spacious and air conditioned. The food was top notch and I found the staff very friendly. I would definitely stay here again next time I visit Lagos.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a friend's wedding trip to Lagos. It was a very convenient and safe location. The room was a very good size, clean and with nice air conditioning which was quite essential. I was also quite impressed with the service provided by room service and at breakfast every morning. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a stay in Lagos.

Austin

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Only stayed in the hotel for one night after a gorgeous wedding, but found the rooms and service to be great. The room was nice, clean and spacious with a cozy bed and the bathroom was good. Also had dinner which was a chicken burger with fries which was scrumptious and If you stay at the Welcome Centre I highly recommended it. If i travel to Lagos I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I had a very pleasant stay at the Welcome Centre Hotel in August 2013. The staff were incredibly friendly and nice and the breakfast buffet was good quality. Found the free wifi a nice surprise and in good working order. The security was top-notch and the location close to the airport was very convenient, especially as I had an early morning flight out.

Room Tip: Corner rooms tend to be quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Thanks Kristjian for your kind words, we always look forward to your visits. Best regards from myself and the rest of the staff!