“Fantastic”

Citilodge Hotel
Ranked #35 of 130 Hotels in Lagos
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Its a lovely hotel in the Island of lagos,decent staffs, wonderful managment. Clean pool. And a good security system, I like it cos of it quick access to town.the resturant its a class of it's own jazzy music for evening relaxition pool side bar for football match viewing, I'll recomend for anyone going to lagos island.

• Stayed August 2012
Isdore M, Manager at Citilodge Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Thank you so much qkay for taking time to review our hotel. We fully appreciate your very positive comments on the hotel. We are committed to providing the best in terms of standards. We look forward to receiving you again at CITILODGE Hotel and be assured of our attention at all times.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I was just at this hotel on June the 25th of 2012. I am from Columbia, SC USA. The workers were nice. My husband and I enjoyed our stay. The pool was clean, our room was clean, the food was great and the area was very close to surrounding shopping centers. I was very impressed with the nightly turn down service as well. When I first arrived the receptionist greeted my husband and I carried our bags to our room and later brought us our food and wine on time as we requested. This is a very nice hotel for anyone wishing to visit Lagos in the Lekki area. I will come and stay here again. The staff and this hotel was great!

Room Tip: Bring your own shower gel.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Grace O
Isdore M, Manager at Citilodge Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Thank you so much Grace for taking time to review our Hotel.We appreciate your comments and promise to keep it up.We also note your point concerning the shower gel, kindly be advised that this is available on request since soap is always provided as standard. We look forward to hosting you whenever you are back in Lagos.
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 19 November 2011

This hotel appears to be one of many failing Nigerian hotels. The rooms are small and run down. A lot of the things on the menu were unavailable. The area isn't very good. The staff is very nice and good at making the beat of a bad situation.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank slbmcp
olufemi t, General Manager at Citilodge Hotel, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Slbmcp, thank you for your comments which has really triggered a lot of reaction.
In direct response management of the hotel has been changed in January 2012. You are quite right that we had issues with food, I am pleased to advise that the new management has restructured the F & B department and we have started receiving positive responses from our guests.
With regards to the rooms, I must say that we have four categories of rooms and having checked our records I observed that you booked one of the lower categories. Please be informed that we have more spacious rooms and indeed the size of our rooms have never been in issue. It is delighting to note however, that you appreciated the warmth of our staff and their professionalism. We thank you for this and promise that your next visit will be a positive and more rewarding experience. Thank you for your time and for correcting us. I assure you that ours is a listening organisation.
Nigeria
Reviewed 1 November 2009

Room rates were on the high side for the facilities available.uncomfortable chairs in the lobby and we had only one towel in the bathroom. Water in the bathroom was coloured and few tv stations. But very friendly and helpful staff, breakfast was simple but nice. Generally just okay

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Berne, Switzerland
Reviewed 26 June 2009

Prices are at 25000 Naira per simple room - a bit pricey.
WiFi in the rooms is free and working reasonably well.
Rooms and beds are clean and comfortable, staff friendly.
Not many TV channels.
I haven't seen any other guests - so if you're looking for company after a day's work this is a bit lonely. The gym is pretty basic (two running machines, and one weight-pushing machine) but ok.
I wasn't able to pay with Mastercard because the machine didn't work.
Breakfast is a bit on the meagre side. Cornflakes, white bread, nescafe coffee.
Butter, Jam, and other things only occasionaly.
Swimming pool is 7 m long - too short for real workout.
If the price was better, I would recommend it.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank APST
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lagos
Three Arms
#40 of 130 in Lagos
The Avenue Suites
The Avenue Suites
#21 of 130 in Lagos

Been to Citilodge Hotel? Share your experiences!