“Really Nice Hotel”

Welcome Centre Hotels
Ranked #14 of 135 Hotels in Lagos
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I want to start out by Agreeing with Jerry. The reviews mentioned by the two travellers, in my opinion, are totally false. This is a beautiful hotel and well managed by a very professional and friendly staff. I stayed for three days and totally enjoyed my stay. Air-conditioning works perfectly. There are frequent power cuts but not a minute passes before the generator is activated. The food served in the restaurant is very tasty. The positives which I appreciated :
The pool is very clean and well - maintained.
The restaurant serves complimentary starters and the breakfast is varied and changes every day
Rooms are well-maintained by house keeping and the overall hotel is cleaned beyond perfection
Staff is very helpful.
Location is good close to the airport
Internet speed is good

A few suggestions :
Lighting in the rooms can be increased
Toilet showers would be appreciated
Better hangers in the cupboard
A mini bar in the fridge would be nice

I would highly recommend this hotel to visitors coming to Lagos.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
WelcomeCentre, Director of Sales at Welcome Centre Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thanks Ramseskinshasa,
For your feedback as we value your patronage and your constructive feedback. We are glad to hear you had a pleasant stay with us. We look forward to your return. We will work on the feedback you have given us and we will make changes where possible as we always look for ways to please our guests.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I have been coming to this hotel for over a year and I must disagree with some of the reviewers below. The hotel is located conveniently near the airport(s) and is of good quality. The hotel is a typical business hotel. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for families with young children, but that's a persons own opinion.

When I enter I am greeted with a smile, the check-in is done within minutes. The menu offers a taste of the Nigerian kitchen (Peppersoup!) and continental dishes. The portions are exactly right seized and of good quality.
There are several bars, where one could zip a cold one. The upstairs bar (Otto's bar) has a balcony from where one the hectic of Lagos can see. The hotel is used by varioius airlines and companies, so for the single traveler there is always someone to talk to or to meet. The staff are friendly and doing there best to make my stay as comfortable as it can be. There are power outages, but obviously this is not the fault of the hotel... T.I.A (This Is Africa). The hotel has generators; They take time to start up, but one will never be without electricity longer than a minute.

The location of the hotel is somewhat far from downtown Lagos, which doesn't make it ideal when one has business on i.e Victoria Island. The traffic can be quite the challenge in Lagos and could easily lead to hours stuck in traffic.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jerry M

Thanks Jerry M,
For your constructive and timely feedback. We appreciate your patronage and your feedback. Please always let us know, on future visits to our hotel, what ways we can further improve our services and move to 5* review in your perception.
Many thanks

Reviewed 7 January 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Doris F
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have to agree with the review from Rosemary Bun. We were based in Lagos together for business and our employer chose the hotel, so we had no choice but to endure the poor service and problems for weeks on end. The response by the Welcome Center Hotel Management shown below Rosemary's review is typical of the type of service we received. Rather than fix the problems, they would give excuses, and none of the complaints were correctly addressed. The internet was terrible, regardless of how much bandwidth is supposedly available. None of Rosemary's complaints are spurious. I truly hope that if we are based in Lagos again, our company will choose a hotel that is more caring towards the guests.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Hi T-bone (such a cool review name),
Apologies that you still had issues with the internet on your second visit. I assure you that we not only take your feedback seriously but we also act decisively on it. After reading your second (I must add to my utter dismay) I immediately summoned our ISP down to our hotel, and showed them both of your feedbacks before reading them the riot act. They proceeded to conduct thorough diagnostics work on the hotel radio dish and their HQ transmitters. They then carried out a servicing on the equipment; replacing some boards in the process to optimize the internet signal. In addition, based on your feedback, I am happy to admit we have now upgraded the internet bandwidth up from 3mbps to 5mbps whilst maintaining our back up 2mbps supply in the hotel lobby. Once again, we apologize we let you down, thanks for the feedback....because of your candour we were able to improve our service to the benefit of all our guests. I hope you feel the same way on your next visit and you tell us on tripadvisor how it went.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

The Welcome Center Hotel is poorly managed. We experienced slow service in resolving our problems, very long waits to receive meals which were usually served cold, several episodes of food poisoning, slow or inoperative internet, a laundry service which shrinks or melts your laundry, housekeeping staff who smell so bad we had to leave the windows open and vacate the room after they left, and power interruptions so frequent they became commonplace.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rosemary_Bun
WelcomeCentre, Director of Sales at Welcome Centre Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

I'm sorry to hear that your stay at the Welcome Centre Hotel was less than desirable but your review is highly out of sync with the majority of our guests. I'm surprised you stayed so long with us considering you felt the service was this bad or that you did not contact anyone in hotel management with your complaints. I'll assume it's a genuine review and not a competitor effort as our internet is 3mbps/3mbps dedicated, we have 3 stand by generators onsite, ultra modern laundry service, award winning kitchen and excellent neat and courteous staff. I can see from your review profile that all of your previous 22 reviews were based in Florida, USA and this is your first trip to Lagos, Nigeria and I wonder if you are not taking out a bad trip in Lagos on our hotel.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I checked in on Friday and checked out on Sunday. It was a memorable stay, the standard is international, I enjoyed the breakfast, the environment is so inviting, the staffs are very friendly, it was a perfect experience, I will surely come back. I

• Stayed: February 2013
WelcomeCentre, Director of Sales at Welcome Centre Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thanks for your kind words. We are glad to read that you had a pleasant time and we look forward to your return. We will continue to do our best but please promise when you come back do let us know what we can do to turn our hotel from a 4 star rating to a 5 star rating in your eyes.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I stayed here recently for three nights while attending a seminar held in the hotel. My room was OK. It was quite dark with very little natural light. Facilities in the room were adequate, though the bed was very hard with a very thin mattress. The bathroom was also quite basic, through water temperature and pressure in the shower were good. Periodic power outages, but those are common in Lagos.

I tried room service once and ate in the hotel restaurant on a few occasions. The food is just about OK with a selection of Western and NIgerian dishes.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MJMH

Thanks for your patronage and your feedback. We will work on your feedback and hope to move from just good to great in your perception.