“Hands on manager ensures good service”

The Federal Palace Hotel
Ranked #5 of 130 Hotels in Lagos
Bay of Quinte, Canada
“Hands on manager ensures good service”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

If you need to conduct business in Lagos I would recommend this hotel. There are beautiful
Grounds and hospitable service. The food costs were very high though so if you are on an expense account you may have a problem. The Lebanese Manager was always on the floor of the hotel greeting guests and was always available. I can t say there has ever been a hotel manager providing this degree of service. My only comment is that if you order room service the prices in the room dining book aren't accurate. For example in room dining for two Oceans wine was 4000 naira but in actual fact is 5500. Pls change these prices. It is annoying to order room service and be blindsided by a different price.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
david_kliegl, General Manager at The Federal Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Lakeside 100
Thank you for posting a review after your recent stay at the Federal Palace Hotel & Casino. Please accept my apologies for the discrepancy in the price on the In Room Dining menu and what you were charged. Please accept my assurances that we not in the business of “blindsiding” our guests with incorrect prices, and that this discrepancy will be rectified immediately. I do hope that your bill was adjusted accordingly.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Federal Palace Hotel & Casino when next you visit Lagos.
General Manager Nigeria

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Turkish first
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed 26 January 2014

The Federal Palace Hotel is a nice place to stay, right on the waterfront, and with quite large grounds. Safely located on VI, it is far from the hustle and bustle of Lagos, and certainly provides a safe and sanitized stay in Nigeria's biggest city. The staff are very friendly, and the breakfast menu, in particular, is exceptional. For some reason, the AC in the lobby/public areas is set very low, to the point that one has to wear a jacket or jumper at night in the restaurant. I wish they did not do that. My bedroom was clean and comfortable, although a noisy AC meant I had to use ear plugs at night. This is a nice hotel, with clean facilities and helpful staff . . . but if you are visiting Lagos, wishing for a taste of the city and culture, this is not the place to stay. On the other hand, it is safe, secure and very comfortable and that certainly counts for something in a city known for its rougher side. The one area that could be improved is the gym - I found it smelly and stuffy, with some of the equipment not working,

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Rothar-Gorm
Thank you for posting a review of the Federal Palace Hotel & Casino following your recent stay. We were delighted that you enjoyed the friendly staff, clean facilities, our great breakfast and that you felt safe during your stay in Nigeria. Your comments regarding the air conditioning and the gym have been noted. I look forward to welcoming your back to the Federal Palace Hotel & Casino when next you are in Lagos.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Coming to Nigeria for the first time I must say I was scared to say the least. But was I in for a suprised. I stayed here while doing Africa Fashion week, this was the most gorgeous and to say the least, most comfortable place ever. The staff were extremely helpful and the food was amazing! Lying on the beds around the pool was so relaxing. I would recommend this Hotel as a 5 star experience.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Nena B
Dear Nena B
Thank you for posting a review of the Federal Palace Hotel & Casino following your stay. We were all delighted by your kind words and that you enjoyed all our facilities and services on offer. The Pool Club with the Olympic size swimming pool, water slides and tennis courts all located on the side of the Atlantic are thoroughly enjoyed by our guests and certainly make good reason to stay at the Federal Palace Hotel. We do hope that you will be attending the next Africa Fashion week and look forward to welcoming you back to the Federal Palace Hotel & Casino.
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 9 January 2014

During my visit to Lagos I stayed at federal palace a few nights. I was happy with the service and friendly staff both in the restaurant and casino. Being a first time visitor I felt very welcomed and nothing was an effort to the staff. The bedrooms are furnished emmaculately. I would recommend this hotel as a place to stay at. Breakfast was well presented and there was a variety of dishes to choose from. Thank you to the management and staff for making my stay so pleasurable. Will most definitely go back on my next visit.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Rozanneb2808
Thank you for your review of the Federal Palace Hotel & Casino, and your kind words. It is always such rich reward for us when our guests find our service to be so pleasing! Thank you for recommending our hotel as the place to stay. We all look forward to welcoming you back when next you visit Lagos.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Tried the leisure facilities and have to admit they are the best in Victoria Island.
The staff are very friendly and attentive. The slides are great for the kids and the Olympic sized swimming pool is perfect for adults who want to swim away the festive calories.
The food is good, with a Lebanese touch, shawarma and hommous were good, only the sandwich was a little oily but taste was good.The cocktails are heavily priced and quite small in size but didn't grumble as they were made to perfection.
The area is well spaced with a nice little mini golf area is there as well as a trampoline and fitness area for adult who want to exercise.
The only challenge is a membership must be taken out in order to use the facilities. This i find a little frustrating as due to most people's hectic lifestyles in Lagos we cant always utilize such commitments to join such clubs.
Anyway a great experience and i'll be back..

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Stan t
Thank you for your review of the leisure facilities at the Federal Palace Hotel & Casino and your kind words about the Pool Club. The Pool Club enjoys a prime location on the side of the Atlantic and offers a most relaxing environment after a hard day’s work in Lagos. As a resident of the Federal Palace Hotel & Casino, access to the Pool Club is offered complimentary. Access for non-residents is limited by membership.
Benin City, Nigeria
Reviewed 27 December 2013

This is my second time here with my family, enjoyed it so much the first time my kids wanted to come back. However this time around they were very disappointed the children's pool was not working which really killed their fun. We complained was told they were working on it, but till we left it didn't work. The breakfast is great but on boxing day (26th December), I don't know what happened I guess they were not ready for the crowd, the staff looked so disorganized and there was no food to eat. The buffet to be specific on Christmas day evening I wanted pasta and cream sauce, when I went there, there was pasta but no sauce, when my wife asked the chef, he said it was finished for the day. When we were paying we complained to the server who immediately went to report the matter to someone behind the bar, and the guy went out to the kitchen or so and within 5minutes or less when we were exiting the restaurant the server came running to us that the sauce was now ready to come back. The service is great, but I guess the management needs to pay more attention and try resolve issues as it happens. Example there is no reason the children's pool should be be closed for days without repairing it, Christmas holidays shouldn't be an excuse such a big hotel should have in-house staff or company to do maintenance. Overall this was a disappointing stay for us.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Jude I
Thank you for your review. We were disappointed to read about your unhappiness regarding the baby pool, particularly as we have no record of the non-availability of the baby pool. In addition 26 December is traditionally one of our peak attendance days and consequently the Pool Club receives our full management attention. Perhaps you would like to contact me directly so that we may further investigate your complaint.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 15 December 2013

The entire staff at the Federal Palace were friendly and accomodating. Very good customer service. It turned out to be a relaxing nice weekend getaway. Will stay here again.

My only complaints are the room service and ironing: food delivery took a while and there are no irons or ironing boards in the room.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear Jenms27
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Federal Palace Hotel & Casino. We are pleased that you had an enjoyable stay. Your comment regarding the provision of an iron and ironing board has been noted. We deem this to this to be a safety risk in an environment where emergency services are limited and severely restricted by the gridlock traffic, which Lagos has become famous for. We do offer an express ironing service and we guarantee your ironing back to you in 30 minutes. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Federal Palace Hotel when next you are visiting Lagos.