The Federal Palace Hotel
US$346
US$180
US$148
Hotwire.com
All reviewslarge groundssea facing roomvictoria islandolympic size swimming poolwould highly recommend this hotelbusiness lunchbreakfast buffetfood and beverage managerroom servicebusiness triptennis courtsup to datehotel guestsvisiting lagosother hotelsrooms are comfortablef b
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I'm not sure what exactly it was, but My husband and I agree that we had THE MOST RESTFUL weekend ever!

The staff was great - polite, helpful and friendly. It was my husband's birthday, and the staff helped make it truly special for us. The food was great. The room was very neat and cozy. I have a thing about bathrooms and the bathroom at the hotel did NOT disappoint. Great view (ask for a sea facing room!). There is sooooo much to do at the hotel. I loved the pool. If you just wanna go for a walk… DO IT - lots of beautiful grounds to cover! Will definitely be returning and this time I hope to win big at the casino :)

Room Tip: Get a sea facing room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ugonnia T
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The Federal Palace Hotel has a nice and calm ambience, its a wonderful get-away spot. The food was quite tasty, their staff are very accommodating and courteous. the hotel is very quiet, its a great place to get a quick holiday and rest properly. Business meetings can be conducted with ease, and the hotel management always find a way to work around your needs, even if their policies are against them.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

A solid hotel, some of the rooms and especially the bathrooms are dated but everything else works well, the food is acceptable but not startling and the communal areas all are well maintained. You won't be amazed but unless unrealistic won't be shocked either

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Form point of arrival, my 2 nights stay at Federal Palace...it was a relaxing experiencing.
Despite that it was a business trip, I was so relaxed as the environment gave the right ambience. From the receptionist at arrival and the waiters that attended to me...I was totally Impressed at their politeness.

FPH comes highly recommended by me for any traveler or tourist.

G.A

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2014

So, with a mixture of regret and relief, I bid farewell to the Federal Palace. I've spent maybe 20 or 30 nights here over the past few years, but after my most recent trip, I'm calling time now. On the regret side, the staff are friendly and cheerful. They've been consistently the positive side of the property. The relief is that I won't have to face the very sub-standard evening buffet again, the run-down exterior and public areas, the super-noisy aircon in the rooms, and I won't have to wonder why the owners don't swing the priority pendulum just a bit back from the casino where it lies, to the hotel, where it's needed. Net - competition's now strong and present, but in my view the Federal Palace, very sadly, is neither.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business